Yellow | Interesting

Yes i do because they are not union. 700 million them and how much more now would they need to be successful? Trump administration should not have loaned it then and we sure dont need to loan more on top of it now. There is plenty of trucking companies to pick up any slack. The trucking world will continue without Yellow.
See how easy that was, all you had to do was post yes or no.

What ever happens happens and my little rant or opinion is just that mine. Ive seen a lot people lose in life from good intentions but bad decisions and as Ecclesiastes 1.9 says there is nothing new under the sun what has been will be again and what has been done will be done again. As we have always heard history repeats itself. I would like to see Yellow open again just not by govt loans and operated by people who actually know how to run a trucking company. Perhaps the people who ran Roadway or Holland before being bought out. I dont know im just a lowly hamster on the spinning wheel thinking im getting somewhere but always ending up in the same place.

I thought I read it as they were looking for a extension to get started up.,,.. deferred the pay back.
that was only on the Gov't money, they would still need to negotiate for the rest of the money owed to other parties. They would also need to try and negotiates with lessors of properties that Yellow didn't own -no guarantee on that either. Plus the fact Jack Cooper was in Bankruptcy in 2019, they had to see off part of their company to survive.

If they can get their big name primary accounts back like HD, Best Buy, etc. which shouldn't be a problem thanks to pricing and stability, the smaller accounts will eventually follow. They have only been out of the scene for 90 days due to "restructuring of debt" so it's not exactly starting from scratch. I would estimate 50-75% of the drivers and clericals would return ASAP which is more than enough needed to cover the initial comeback. Management & dispatcher positions can filled pretty quickly as needed and some brought over from Jack Cooper to fill temporary spots.
i can just see the dispatchers now.. is that over by the Chev. dealer? .. take the 2nd right after the 3rd car dealer on the left

I'd take Doris Ziffel over both of them
My choice every Halloween...
elvira-the-hundreds-1024x551-1.jpeg

Good luck to all the Yellow employees and good luck to the Jack Cooper company. If they go through with it I hope they do great and put everyone who was misplaced back to work.

Could you imagine being an extra board guy and having to go load cars and drag chains one night and the next night pull a set of doubles doing 3 switches at dark terminals and then the next night going to work at a velocity dock for Holland and trying to keep your paycheck straight?

Good luck to all involved. Either way I hope everyone who was affected lands on their feet. I was nervous we were going to be hearing about a bunch of soo a side cases. Glad we haven’t.