Yellow | Intercourse This Place!

Also have you noticed that if someone doesn't get EXACTLY what they want then all the other people around them must be ME-STERS !! I am never surprised by all the NEW HIRES that think they should be able to BUMP all the senior people out of work UNTIL that same person get some seniority than its a whole different story ! I noticed this from some friends that came from CF they scream for an SENIORITY BOARD at CF But when CF went out of business they came to Big R and the same drivers wanted a WHEEL BOARD !

I don't know what the solution is, but it would be nice to be laid off if you aren't working. Then you can pursue something different or receive unemployment.

I don't know what the solution is, but it would be nice to be laid off if you aren't working. Then you can pursue something different or receive unemployment.

This might be a good time to share this information. The percenters at the breakbulk (881) all got their hours this week. Because of the disaster with the computers some of the city freight was delayed being shuttled over to the P&D barn. The percenters over there were missing some hours. Our BA negotiated with the company and some inbound breakers were shuttled over to the P&D to be worked so the percenters could get their hours in. It isn't perfect but we were able to make sure people can put food on the table. A little give and take while still holding the line.

yep!

Also have you noticed that if someone doesn't get EXACTLY what they want then all the other people around them must be ME-STERS !! I am never surprised by all the NEW HIRES that think they should be able to BUMP all the senior people out of work UNTIL that same person get some seniority than its a whole different story ! I noticed this from some friends that came from CF they scream for an SENIORITY BOARD at CF But when CF went out of business they came to Big R and the same drivers wanted a WHEEL BOARD !

10-4 on that! I know exactly what you mean R-14Driver. You may be a 25 year Teamster but you are a new hire over here now. There is some confusion with union time and company time I guess? It seems that they forgot what seniority means now that they have to start all over again. I have no sympathy for them when they want to cut a senior employees throat.

OK, here is a quick and simple example for those that haven't been taught the most basic lessons. Union time: This is what your pension is based on. Company time: This determines how you exercise your seniority at your company. Both are important yet vastly different in the scheme of things before and after the merger.

I have been through 6 change of operations to date. I have lost my seniority all 6 times. It took 24 years to regain my original (company) seniority number from when I was hired on. I just lost it again and moved back after the merger. That's the way it goes. Seniority is everything and is earned not given.

Now for those that are confused about the definition of a ME-ster here it is. A ME-ster is not someone who wishes to exercise their seniority. A ME-ster is someone who is offended that they don't have any seniority and want to change the timeless rules governing such to benefit themselves.

This is considered a merger if you followed work or were a successful bidder in the pool you should keep all time for seniority and everything else. All of the 671 Winston guys who came to 653 Charlotte will keep what ever senioity date they have for bidding and Vacation and an other applicable thing. We did have about 4 sets of duplicate seniority dates and either have or will end up flipping a coin for who is first on the list.

You were only willing to sacrifice a little of your time for six weeks yet you are asking those that have earned the right by seniority to sacrifice O/T pay for six months? Maybe you should try and keep track for six months rather than six weeks.

Well, then say what you mean. Me-ster is a derogatory term in your dictionary right? If they are Greedy Me-sters then call them that. Your posts equate girls/women with Me-sters. That sir is an insult to all girls/women by your own definition.

Now here comes the big question. How long you have been with YRC and who you were employed by before YRC?

26 years. They are girls(there really are differences between girls and men, I can send you pictures if you want), they(senior girls-mester) can't lift twenty pounds without crying. I'm just not an up to the minute enlightened guy like you. I'm old school. If at all possible(that doesn't include just to keep up with Be-ill & co) a woman should stay home and take care of the kids(and that "is" a real job). Or do you deny a kid's mother will take care of them better then daycare? And I know what the o/t hours need to be to trip the contract after 6 weeks of paper and pencil. And I'll call your sacrifice and raise you selfishness, thats what I call over 50 hours a week in these times. I prefer to try and look after the lower guys, you obviously don't care. In the army we called "lifers" someone who lived for their job. A career man was someone who was there to do a job. I'm a career man. You? PS: Read my posts. Theres a difference between senior girls/mesters:butt kiss: and senior men. Oh, whoever said this was a worthless thread, why did you read it let alone respond?

26 years. They are girls(there really are differences between girls and men, I can send you pictures if you want), they(senior girls-mester) can't lift twenty pounds without crying. I'm just not an up to the minute enlightened guy like you. I'm old school. If at all possible(that doesn't include just to keep up with Be-ill & co) a woman should stay home and take care of the kids(and that "is" a real job). Or do you deny a kid's mother will take care of them better then daycare? And I know what the o/t hours need to be to trip the contract after 6 weeks of paper and pencil. And I'll call your sacrifice and raise you selfishness, thats what I call over 50 hours a week in these times. I prefer to try and look after the lower guys, you obviously don't care. In the army we called "lifers" someone who lived for their job. A career man was someone who was there to do a job. I'm a career man. You? PS: Read my posts. Theres a difference between senior girls/mesters:butt kiss: and senior men. Oh, whoever said this was a worthless thread, why did you read it let alone respond?

This guy should be a politician. Typed a book's worth of responses and didn't say a thing or answer a single question. WOW!!!:biglaugh::boohoo::rofl2:

26 years. They are girls(there really are differences between girls and men, a woman should stay home and take care of the kids(and that "is" a real job).

SOOOOOOOOOoooo....what, pray tell, do we married and childless woman do in your little world? Should I sit at home and wait for Obama to 'spread the wealth' to me? I never had kids because I've been driving truck all my life and felt it would be no way to raise a child. Maybe no truck drivers should have kids, huh? I'm just saying.............

SOOOOOOOOOoooo....what, pray tell, do we married and childless woman do in your little world? Should I sit at home and wait for Obama to 'spread the wealth' to me? I never had kids because I've been driving truck all my life and felt it would be no way to raise a child. Maybe no truck drivers should have kids, huh? I'm just saying.............
:biglaugh: We now understand Anneio's new avatar. Poor Turbo, may he rest in peace. :stirthepot:

foot and mouth disease

And I'll call your sacrifice and raise you selfishness, thats what I call over 50 hours a week in these times. I prefer to try and look after the lower guys, you obviously don't care.

This might be a good time to share this information. The percenters at the breakbulk (881) all got their hours this week. Because of the disaster with the computers some of the city freight was delayed being shuttled over to the P&D barn. The percenters over there were missing some hours. Our BA negotiated with the company and some inbound breakers were shuttled over to the P&D to be worked so the percenters could get their hours in. It isn't perfect but we were able to make sure people can put food on the table. A little give and take while still holding the line.

Long before this company changed names from "freight" to "transportation" to "YRC" some of us were fighting to protect the language in the contract. We also filed to have language changed for the benefit of our percenters. This language was changed at the local level so our percenters could have somewhat of a normal life without babysitting the telephone.

In the army we called "lifers" someone who lived for their job. A career man was someone who was there to do a job. I'm a career man. You?

I work for a company to live so I guess I am a career man like yourself. 222 is my local. Did that shed some light on the subject for you?

We were well ahead of the company with our communication between the two barns. The Roadway and Yellow Stewards together with our BA were putting together our work rules long before the merger. Our past practices were reduced to writing before the merger. Now we are YRC and have a good working relationship.

Must have been a full moon last night, the me-sters are howling. I love it when a plan comes together. Politician, now you've got me thinking. Maybe even AG like Bobby Kennedy. Remember who his life's work was. Maybe mine could be this one we have now.

10-4 on that! I know exactly what you mean R-14Driver. You may be a 25 year Teamster but you are a new hire over here now. There is some confusion with union time and company time I guess? It seems that they forgot what seniority means now that they have to start all over again. I have no sympathy for them when they want to cut a senior employees throat.

OK, here is a quick and simple example for those that haven't been taught the most basic lessons. Union time: This is what your pension is based on. Company time: This determines how you exercise your seniority at your company. Both are important yet vastly different in the scheme of things before and after the merger.

I have been through 6 change of operations to date. I have lost my seniority all 6 times. It took 24 years to regain my original (company) seniority number from when I was hired on. I just lost it again and moved back after the merger. That's the way it goes. Seniority is everything and is earned not given.

Now for those that are confused about the definition of a ME-ster here it is. A ME-ster is not someone who wishes to exercise their seniority. A ME-ster is someone who is offended that they don't have any seniority and want to change the timeless rules governing such to benefit themselves.

damn, i couldn't have said it any better myself

Exactly. A Me-Ster is the one always saying... "What about me?" And then we have to explain to the adolescent Teamster how the work is handed it out. Unfortunately, as with any child, we must continue to tell and remind them how this is done. For some Me-Sters, this is a lifelong event and I give praise to those who continually try to tutor the children who are slow to learn, some will never comprehend, but don't give up on them. For those Me-Sters who are concerned for their fellow Me-Sters, I say bid the 10% list, or not, after all it's your choice.