Yellow | Inbound dock at 120

Thanks for clarifying, Lehigh Valley:1036316054:

There also is an issue here that you guys have missed.
The running times also are there to protect seniority rights.
Example.......When you are dispatched together or relativly close and you go to the same place if the jr. man rushes there and violates the running time without stopping then takes a dispatch that should have been offered or choiced to seniority. By running like a fool he is forcing lower standards on people who follow the rules and honor the code of the union. I could go on and on here but the point is that it is wrong to rush through every day screwing over any fellow teamster who honors the working conditions and understands what can happen when you are forced to rush and skip breaks. Its just not safe and sooner or later it will bite you in the a$$.

I don't know what kind of veiled threat that IP sh!t is but I can see you are a fountain of misinformation. From the signin/out book I have gotten 4 laid off drivers paid due to central dispatch's abuse of EOL terminal drivers and forcing city work onto road drivers. I have brought no drivers up on charges though I have counseled face to face a few that are not protecting the guy waiting for a work call. The rest is total nonsense to which I refuse to respond. I must have hit a nerve in there somewhere. Send me a private message to let me know who you are so I can apologize for hurting your feelings in person. :nutkick:

IP isn't a threat, Some peeps like to talk smack here and think nobody can figure out who they are. As the information I speak of comes from Steward, so I quess I shouldn't put faith into my union reps. Go figure. It's funny thou, the heavy runners of the past complain about the ones who run today.

There also is an issue here that you guys have missed.
The running times also are there to protect seniority rights.
Example.......When you are dispatched together or relativly close and you go to the same place if the jr. man rushes there and violates the running time without stopping then takes a dispatch that should have been offered or choiced to seniority. By running like a fool he is forcing lower standards on people who follow the rules and honor the code of the union. I could go on and on here but the point is that it is wrong to rush through every day screwing over any fellow teamster who honors the working conditions and understands what can happen when you are forced to rush and skip breaks. Its just not safe and sooner or later it will bite you in the a$$.

100% correct however that issue can be corrected by position running.
My examples are about the so called "Lone Wolf" who runs by himself.
But you do make a hell of a point!

There is nothing wrong with working hard it is doing it[ LEGAL,LEGAL]if the speed limit is 55 run 55-if it is 40 run 40 if it is 65 run 61 what most trucks run.The FMCSA says if the speed limit is 55 your average speed should be 53,If you do more you are speeding.So if you average more then 54 mph from 120-671 you are speeding someplace doing your trip,therefor it is breaking the law!!!! 9.5 hrs 120-671 is a average speed of 57mph,I can't do that with empty's.Two nights ago it took me 8.1 hrs from 135 to 671 with 38,000.I run that 120-671 hundreds of times you run it less then 10 you are speeding!!!

Alright this is actually kind of funny for a road driver to show all of this 55,40, 65. I am now a UE and I have not incentive to not go exact speed limit. Take a guess how many road drivers are running the speed limit with me on the 30 miles of 55mph on 78. I bet you already know 0. When I ran Winston as a road driver I always got blown away on 220. It is hypocritical to say you don't go as fast as the truck will let you in a 55mph zone. And LEHIGH the are alot of runs out of 135, 671 that aren't using 65 mph trucks so please don't make excuses for these 600+ mile runs. Whats good for some is good for all? No, I can't count how many times I've heard "that can't be done" its a wonder why 120 has no freight. Maybe you can start a You can't do That petition and send it to the company so they stop all these impossible runs.

Alright this is actually kind of funny for a road driver to show all of this 55,40, 65. I am now a UE and I have not incentive to not go exact speed limit. Take a guess how many road drivers are running the speed limit with me on the 30 miles of 55mph on 78. I bet you already know 0. When I ran Winston as a road driver I always got blown away on 220. It is hypocritical to say you don't go as fast as the truck will let you in a 55mph zone. And LEHIGH the are alot of runs out of 135, 671 that aren't using 65 mph trucks so please don't make excuses for these 600+ mile runs. Whats good for some is good for all? No, I can't count how many times I've heard "that can't be done" its a wonder why 120 has no freight. Maybe you can start a You can't do That petition and send it to the company so they stop all these impossible runs.

Skillit,
It is one thing to run 62 MPH in a 55 MPH zone. Yes we all do it. It is another thing to set up a run legally. Remember first and formost the runs have to be set up legally! If you speed then you run the risk of a ticket and a Letter from the Company I got blowned away on 220 also, But I still did the speed limit. That road scares me!
Again it's not what you can do, It's what can be done Leagally!!!
As for 120 not having Freight?
That has nothing to do with, As you say, "It can't be done" The company wanted to bypass 120 & 135 and they did it. The only difference between 120 & 135 is that 135 got all the Breakbulk freight from Hagerstown. So 120 &135 get downsized and 153 is now an end of line terminal. Sorry but that has nothing to do with "It can't be done". It has everything to do with speeding up the system by removing the first Breakbulk and improving service by 2 or more days.
As for the 600 mile runs out of 135/671. I don't know of any others that 411/457 & 135/ Knoxville (Do they still run Chatty?) And If the Powers that be say nothing then It's a matter for the D.O.T. to look into. But I will tell you this. There is a hell of a lot of difference between running in the South and running the Northeast
Now the tricky question. Why in the Hell would anyone want to run a 600+ mile trip in this company's slow junk? Why would you want to push it? Granted the Trucks pulls better than in years past, (I remember climbing P.J. in 3ed gear) but how anyone can sit in this equiptment for 11 hours and fudge a break just to make a run is beond me! If I have to log a break I can't take to make a 600+ mike run then I don't need the damn run! And I also don't need some dispatcher in the window telling me that "Other drivers did it". Taht too is a load of B.S.!
Skillit I know we have drivers who do this just for the sake of a few dollars. Hell when I came out on the road I was one of them. But soon enough I wised up! There is NO REASON to kill yourself. If you have to speed & not take breaks that you have loged because 528 miles to Winston or 541 miles to Bangor in not enought then that driver has a major problem! So my position is simple, Follow the running times as close as you can, Take a break, (Even if it is only 15 minutes, Nobody said you have to log 2 hours a night) And for the Love of GOD don't do anything that changes the work rules! Let the Union take care of that.
As for a petition to the Company? Hell I will just put it to bed on them, Wait for a letter, And then sit back and watch the Fireworks!

Lehighvalley you should ask the boys how they run Winston to Merdian everyday of the week. 628 miles, how is this possible.:eck15::puke: As for 120 we actually have freight, thanks to the COUNTRY CLUB MEMBERS OF 123.

Hey Stroud120

Lehighvalley you should ask the boys how they run Winston to Merdian everyday of the week. 628 miles, how is this possible.:eck15::puke: As for 120 we actually have freight, thanks to the COUNTRY CLUB MEMBERS OF 123.

I circled the little dock again today and saw a little activity up there...a couple of Turf Masters guys were up there staring at the pond ! :gathering:

But it does appear to have been cleaned up somewhat.

I have no ideal how they are doing it. I hear they have to go through or around Atlanta to get there. What can I say? Glad I'm not there! I guess alot of people would be pi$$ed off at me!

With today's meesters it's all about the money.If they can make $5 more they will kill themselves to make it ,it's no longer right or wrong it's how much can I make.Screw my brother he's lazy.Me,Me,Me first.