FedEx Freight | Interview tomorrow

Yeah he seemed like a good guy. He told me in the interview they were expecting, and that it might delay things. It wasn't a suprise. Hopefully all is well with the little one and the new Mom.

I'm actually starting a class a city driver for fedex in Idaho Falls/Blackfoot. What exactly will I be doing?? The interviewer just said I'd be driving a tractor trailer...what can I expect an average day to be like as fedex city driver?

I'm actually starting a class a city driver for fedex in Idaho Falls/Blackfoot. What exactly will I be doing?? The interviewer just said I'd be driving a tractor trailer...what can I expect an average day to be like as fedex city driver?

Hopefully they are more effecient hiring in Idaho than my local barn. It is a slow process for sure. I was offered a job with SCDOT today. I may just accept it if I don't hear something soon.

Hopefully they are more effecient hiring in Idaho than my local barn. It is a slow process for sure. I was offered a job with SCDOT today. I may just accept it if I don't hear something soon.

go for the state gig man. Retirement, more job security.Dont have to wonder what youll be doing from year to year or wondering if youll be working for day to day, especially in the winter time. YOu wont regret it.

I'd be ALL over that SCDOT job!!

go for the state gig man. Retirement, more job security.Dont have to wonder what youll be doing from year to year or wondering if youll be working for day to day, especially in the winter time. YOu wont regret it.

Thanks guys. I've been thinking the same thing. The only difference is the money. FXF pays more, but man you can go benefits poor with the state. Thirteen paid holidays off a year would be nice too. I went this a.m for the drug test for SCDOT. Thanks for the advice. If my wife gets the job she is interviewing for today the money won't be a problem anyway.

Thanks guys. I've been thinking the same thing. The only difference is the money. FXF pays more, but man you can go benefits poor with the state. Thirteen paid holidays off a year would be nice too. I went this a.m for the drug test for SCDOT. Thanks for the advice. If my wife gets the job she is interviewing for today the money won't be a problem anyway.
Friend of mine went from an 80+k a yr driving job to a state job and LOVES it!! He makes about half but, like you said the time off/ bennies is well worth it. Every other weekend he's off fri,sat,sun and it's pretty much recession proof, change of oops proof, etc etc. The thing with LTL is you really can't get comfortable in your job before 3-5yrs of seniority under you..even then your just 1 reorganization from unemployed.

the job security is more than worth the few bucks in pay. Less Stress. People got into trucking because they claim they didnt have someone looking over their shoulders.. Truckers have more bosses than anything. Local Cops/ State cops/DOT/Fedex up your ass for everything, EOBRS, Cameras..at least at con-way. trucking aint fun like it used to be man.. SCDOT all the way and dont even blink or think twice. The health and welfare benefits will cover the spread.

With the gig I'd be on with the state we work four tens. I'd get Fri, Sat, and Sun off every week. 7 am to 5 pm.

You have hundreds of LTL years of experience telling you to take the state job, these are good men telling you this, take the job with SCDOT and be happy, the money ain't worth your misery, trust me! I lost 1 marriage to nights in LTL and another to lack of work, (no money), take the state job...please!

You have hundreds of LTL years of experience telling you to take the state job, these are good men telling you this, take the job with SCDOT and be happy, the money ain't worth your misery, trust me! I lost 1 marriage to nights in LTL and another to lack of work, (no money), take the state job...please!

Yeah I see that. I told my wife that was a huge red flag. FedEx Freight finally called this morning and scheduled my drug screen, physical, and road test. However after seeing all of this I'm thinking I should just do what my gut, and all of you say, and take the state job.

Yeah I see that. I told my wife that was a huge red flag. FedEx Freight finally called this morning and scheduled my drug screen, physical, and road test. However after seeing all of this I'm thinking I should just do what my gut, and all of you say, and take the state job.

If your gut is telling you to take the state job then do it, I learned to trust that instinctive feeling, the times I haven't I have regreted it.

I worked for a town hwy department for 2 weeks when I was 17 (court ordered..lol) and really enjoyed it. I washed the trucks inside the heated garage while the others played poker all day. Then a couple days we went around and put up snow fence (this was up north) and reflective polls next to fire hydrants. They actually told me to come back when I graduated school but, I ended up driving for a grocery chain.
Those jobs are hard to come by nowadays, I wish I had taken them up on the offer, I'd be looking at retiring at an early age if I did