Yellow | Interesting

Good luck to all the Yellow employees and good luck to the Jack Cooper company. If they go through with it I hope they do great and put everyone who was misplaced back to work.

Could you imagine being an extra board guy and having to go load cars and drag chains one night and the next night pull a set of doubles doing 3 switches at dark terminals and then the next night going to work at a velocity dock for Holland and trying to keep your paycheck straight?

Good luck to all involved. Either way I hope everyone who was affected lands on their feet. I was nervous we were going to be hearing about a bunch of soo a side cases. Glad we haven’t.
Aint no job worth offing yourself over.

People devoted the lives and soul to the company, only to feel betrayed. Sad shame. May the Rest In Peace.
I agree with you completely, but with one caveat. We don't just feel betrayed, we have been betrayed by some of our brethren, the IBT leadership, but mostly the "glass house" bunch.

IF this ever were to happen (it definitely will not) there is no customer base to put freight into the network. I do believe that was a large part of Yellow's demise, customers were spooked by SOB's rhetoric.
So our government now thinks that the very same customers who walked away from Yellow because of the fear of a shutdown, will magically reappear. Only government thinks this way.
If I were a customer the only way I would even consider putting freight into a network that is suspect, is over price.
Which is how Yellow got into this mess to begin with. With poor service, they attempted to discount themselves into making a profit...