Yellow | Inbound dock at 120

stroud120

COME GET SOME
Credits
Alot of activity going on at our closed dock. Cleaning, heard they were going to start painting? Could this be the new home for Yellow from scranton ?

Roadway loses 40% of the Scranton work when they closed the Scranton terminal and now they want to make the same mistake with Yellow? Gee! Why don't we just move Yellow & Roadway Allentown up here so we can lose half of their business?
But what do I know? I'm just one of those lazy Road Drivers who will not use the R-64 issued "Magic Pencil" So I too can run 211-116-120 and do it "Legal"!!! Oh yea, I also can't seem to run 120-671 in 9.5 hour punch to punch!
When this Company goes under it will not be because of the Teamsters!

Alot of activity going on at our closed dock. Cleaning, heard they were going to start painting? Could this be the new home for Yellow from scranton ?

I have been off for two days but cant wait to check this out.
Can only be a good thing but I dont think it would be the new home of yellow from Scranton.....remember,we are merging big R and yellow. Might very well be bigger plans for this dock! Are you sure they are going to paint or are they just cleaning it up after all the strange activity that went on there with those *** numbered trailers that were there. And another question....were those logistics trailers that were parked there??? Again....just got to be patient and watch but it sure sounds like good news to me.
Remember.....no tolls on I-80 now

That dock is a bird sanctuary and cannot be disturbed. I hope they scrape off all the pigeon doo-doo before they paint. Do you think the Yellow guys will be fed the same load of crap when they are invited to that sh!t hole full of lies from management ? You will only run "your" area !! We are going to grow our business with this move !! Trust us, we know what we're doing !! The customers like it !! We will reduce transit times!! I don't think the customer sees the same driver twice. Good luck to all .

Not in a Hurry Though...

I cruised that little platform when I got back from Columbus, Oh today at around 18:30. Nothing was happening there then and no lights were on...lotsa doors were open and it seemed like some work was done to clear old equipment into a dumpster but I wouldn't say it's getting ready for anything but a site evaluation by the YRCW facilities mgmt.

Roadway loses 40% of the Scranton work when they closed the Scranton terminal and now they want to make the same mistake with Yellow? Gee! Why don't we just move Yellow & Roadway Allentown up here so we can lose half of their business?
But what do I know? I'm just one of those lazy Road Drivers who will not use the R-64 issued "Magic Pencil" So I too can run 211-116-120 and do it "Legal"!!! Oh yea, I also can't seem to run 120-671 in 9.5 hour punch to punch!

what stupid m n f r runs Akron to Deerpark to Tannersville.

Ya, an one of the crazy's just got put in as a shop steward in Lancaster.It's all about how much they can make not if it is right!The two of them haven't changed in 30 yrs.in fact I think they are getting worst.

For the 120 - 671 9.5 run... I would suggest picking up your pace. This trip can be done 9.5 punch to punch. Maybe certain drivers need to spend less time whinning with others in drivers room etc.. Compare apples to apples, Drivers who make this trip, are they hooking up radio and unhooking it later? Get the 2 seater and I'll show you it can be done, this is stopping at D&D for coffee stopping at tom's brook, then sheetz. Plus bladder stops.

As for the 40% lost of freight, problem here is the lack of employees for pick-ups, and YELLOW deverting more freight to yellow's terminal in scranton. Now is the 40% teamster's crystal ball scale or is there facts on percentage?

As for the 40% lost of freight, problem here is the lack of employees for pick-ups, and YELLOW deverting more freight to yellow's terminal in scranton. Now is the 40% teamster's crystal ball scale or is there facts on percentage?

You guys at 120 have great fortitude. The lack of employees is of no suprise, with everything that has gone on down there with all of managements lies on coos , layoffs, people leaving,and a bad reputation on the street ,i'm not sure if anyone would even apply. Top it off with the soon to be one seniority list and there will be more people out of work. YRCW had to see this coming, there will be alot of tension with the rank and file on this one. Good Luck to all.

Alot of stuff going on at 120 inbound dock today, had a crew fixing holes on the slab, asked them they were told to grease all dock plates, fix the curtains, pressure wash all curtains, get all the lights working, get all lights that go in trailers working, and fix both set of steps going up to dock. Whats going in there is still a secret.:tongue0002::puke::eck15

Word is UPS freight bought the whole complex and some you guys are going to Milton and Allentown by Jan.1The rest who knows.

But what do I know?
Are you sure about? The used car salesman told us on the dock it was a seamless transition and everything was working fine.

For the 120 - 671 9.5 run... I would suggest picking up your pace. This trip can be done 9.5 punch to punch. Maybe certain drivers need to spend less time whinning with others in drivers room etc.. Compare apples to apples, Drivers who make this trip, are they hooking up radio and unhooking it later? Get the 2 seater and I'll show you it can be done, this is stopping at D&D for coffee stopping at tom's brook, then sheetz. Plus bladder stops.

Let me put my two cents worth in here.
Again it is not so much the fact that you can do a thing, Why the hell would you want too? 528 miles is enough for most people and just because a couple of greedy BAS#$rds want to make more money so they can get more taxes paid out is NO REASON TO SCREW IT UP FOR EVEYONE ELSE!
What everyone seems to forget is this is a UNION SHOP! We have the SAME RULES FOR EVERYBODY! You want to run like a ****? Go get a Kenworth with a 425 cat in it a runs like the wind all day long for all I care. When I was at 120 I got sick & tired of hearing "So & So can do it, Why can't you?"
Sounds like we have more & more "Mesters" and less TEAMSTERS.
If you want Union pay & benny's plus Union protection then dammit follow all the frekin rules! Not just the ones you like!!
That being said I do understand that we now run 11 hours and the truck are suppose to run 62-63 MPH so yes there are runs that can be done a little faster. But speaking for myself when I run 120-671 I really have no instest to go to 681 for the sake of a couple of bucks. I have learned to manage my money so I don't have to run 600 miles a night. Try saving some money! You'll find out it beats the hell out of living from paycheck to paycheck! In any event stop setting standards that others drivers don't want or need to follow! In other words start being a UNION MAN again!!!
And as for 211-116-120 nobody is going to tell me that can be run legal at any time of day or night!

Let me put my two cents worth in here.
Again it is not so much the fact that you can do a thing, Why the hell would you want too? 528 miles is enough for most people and just because a couple of greedy BAS#$rds want to make more money so they can get more taxes paid out is NO REASON TO SCREW IT UP FOR EVEYONE ELSE!
What everyone seems to forget is this is a UNION SHOP! We have the SAME RULES FOR EVERYBODY! You want to run like a ****? Go get a Kenworth with a 425 cat in it a runs like the wind all day long for all I care. When I was at 120 I got sick & tired of hearing "So & So can do it, Why can't you?"
Sounds like we have more & more "Mesters" and less TEAMSTERS.
If you want Union pay & benny's plus Union protection then dammit follow all the frekin rules! Not just the ones you like!!
That being said I do understand that we now run 11 hours and the truck are suppose to run 62-63 MPH so yes there are runs that can be done a little faster. But speaking for myself when I run 120-671 I really have no instest to go to 681 for the sake of a couple of bucks. I have learned to manage my money so I don't have to run 600 miles a night. Try saving some money! You'll find out it beats the hell out of living from paycheck to paycheck! In any event stop setting standards that others drivers don't want or need to follow! In other words start being a UNION MAN again!!!
And as for 211-116-120 nobody is going to tell me that can be run legal at any time of day or night!

Thats all fine and well but the problem I see is drivers hold these standards for 120. Take a look at the runs 135 and 671 are doing much more miles and no one is calling them mesters, I think it a real shame that trying to work hard is looked at as being a crime at 120. Using the magic pencil I don't agree with but being looked at like an a$$hole for working hard is really ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with working hard it is doing it[ LEGAL,LEGAL]if the speed limit is 55 run 55-if it is 40 run 40 if it is 65 run 61 what most trucks run.The FMCSA says if the speed limit is 55 your average speed should be 53,If you do more you are speeding.So if you average more then 54 mph from 120-671 you are speeding someplace doing your trip,therefor it is breaking the law!!!! 9.5 hrs 120-671 is a average speed of 57mph,I can't do that with empty's.Two nights ago it took me 8.1 hrs from 135 to 671 with 38,000.I run that 120-671 hundreds of times you run it less then 10 you are speeding!!!

Thats all fine and well but the problem I see is drivers hold these standards for 120. Take a look at the runs 135 and 671 are doing much more miles and no one is calling them mesters, I think it a real shame that trying to work hard is looked at as being a crime at 120. Using the magic pencil I don't agree with but being looked at like an a$$hole for working hard is really ridiculous.

So what would be the dividing line? For me it's the work rules/running times.
Remember we are all suppose to abide by them and if changes are needed then the Union & the Company get together and retack the runs or change the work rules/past presedents. (Sorry bad spelling)
Where I have the problem is Members doing things on their own without reguard to the Union or other Members because thay want to make more Money. You want to change things? Go the the monthly meeting and go on the record! Pass out a petition! Call the Stewards! Or call the B.A. if you don't trust the Stewards but for the Love of God do not go and change anything on your own! Individuals do not have the right to change anything that would effect other members.
Again remember we are a UNION! People need to start acting like it!
I have no problem with working hard. GOD Bless those who do! But if you want to change things do it the right way! Hope that makes sence!

And Skillit the 135 runs you talk about are done on 65 mph highways (PA Pike/Ohio Pike/ Indiana toll road/Ill toll road) with 65 Mph trucks.
As for 671? I have no ideal if 671-457 is legal or not but what I do know is somebody droped a dime to the DOT and the 671-411 turn went down the crapper! As Wildthing says "LEGAL-LEGAL-LEGAL! And change it through the UNION!