FedEx Freight | If we MERGE

I don't think it is a merger... more like an overhaul. National will be rebranded as freight with a lot of changes, like maybe your Fedex truckload carrier??? And freight will assume ALL LTL operations. Just a guess based on a few changes to transfer policy changes made in july. There is no more dovetailing at all. Only those workers who are currently in their 1 year one-time transfer back to original customer center can follow work. And that ends for good on july 26 2011. So to recap: no dovetailing with seniority, and Contractors being added at National to run linehaul. High seniority people will be ok and a lot of city drivers will have jobs at current FREIGHT locations, on the bottom of the board. I could be totally full of crap. Just a guess.
I'd go with the crap....:guiness:

I think uncle Freds going to pull the plug, when he bought you guys ,
it showed that you guys had like 1500 trailers
turns out 3/4 of those were single wides
that watkins employees are living in
Well I guess that's better than your pop up.....:1904:

These Merge threads are hilarious! Jeff, did you really need to format the entire site to start this drama again? Everywhere I have been to the last few days everyone has asked me what my thoughts are on the merger, I say "what merger"? They say, "we read about it on truckingboards!"...

This merger has been discussed repeatedly since the inception of National LTL. If there is anything tangible, why haven't we saw documentation, or at least a verifiable source? All I hear is rumors, most seemingly generated here by chiggers post.

We can leak all of YRC's secret documents, why not some hard evidence? If none exists then let sleeping dogs lie...

did I miss something here? Did I start the threads? should I go and delete all the threads? Tell me what would you do? Don't be shy

Wichita, Jackson MS (I heard they already have), and a few others I can't remember. I was told the merged terminals would combine city and linehaul would remain separate. They would be called something else, but I don't remember what.

Has anyone heard the rumor about getting rid of all contractors at ground and using National and Freight power only units to move it city to city then using express drivers to deliver the packages ???

@Jeff I checked out your competition and was briefly pumped up on Jeff hate, forgive my premature assumptions that these were egregious, inaccurate rumors. Apparently there is fire to this smoke.

@Jeff I checked out your competition and was briefly pumped up on Jeff hate, forgive my premature assumptions that these were egregious, inaccurate rumors. Apparently there is fire to this smoke.

oh you mean the parrot site that has no original thoughts and copy everything we do here?

Has anyone heard the rumor about getting rid of all contractors at ground and using National and Freight power only units to move it city to city then using express drivers to deliver the packages ???

Ya I heard that one. But then again I've heard I bunch of other stuff to. Rumors are flying around like crazy, but it would'nt surprise me if they made ground a company driver operation.

Been told that Sept.15th will be the day they will let you know that National will merge with frieght. Then alot of national guys will be without jobs and that will be sad, because we are all trying to provide for our family's!

Been told that Sept.15th will be the day they will let you know that National will merge with frieght. Then alot of national guys will be without jobs and that will be sad, because we are all trying to provide for our family's!
Most (not all) on the natl extra board are already without a job so, nothing new.
making it official would be a welcome relief

Last edited by a moderator: