Yellow | Inbound dock at 120

There is nothing wrong with working hard it is doing it[ LEGAL,LEGAL]if the speed limit is 55 run 55-if it is 40 run 40 if it is 65 run 61 what most trucks run.The FMCSA says if the speed limit is 55 your average speed should be 53,If you do more you are speeding.So if you average more then 54 mph from 120-671 you are speeding someplace doing your trip,therefor it is breaking the law!!!! 9.5 hrs 120-671 is a average speed of 57mph,I can't do that with empty's.Two nights ago it took me 8.1 hrs from 135 to 671 with 38,000.I run that 120-671 hundreds of times you run it less then 10 you are speeding!!!

More likely you are falsefying logs and skipping your meal stop. That time is incorporated into the run time for people who want to live long healthy lives and would prefer not to risk a crash and burn experience that would effect all involved! If you have run Winston regular in 9.5 punch to punch you are simply a self rightious skumbag and there is no defense for your actions. You have clearly not done a proper PTI and you have not stopped anywhere for more than a coffee to go. You are a threat to every motorist on the highway and sooner or later you will be a statistic!
Use your head! I dont want to be disrespected out there for the foolish actions of others either so come on guys.....whats a few minutes.....It may very well save your life some day!

For the 120 - 671 9.5 run... I would suggest picking up your pace. This trip can be done 9.5 punch to punch. Maybe certain drivers need to spend less time whinning with others in drivers room etc.. Compare apples to apples, Drivers who make this trip, are they hooking up radio and unhooking it later? Get the 2 seater and I'll show you it can be done, this is stopping at D&D for coffee stopping at tom's brook, then sheetz. Plus bladder stops.

You are a frickin' idiot. I guess you like pissing on your shoes between the trailers on the get on ramps and terminal yards. How can you not stop in 9.5 hours ? Maybe you use a soda bottle .. This job would be better off without you breaking down our work rules and conditions. As for what you call whining, I can only say drivers spending a couple of minutes of open communication before their dispatch is a great thing and there is not enough of it. It is music to my ears. Not everyone wants to or can check these boards for info. Maybe you should change your name to Ungrateful1 since there is no appreciation for the years and years that went into making this a good respectable job by real Teamsters. I doubt you'll ever be one. The sooner you and company men like you quit the better this job will get.

Getting back to the Inbound dock, they (our TM) asked the guy on light duty if he wanted to paint the break room?

Inbound Dock

Cripes 35 years of listening to Road Drivers *****ing at each other for who is running Hot.
This is nothing new.

The inbound dock is being fixed for Yellow from Scranton and Allentown to "co-habitate" with us.
Allentown Rdwy will probably come in the near future.
Then we will merge the senority and see what shakes out.

You are a frickin' idiot. I guess you like pissing on your shoes between the trailers on the get on ramps and terminal yards. How can you not stop in 9.5 hours ? Maybe you use a soda bottle .. This job would be better off without you breaking down our work rules and conditions. As for what you call whining, I can only say drivers spending a couple of minutes of open communication before their dispatch is a great thing and there is not enough of it. It is music to my ears. Not everyone wants to or can check these boards for info. Maybe you should change your name to Ungrateful1 since there is no appreciation for the years and years that went into making this a good respectable job by real Teamsters. I doubt you'll ever be one. The sooner you and company men like you quit the better this job will get.

Ok Mr. LuckeyDog, if you want to call me out, you got me. First thing you might want to know is! Your pc gives out a IP Address that is used to determine many things. So one must becareful on what to post.
It's very interesting you consider yourself a real teamster. Paging thru the book to bring up charges on your fellow brothers.Calling your buddys to see where other drivers are going, being 2 face behind members backs. Maybe the music to your ears is the tear drops hitting the floor. It's also funny that a Road steward did the trip in 9.5 but you already know that one. The sooner guys like you would work a little harder the better the future would be for everyone. As for the username disrepect, maybe you should go by LuckeyRat.:tongue0002::tongue0002::tongue0002::tongue0002::tongue0002:

Let me put my two cents worth in here.
Again it is not so much the fact that you can do a thing, Why the hell would you want too? 528 miles is enough for most people and just because a couple of greedy BAS#$rds want to make more money so they can get more taxes paid out is NO REASON TO SCREW IT UP FOR EVEYONE ELSE!
What everyone seems to forget is this is a UNION SHOP! We have the SAME RULES FOR EVERYBODY! You want to run like a ****? Go get a Kenworth with a 425 cat in it a runs like the wind all day long for all I care. When I was at 120 I got sick & tired of hearing "So & So can do it, Why can't you?"
Sounds like we have more & more "Mesters" and less TEAMSTERS.
If you want Union pay & benny's plus Union protection then dammit follow all the frekin rules! Not just the ones you like!!
That being said I do understand that we now run 11 hours and the truck are suppose to run 62-63 MPH so yes there are runs that can be done a little faster. But speaking for myself when I run 120-671 I really have no instest to go to 681 for the sake of a couple of bucks. I have learned to manage my money so I don't have to run 600 miles a night. Try saving some money! You'll find out it beats the hell out of living from paycheck to paycheck! In any event stop setting standards that others drivers don't want or need to follow! In other words start being a UNION MAN again!!!
And as for 211-116-120 nobody is going to tell me that can be run legal at any time of day or night!

I made a statement that the trip can be done in 9.5 if one decides to punch the clock and heads out. The problem is most drivers think if they make it a 12 hour day then everyone has to. If a driver has no life and wants to spend time at the pickle parks then by all means go for it. If a driver wants to get home to his family and does it in less time, what the Bleep Bleep the problem.

I made a statement that the trip can be done in 9.5 if one decides to punch the clock and heads out. The problem is most drivers think if they make it a 12 hour day then everyone has to. If a driver has no life and wants to spend time at the pickle parks then by all means go for it. If a driver wants to get home to his family and does it in less time, what the Bleep Bleep the problem.

The Bleep Bleep problem is you have on your paycard a driving time and with 120-671 it says 10.0 hours. (The last time I checked) not 9.5 hours.
Last time I checked 120 was still a Union Job with work rules and standards set by both the company & the Union. Nobody thinks for one minute that you have to do the exact time on the card but to cut the time everytine you run the trip is breaking down working conditions. Who died and promoted you to god that you can change standards for everyone else?
This has nothing to do with Family time. It has everything to do with some greedy Bast#$d screwing the job up for everyone else!
As I said in my last post, You want to change something? Go to the hall, Pass a petition, Present your case at the Monthly meeting but don't think for one minute that other Members will just sit by and do nothing while so called "Rocket asses" screw the job up for everyone!
There is a right way to do things and a wrong way. If that is a problem then I hear Old Dominion or Conway is looking for a few good rocket asses!

Oh and don't think for one minute I'll put up with the "IP" B.S. you are trying on luckydog. You want me? you know where I am!

The Bleep Bleep problem is you have on your paycard a driving time and with 120-671 it says 10.0 hours. (The last time I checked) not 9.5 hours.
Last time I checked 120 was still a Union Job with work rules and standards set by both the company & the Union. Nobody thinks for one minute that you have to do the exact time on the card but to cut the time everytine you run the trip is breaking down working conditions. Who died and promoted you to god that you can change standards for everyone else?
This has nothing to do with Family time. It has everything to do with some greedy Bast#$d screwing the job up for everyone else!
As I said in my last post, You want to change something? Go to the hall, Pass a petition, Present your case at the Monthly meeting but don't think for one minute that other Members will just sit by and do nothing while so called "Rocket asses" screw the job up for everyone!
There is a right way to do things and a wrong way. If that is a problem then I hear Old Dominion or Conway is looking for a few good rocket asses!

I could be here all day back and forth with you. First off to my knowledge nobody die and left anyone here a boss. If you can LOOK BACK! original poster SAID it couldn't be DONE! I stated YES it could be, AT NO TIME did I say I AGREE with Running Hot. Simply STATED FACTS, This was ALSO done by Shop STEWARD! So if you have a BEEF tough CRAP! My family comes FIRST so If I can make it home instead of sitting in PICKLE PARK then so be it! Go ahead reply if you want but not going waste anymore family time with you. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

I could be here all day back and forth with you. First off to my knowledge nobody die and left anyone here a boss. If you can LOOK BACK! original poster SAID it couldn't be DONE! I stated YES it could be, AT NO TIME did I say I AGREE with Running Hot. Simply STATED FACTS, This was ALSO done by Shop STEWARD! So if you have a BEEF tough CRAP! My family comes FIRST so If I can make it home instead of sitting in PICKLE PARK then so be it! Go ahead reply if you want but not going waste anymore family time with you. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

So your right and the world is wrong eh?
Am I guessing correctry that you are one of the Drivers who had the Bladder transplant so you have no need to stop?
You have been around this job longer that I most likely and I can remember a time when all the Sr driver told everyone to DO THE RUNNING TIME & IF YOU DON"T STOP YOU ARE A PUKE! SO what changed at 120 over the last 10 or so years?
I have a Family too and guess what? I STILL DO THE RUNNING TIME OR VERY CLOSE TO IT! Even on Friday night/ Saturday morning. But I am guessing 1/2 hour would make or break everything for your Family time right?
SOrry and no disrespect to your Family but that is one of the LAmest excueses I have ever heard!
So please! Don't responed to that!

Some more to consider

There are other points to consider that I don't think have been mentioned here.
I know there have been times that at my EOL terminal if the road guys get back late a union brother may not work that day.In other words a shape guy may have to walk.So, depending on the timing, a driver that is conscious of service times, may in fact, be helping a union brother.

Secondly,
We are not here for the sole purpose of following work rules.
We are here to services our customers.If we don't the completion will.

Thirdly,
I know some drivers may have financial needs that we may not be aware of.For example, a sick spouse or child at home.We should be careful in grouping everyone that doesn't drive the way we think they should into this category or that one.

Lastly,
I have been driving commercially for 12 years.(A newbie some would say as compared to others on this site.)
I have never had the audacity to tell another driver how to drive their truck.With one exception...Be safe:1036316054:

Sorry Stroud120

Getting back to the Inbound dock, they (our TM) asked the guy on light duty if he wanted to paint the break room?

For getting so far off topic. I believe that something is going to happen soon. If the Yellow Allentown and Scranton terminals co-habitate with us you know eventually there will be a dovetail of seniority lists. Any idea how many teamsters are at those two terminals ?

Last I gonna say on this...

First thing you might want to know is! Your pc gives out a IP Address that is used to determine many things. So one must becareful on what to post.
It's very interesting you consider yourself a real teamster. Paging thru the book to bring up charges on your fellow brothers.Calling your buddys to see where other drivers are going, being 2 face behind members backs.:

I don't know what kind of veiled threat that IP sh!t is but I can see you are a fountain of misinformation. From the signin/out book I have gotten 4 laid off drivers paid due to central dispatch's abuse of EOL terminal drivers and forcing city work onto road drivers. I have brought no drivers up on charges though I have counseled face to face a few that are not protecting the guy waiting for a work call. The rest is total nonsense to which I refuse to respond. I must have hit a nerve in there somewhere. Send me a private message to let me know who you are so I can apologize for hurting your feelings in person. :nutkick:

There are other points to consider that I don't think have been mentioned here.
I know there have been times that at my EOL terminal if the road guys get back late a union brother may not work that day.In other words a shape guy may have to walk.So, depending on the timing, a driver that is conscious of service times, may in fact, be helping a union brother.

Secondly,
We are not here for the sole purpose of following work rules.
We are here to services our customers.If we don't the completion will.

Thirdly,
I know some drivers may have financial needs that we may not be aware of.For example, a sick spouse or child at home.We should be careful in grouping everyone that doesn't drive the way we think they should into this category or that one.

Lastly,
I have been driving commercially for 12 years.(A newbie some would say as compared to others on this site.)
I have never had the audacity to tell another driver how to drive their truck.With one exception...Be safe:1036316054:

Bubba,
Let me take your points one at a time. I do understand your points (Good ones by the way!)
IF you are followoing the running time on your pay card then their is no way you are late. When you get dispatched your home terminal gets a printout on their computer showing your E.T.A. that is based on both your dispatch & driving times. So if your are by example dispatched at midnight for a 9 hour run to 211 it will show on E.T.A. or about 9.5 or 10 in the morning. If your home terminal sees that you will arrive late the Guy on the shape will not work because 211 or 671 got you out too late! (Side note, That is something the Co. needs to work on. If a U.E. must leave to arrive back at his home terminal by 8 in the morning then they should also have a cut off on the Hub drivers.) Remember I am in no way saying that a Driver HAS to show all the break time he is intitled too. And yes, I do aggree if you are close on the time then get it their to keep a guy on the shape working. But don't go overboard.
While I aggree you must serve the customers you have to do it LEGALLY and SAFELY. Just because Driver #1 logs a 1/2 hour break on every trip dose not make him wrong. But if driver #2 is loging 8 hours on a 9 hour run with no break then there is a problem.
I too have no desire to tell other how to do their job. THE WORK RULE HOWEVER DO! Bubba you have never been at 120 when I came in from a trip and the dispatcher wanted me to do something that would have put me over the 10/11 hour driving time because 20 minutes or so earlier someone else did the same thing.
When these people run hot and break the rules then are they not, By their actions telling me how to do my job? As for Financial need their is a way to do that also. I am working a turn on my short week out of 135. (Christmas is comming!!!) I am not breaking down any conditions, I can only work when 135's board is exausted, And I still do the running times. No harm-No foul.
Hope you understand my points. See you Friday.

Rules

Can somebody tell me what rules are being broken??? Federal, STATE,LOCAL ,UNION,or just the rules that someone has made up. Road Drivers get paid by the mile not the hour. You dont get paid for breaks like they do in the city. If you come to work rested just have had eaten at home who is it to say you have to stop to eat ,take a nap or stop and bullshit with everyone. You drive your truck the safest you can and get back to your family as soon as you can so you can enjoy them and life. THIS IS JUST A JOB!!!!! PS AS YOU SAID PAY REC IS JUST ETA before or after it just does not matter as long as you make it home safe

LET ALL THE HATE RESPONCE'S BEGIN

Work Rules

Bubba,
Let me take your points one at a time. I do understand your points (Good ones by the way!)
IF you are followoing the running time on your pay card then their is no way you are late. When you get dispatched your home terminal gets a printout on their computer showing your E.T.A. that is based on both your dispatch & driving times. So if your are by example dispatched at midnight for a 9 hour run to 211 it will show on E.T.A. or about 9.5 or 10 in the morning. If your home terminal sees that you will arrive late the Guy on the shape will not work because 211 or 671 got you out too late! (Side note, That is something the Co. needs to work on. If a U.E. must leave to arrive back at his home terminal by 8 in the morning then they should also have a cut off on the Hub drivers.) Remember I am in no way saying that a Driver HAS to show all the break time he is intitled too. And yes, I do aggree if you are close on the time then get it their to keep a guy on the shape working. But don't go overboard.
While I aggree you must serve the customers you have to do it LEGALLY and SAFELY. Just because Driver #1 logs a 1/2 hour break on every trip dose not make him wrong. But if driver #2 is loging 8 hours on a 9 hour run with no break then there is a problem.
I too have no desire to tell other how to do their job. THE WORK RULE HOWEVER DO! Bubba you have never been at 120 when I came in from a trip and the dispatcher wanted me to do something that would have put me over the 10/11 hour driving time because 20 minutes or so earlier someone else did the same thing.
When these people run hot and break the rules then are they not, By their actions telling me how to do my job? As for Financial need their is a way to do that also. I am working a turn on my short week out of 135. (Christmas is comming!!!) I am not breaking down any conditions, I can only work when 135's board is exausted, And I still do the running times. No harm-No foul.
Hope you understand my points. See you Friday.

Maybe you could clarify for me what work rules state that a road driver MUST use all of the time allotted for the run that is on the pay card?
I don't see that in our house rules, local supplement or NMFA.
What work rules are you applying here exactly?
Thanks.

Maybe you could clarify for me what work rules state that a road driver MUST use all of the time allotted for the run that is on the pay card?
I don't see that in our house rules, local supplement or NMFA.
What work rules are you applying here exactly?
Thanks.

First I would say to read Wildthings post of 9-22-08 as far as Federal is concerned.
As for the Union? There is no direct rule to it. The reason being is that Roadway is the only Union carrier under the NMFA to print running times on the paycards. They are arrived at when both the Company and the Union tack a run.
Local 229 posted a notice a few years back saying that the running times are there for your protection and that you should abide by them.
Bubba you must have Rules if for no other reason to protect yourself. I mean you & I could do something local when we get to 211 in the morning. (Who wants to run somewere in the morning rush?)
This is where the "Standard" of a running time comes in. If I were to come out from 120 to 211 and give them 4.5 hours they would send me anywhere. If I give them 4 hours (7 hour running time from 120) then its legal & safe because I can show on my log that I took a break and did not speed.
None of this comes into play until something happens to the Driver. An accident, DOT check at the scale house, Get caught speeding that the cop calls the Dot to come out and check you. Then see how much the Company backs you up!
I have had and know others to whom it has happened were I was questioned by a State Trooper or DOT inspector why I loged "X" amount of time to go "X" amonut of miles. I even know of guys who have been burned because they were involved in an accident and never showed a break on their log and averaged well over 60 mph over a 6 month period. Try explaining that to the Company!
That is why I tell everyone to stay as close to the time on your paycard a possible. Nobodys perfect (That includes Me!) and always log a break.
As I said I'm not opposed to checking times and changing them if needed. But do it through the Union. Don't reset standards for everyone else because you want to get home faster. And please don't read into this that I want drivers to go slow. I just want everything,

1. Legal
2. Safe
3. Done through the Union

See me later!!

Clarification

First I would say to read Wildthings post of 9-22-08 as far as Federal is concerned.
As for the Union? There is no direct rule to it. The reason being is that Roadway is the only Union carrier under the NMFA to print running times on the paycards. They are arrived at when both the Company and the Union tack a run.
Local 229 posted a notice a few years back saying that the running times are there for your protection and that you should abide by them.
Bubba you must have Rules if for no other reason to protect yourself. I mean you & I could do something local when we get to 211 in the morning. (Who wants to run somewere in the morning rush?)
This is where the "Standard" of a running time comes in. If I were to come out from 120 to 211 and give them 4.5 hours they would send me anywhere. If I give them 4 hours (7 hour running time from 120) then its legal & safe because I can show on my log that I took a break and did not speed.
None of this comes into play until something happens to the Driver. An accident, DOT check at the scale house, Get caught speeding that the cop calls the Dot to come out and check you. Then see how much the Company backs you up!
I have had and know others to whom it has happened were I was questioned by a State Trooper or DOT inspector why I loged "X" amount of time to go "X" amonut of miles. I even know of guys who have been burned because they were involved in an accident and never showed a break on their log and averaged well over 60 mph over a 6 month period. Try explaining that to the Company!
That is why I tell everyone to stay as close to the time on your paycard a possible. Nobodys perfect (That includes Me!) and always log a break.
As I said I'm not opposed to checking times and changing them if needed. But do it through the Union. Don't reset standards for everyone else because you want to get home faster. And please don't read into this that I want drivers to go slow. I just want everything,

1. Legal
2. Safe
3. Done through the Union

See me later!!

Thanks for clarifying, Lehigh Valley:1036316054: