Yellow | In tax terms ( taking a loss )

Liberty Tax is a franchise operation. They are absolutely NOT affiliated with the New York Stock Exchange. If you want to trust your tax return to a store front operation in a shopping mall, be my guest. If Liberty actually said that you can take a loss because YRC did not hold up to their original agreement, I wouldn't trust them to take out my garbage.
Trip, you left out the part where they pay someone minimum wage to dress up [desecrate] in a Statue Of Liberty suit to "HAWK"their Business. Real Professional.

Sorry Sugarfoot, I forgot.

imgres

Can't seem to find the way (if there is one) to have the image display in the post. However, if you double-click on the small square box in the post the image will display. New software, hmm!

According to Wikipedia, Liberty Tax is a NASDAQ-traded company.

That's correct, but that's totally and completely different from your earlier post saying they were "affiliated with the New York Stock Exchange"

We strive for accuracy here! :)

I, and others, will need more information on the basis for claiming $5K in 'lost wages,' due to the fact that YRC "... did not hold up their agreement,..." MOUs were voted in and the contract extended. Explain the "...lost wages over the last three years." Wages were not paid. How does Liberty justify returning money to an individual that was never earned?
Not earned, not paid, and no taxes withheld. Makes it hard to claim a tax refund on money never taxed.... Especially since it doesn't exist...

I, and others, will need more information on the basis for claiming $5K in 'lost wages,' due to the fact that YRC "... did not hold up their agreement,..." MOUs were voted in and the contract extended. Explain the "...lost wages over the last three years." Wages were not paid. How does Liberty justify returning money to an individual that was never earned?
File your amended return with the BRG tax service in Calumet City, Il. El. I will personally handle your return and refund !!!

"A sucker is born every minute"
The attribution to P.T. Barnum is far off the mark. P.T. Barnum knew what people wanted and had the gift and creativity to provide entertainment to the public which kept them coming back. They would return even if the "truth", i.e. "The 162 Year Old Nurse for George Washington", was found to not be true when, after she died, she was reported to be 80 plus years of age.
No one felt cheated if they were entertained and Mr Barnum had a handle on this quirk of humanity. Mr. David Hannum, another presenter and schemer, had a large stone man like object built, buried and dug up agin in Cardiff, NY and presented it as "The Cardiff Giant". Exactly what it was was of many thought. Ancient native, biblical "turned to stone"? No just something David Hannum created. But...P.T. Barnum created one too and said it was the REAL "Cardiff Giant" so people flowed to see Barnum's. Although Hannum had made over $40 thousand dollars he remarked, as to the folks paying to see P.T. Barnum's "Giant", "There's a sucker born every minute". Mostly attributed to Hannum and greatly, though inaccurately, associated with Barnumis also attributed to Mark Twain. But P.T. Barnum never uttered that line. Barnum was too smart to say such a thing.
They both would have a field day here!

Don't beleive the drivers' room BS....IT IS NOT LEGAL!

How can you claim a refund on what you did not pay tax on?

If you get audited. .YRC will not be the only initials to be a pain in your life....so will IRS!

...KK
Article 48 of the IRS tax code.Under contractual employees in a union.This article covers union contractual employees that have taken pay cuts.Yes in order to use this.One must pay the federal tax as if you did receive the pay cut monies.Then figure on that.

Article 48 of the IRS tax code.Under contractual employees in a union.This article covers union contractual employees that have taken pay cuts.Yes in order to use this.One must pay the federal tax as if you did receive the pay cut monies.Then figure on that.

Well that makes sense. Go ahead and pay tax on money you never got and then file an amended return to reclaim that money. That's showing them, who do they think they're fooling with?

(And those people vote? No wonder the country is in such bad shape.)

Well that makes sense. Go ahead and pay tax on money you never got and then file an amended return to reclaim that money. That's showing them, who do they think they're fooling with?

(And those people vote? No wonder the country is in such bad shape.)
If this had happened in a non union enviroment.Yes most of you would be correct in saying we can't do anything about it.Since we our Contractual employees in a Union that had decided to relegate pay cuts to save thousands of jobs and keep a corporations doors open.Then yes article 48 of the IRS code can be used.Several protocols have to be met before preceding to check out and getting a little back.This code has been modified in the past three years.Reason being for the modifications.Is because alot of employees in the most recent past.Have taken pay cuts.Can you imagine the audacity of a world wide corporation asking it's employees for a pay cut.Thats funny right there

If this had happened in a non union enviroment.Yes most of you would be correct in saying we can't do anything about it.Since we our Contractual employees in a Union that had decided to relegate pay cuts to save thousands of jobs and keep a corporations doors open.Then yes article 48 of the IRS code can be used.Several protocols have to be met before preceding to check out and getting a little back.This code has been modified in the past three years.Reason being for the modifications.Is because alot of employees in the most recent past.Have taken pay cuts.Can you imagine the audacity of a world wide corporation asking it's employees for a pay cut.Thats funny right there

Bigtruk, I'm worried about you, I really am.

I'm getting more clarification on this as we speak.When I find out more.Ill let you all know how or not to do anything.Fair enough for you all?

Plus when I post something of this nature.Im not going to blow smoke up your tin horn.

I may have a tin horn but I do know that Section 48 of the US Tax Code has to do with energy credits. But don't let that fact stop you from your further investigations - with or without smoke!

I may have a tin horn but I do know that Section 48 of the US Tax Code has to do with energy credits. But don't let that fact stop you from your further investigations - with or without smoke!
Don't kill the messenger.Just trying to help.Anything worth doing is worth doing well.