Yellow | I'm so glad I left YRC (511)

Ex YRC management is all over the place they know the good employees and the bad they are asked and do offer opinions on applicants.
When Preston closed, in Indy, the first person Yellow hired was our operations Manager. Then they asked him who to hire, who to avoid. Ex managers for one Ltl company go to others. Eventually an entire city knows each other's employees. For instance, one guy came to Preston who had been at 7 companies that closed while he worked there. We all updated our resumes...

Ex YRC management is all over the place they know the good employees and the bad they are asked and do offer opinions on applicants.

without question EX YRC management do offer opinions why wouldn't they tell their new company which former YRC employees to hire, at the end of the day all we really have is our NAME and our Work Record so if you are a lazy, problem child then don't cry when these other companies don't hire you.

When Preston closed, in Indy, the first person Yellow hired was our operations Manager. Then they asked him who to hire, who to avoid. Ex managers for one Ltl company go to others. Eventually an entire city knows each other's employees. For instance, one guy came to Preston who had been at 7 companies that closed while he worked there. We all updated our resumes...
It wasn't Triplex was it? :lmao::biglaugh::hilarious: , I know it wasn't me after I broke three companies I retired. :1036316054: and look at what I did to the pension.

Its been just over a year since I resigned from YRC (511) in Dallas with almost 12 years as a road driver and moved on. I can honestly say that after a lot of praying and weighing different options my family and I are all happy today with the decision to part ways with YRC. It was not an easy decision to make but I realized that what I was attempting to hold on to were memories from a company that does not exists anymore. Yellow is gone and Roadway is gone and the reason I went to this company years ago which was for the pension is also gone. I'm not running teams, I'm home more often, and nobody's taking 15% of my paycheck. In my opinion YRC does not care about its employees and the Teamsters are just as bad but I won't open up that can of worms. I wish everyone the best and I pray that YRC and the Teamsters can get things turned around for the sake of the members. God Bless and thanks for reading my post.
Amen glory to God I moved. on to

The healthcare at YRC is phenomenal. After paying for my own health insurance for three years, I am so happy to have great medical. When I paid for my own medical, the premium was $600 per month, with a $6,000 deductible, which essentially means that I paid for everything. It was like driving down the road every month and throwing 6 one hundred dollar bills out the window. Now, I also get vision and dental, whereas I paid 100% out of pocket on my own. Pension cuts suck, but oh well, for now I have to work and I enjoy the job.

Many of us that are in the fourth quarter of our work life want good insurance. All of us have different priorities and are at different stages in our lives.

OP - Best Wishes to you and your endeavors. Life goes on. I've always made changes and never looked back. Statistically, when folks make job changes, voluntarily or involuntarily, they are better off.

Ya... My son worked for R for ten years went to 511 for about a year and left. Didn't resign just never went back. Best thing he ever did. He is in a better place physically and mentally. Financially too.
But you did open a can off worms. You may have not meant to... But you did.....
Not trying to demean your son in any way, but this place ain't for everybody down here. Weak ones get weeded out quickly as well as the stupid new hire "entitled ones". Not sure what category he fits in,if any of those two, but if he's in a better place, good for him.

Wai
The healthcare at YRC is phenomenal. After paying for my own health insurance for three years, I am so happy to have great medical. When I paid for my own medical, the premium was $600 per month, with a $6,000 deductible, which essentially means that I paid for everything. It was like driving down the road every month and throwing 6 one hundred dollar bills out the window. Now, I also get vision and dental, whereas I paid 100% out of pocket on my own. Pension cuts suck, but oh well, for now I have to work and I enjoy the job.

Many of us that are in the fourth quarter of our work life want good insurance. All of us have different priorities and are at different stages in our lives.

OP - Best Wishes to you and your endeavors. Life goes on. I've always made changes and never looked back. Statistically, when folks make job changes, voluntarily or involuntarily, they are better off.
Wait til 2016 gets here.The Cadillac tax kicks in.

Its been just over a year since I resigned from YRC (511) in Dallas with almost 12 years as a road driver and moved on. I can honestly say that after a lot of praying and weighing different options my family and I are all happy today with the decision to part ways with YRC. It was not an easy decision to make but I realized that what I was attempting to hold on to were memories from a company that does not exists anymore. Yellow is gone and Roadway is gone and the reason I went to this company years ago which was for the pension is also gone. I'm not running teams, I'm home more often, and nobody's taking 15% of my paycheck. In my opinion YRC does not care about its employees and the Teamsters are just as bad but I won't open up that can of worms. I wish everyone the best and I pray that YRC and the Teamsters can get things turned around for the sake of the members. God Bless and thanks for reading my post.
Why would you write this? Then write God bless at the end? Real scummy

Not trying to demean your son in any way, but this place ain't for everybody down here. Weak ones get weeded out quickly as well as the stupid new hire "entitled ones". Not sure what category he fits in,if any of those two, but if he's in a better place, good for him.

Why do you fail to mention the third category - he's one of the smart people who evaluated the situation and made an intelligent decision to leave for something better?

you forgot about roadway suits-- they went to estes--some still work in same terminal roadway owned back east.
Welcome to the boards Associated transport. I remember your company well, it merged with Eastern Freightways back in the early to late 70's. As I recall it was then the biggest LTL in the U.S.A., the drivers were a proud crowd. You must have some long whiskers. :1036316054:

Welcome to the boards Associated transport. I remember your company well, it merged with Eastern Freightways back in the early to late 70's. As I recall it was then the biggest LTL in the U.S.A., the drivers were a proud crowd. You must have some long whiskers. :1036316054:

Ran some casual road trips for Eastern/Associated in 1974 when Maislin was a little slow. Eastern wanted to put me on but I decided to stay with Maislin. Even though they (Maislin) eventually closed they lasted longer than Eastern.

We should be okay from what I understand, the Cadillac Tax is for plans that cost $27,500 per year, which is $13+ per hour. I don't think YRC contributes that much per hour to the health plan, right?
That's for married, I believe. For singles I think it's 10,600. Even then, it's on the employers, not the employees. And just the tax on the amount above the 10,600 threshold. It's why the IRS forced the amounts your employer pays for your health insurance on your year end wage statement. Mine at my job is 11,999. Of course, there is no doubt the IRS wants to eventually consider the whole thing as taxable income for you, and make you pay tax on the whole thing...

The reason its in there is to force employers to consider it cheaper to drop coverage than to have to mess with the tax. Government wants all employers to drop, so they can force everyone onto ObamaCare.

Last edited:
I will put my record up against anuone 34 years driving 31 here great record there's a lot reason's why some chose to stay and thereare far more with resons other than not being hireable
I'm with you, Brother. I'm Western States who made my PEER 80 and my "25 Lock" several years ago. I'm still there in large part because this company defaulted on the VEBA payments in addition to our pension payments; so......all of our pre-Medicare age retirees are "orphaned" and left on their own to pay their health insurance. That's a HUGE expense. I've thought about applying at ABF, but why would I start all over again, throwing away a quarter century of seniority when my pension is already locked in (and thank God it's not Central States!)? Some of our people who needed a year of pension credits to make their "25 lock" have indeed left to start over again at ABF. Some of those have timed it right, and are doing OK. I'm glad for them.

Second, ABF is not the "bed of roses" that some would make it out to be, not unless you include the thorns! YRC's management knows full well that they're staffed out of the goodness of our hearts, and that replacing us if we leave is very difficult to do. That's a lot of leverage for us if they try to get "cute."

Third, I'm not sure whether the Ringling Brothers/Barnum and Bailey circus is hiring. Why find out when we've got the same entertainment right here?

Ya know???

Does anyone else have any input on that Cadillac tax comes into play? Is that 27,500 figure correct for married and will the YRC plan which I would guess is identical to Holland not exceed that? Also is it true that only the amount over that figure would be calculated as taxable? I have been concerned about this for some time now wondering if we were going to take it in the shorts one more time.

Does anyone else have any input on that Cadillac tax comes into play? Is that 27,500 figure correct for married and will the YRC plan which I would guess is identical to Holland not exceed that? Also is it true that only the amount over that figure would be calculated as taxable? I have been concerned about this for some time now wondering if we were going to take it in the shorts one more time.

Who Pays ObamaCare’s Excise Tax?

The Cadillac tax isn’t paid by individuals directly, instead health insurance issuers and sponsors of self-funded group health plans pay the tax. However, an excise tax in general typically results in that cost being passed on (at least in part) to the consumer.
How Much is the ObamaCare’s Excise Tax?

The Cadillac tax is 40% of any dollar amount beyond the caps that is considered “excess” health spending. So it’s 40% on every dollar over $10,200 for individuals and $27,500 for family in 2018. It is not just a flat 40% increase on the total dollar amount.
Why Is There a Tax on High End Health Plans?

The Cadillac tax on high end health plans is meant to slow the growth of healthcare costs (by discouraging unequal health coverage and the over-use of care) and to generate revenue for ACA spending.

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-cadillac-tax-excise-tax-on-high-end-plans/

The Cadillac tax isn’t paid by individuals directly, instead health insurance issuers and sponsors of self-funded group health plans pay the tax. However, an excise tax in general typically results in that cost being passed on (at least in part) to the consumer.

The Cadillac tax is 40% of any dollar amount beyond the caps that is considered “excess” health spending. So it’s 40% on every dollar over $10,200 for individuals and $27,500 for family in 2018. It is not just a flat 40% increase on the total dollar amount.

The Cadillac tax on high end health plans is meant to slow the growth of healthcare costs (by discouraging unequal health coverage and the over-use of care) and to generate revenue for ACA spending.

Man, I gotta say. You and big_ truk really do your homework on current events!!!

"over-use of care" ? Triplex just what dose that mean? One blood test too many? Help me out here.