Central Transport | If your not happy here, just quit.

I'm considering going back into plumbing, learned the trade from my father. And it's not that I really dis-like this job. It's partly because I want to be in business for myself. And partly because if I'm gonna clean up someone's poop I need to make more money. Vitran doesn't pay enough for such non-sense....(I just had to throw that one in, I couldn't help myself) ....And the Ole lady thinks I need a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only advice to you is wait until the wheels fall off, not that your asking for my advice. I'm sure you don't need it.....Many don't agree with me and that's their right and I respect that...

I appreciate your opinion and while I'm keeping my options and my eyes open, it's not like I going to leave to be a delivery boy for Staples. I hope I'm wrong and you are right. The reality is I will probably be the guy that turns the lights off and locks the gate for the last time.

If you knew the history of Vitran you would realize that your statement is incorrect. Vitran didn't start as a small one man operation that grew in the behemoth that it is now. It purchased a bunch of small companies and tossed them all together into the sausage stuffer. I like to joke that this company is like a shotgun wedding. Many of the old timers that are still here started with smaller or family owned companies, Overland, Quast, Chris ect., we were happy working at those places, but we were sold out to the highest bidder....Vitran. We were cautiously optimistic that things would work out for the best. Things were ok for a time but then Vitran made some poor purchases and started to rack up debt, middle management began to play CYA and people who couldn't do their job were protected, maintenance began to suffer and so on.
Why do we stay? 2 reasons
1. some of us have financial obligations, if you are the sole bread winner, or you have child support payments it's pretty hard to just bail out. 2. Hope......we keep hoping that at some point the light bulb will come on and Vitran will stop doing stupid things. It wasn't that long ago that we were profitable. I didn't think it could get any worse than with Kosovec running things, I was WRONG. While I have tried to remain positive about Mr. Keylon the reality is numbers don't lie, and we are going in the wrong direction. In the last year linehaul has been restructured twice in an effort to improve efficiency and yet we continue to lose MORE money? A troll is someone who stirs up trouble just for the sake of being obnoxious, I would like to think that our discussions on Vitran's operations are aimed more at educating newbies and trying to figure out solutions to the problems. I am looking for another job, not because I want to walk away from someplace where I have invested 20 years, but because I don't think any of us are going to have an option much longer.

+1000... Good post

Vitran=vital transportation they changed the US LTL to Vitran after deciding that Overland/Quast didn't have a good feel. Vitran purchased Overland in 1995 I would have to do some investigation to see if they had other US holdings before then. All the annual reports back to 1997 are on the investors page, you can see the rise...and fall of the company.
i like the rise and fall comment. rearrange QUAST so it reads SQUAT. lol.

yes lets not work here but complain about it. if you do not like it leave

According to your logic you LIKE working here. Would you care to give specific reasons why? I'm not attacking you, I just think you're management. Surely there is no such thing as a DRIVER that enjoys working here.

According to your logic you LIKE working here. Would you care to give specific reasons why? I'm not attacking you, I just think you're management. Surely there is no such thing as a DRIVER that enjoys working here.

calm down, you are just just antagonizing another poster and looking for an online fight.

please discontinue that attitude

General Forum*Etiquette - Truckingboards Truck Driver Forums

unless you want to be labeled, i would back off. not just talking this post, but i am drawing the idea about you is that you are just looking for an online fight. please read the etiquette available at the link above.

"Ignore Trolls. Netiquette guidelines are very specific where they're concerned. If you engage in conversation, you'll raise your blood pressure and empower the Troll. You can't win a flame war, and you can't sway a Troll's opinion. Often, they don't even care about the subject; they live for the conflict and nothing more. Trolls are common and not worthy of your time. Ignore their posts-no matter how inflammatory-and eventually they'll get bored and move on."

everyone is welcome here, and i believe all should "agree to disagree" on everything, it opens the mind to something you maybe never knew or understood

General Forum*Etiquette - Truckingboards Truck Driver Forums

unless you want to be labeled, i would back off. not just talking this post, but i am drawing the idea about you is that you are just looking for an online fight. please read the etiquette available at the link above.

I'm not here to antagonize, nor am I here to feed the trolls. I have read the rules of etiquette: " When in doubt, ask for clarification." ....That's exactly what I was doing. You can label me whatever you want to, but I'm going to call it the way I see it.

You can always tell the one's that have it together....It's in their writing's....It's in their witty humor....It's in their overall character....You just can't hide it. Although some try to hide, the smart one's can see right through it. In the end you alway's give yourself away.

You can always tell the one's that have it together....It's in their writing's....It's in their witty humor....It's in their overall character....You just can't hide it. Although some try to hide, the smart one's can see right through it. In the end you alway's give yourself away.

No "crown" tonight Bro, unless you were hitting it this afternoon. Gotta go to bed right about now so we can get up tomorrow morning and start a new week all over again. As long as the eagle
$h!ts in my checking account every friday, I am good to go for now.

No "crown" tonight Bro, unless you were hitting it this afternoon. Gotta go to bed right about now so we can get up tomorrow morning and start a new week all over again. As long as the eagle
$h!ts in my checking account every friday, I am good to go for now.
Oh no, The Ole lady hardly ever let's me hit the "crown" got it for Chrismas and it's almost gone....She won't let me buy it...And she doesn't like me drinking beer, but she drinks wine some so she let's me some...Man I sound whipped....But I sure don't want to lose her so I do what she say's most the time...I think she know's me better than I know myself....And know's whats best for me. Anyway bro gotta be in early myself so the Train is outta here tonight...Take care men

Try the Maple Crown-Good Candy
Oh no, The Ole lady hardly ever let's me hit the "crown" got it for Chrismas and it's almost gone....She won't let me buy it...And she doesn't like me drinking beer, but she drinks wine some so she let's me some...Man I sound whipped....But I sure don't want to lose her so I do what she say's most the time...I think she know's me better than I know myself....And know's whats best for me. Anyway bro gotta be in early myself so the Train is outta here tonight...Take care men

I must disagree there is a driver who likes working here and its me. I actually hope to retire from here, some of the reasons are I have invested more than a dozen years and over half of my driving career with this company, I actually like most of my customers (when I get into my area anymore) and most of all I make enough to support my family, not rolling in the money but making it. there are lots of things that need to be changed but overall I am happy with my job.