TForce | Intimidation

Show me one and I will stand in awe!!!!!....Damn I only had to break two arms and a jaw to get it done here....Was that wrong??????...Oh and by the way have I made it past wannabe yet??????

This is not Overnite! It is UPS Freight...
We are all wannabes now...:hysterical:

Accel,
You are correct. Our dues, which I'm personally very happy to pay each month, do not go to help pay our insurance. They go to support the everyday expenses related to the job of representing the members. A little of each months dues go to the International as well to do the same thing at the national level.
Stldude so you pay your dues and contribte to your health Ins.Is that what you are saying.As a teamster in the NMFA in N.E. the company did not withdraw any money from my paycheck for Health Ins.the only money taken out of my check was dues, So in a simple way of saying it,your health Ins. is included in your dues, a very good job of negotiting on the union part to get that benifit, an yes the union get's the money for your INs. from the company you work for,An our dues are 2 3/4 your hourly rate, that is a fact,

Stldude so you pay your dues and contribte to your health Ins.Is that what you are saying.As a teamster in the NMFA in N.E. the company did not withdraw any money from my paycheck for Health Ins.the only money taken out of my check was dues, So in a simple way of saying it,your health Ins. is included in your dues, a very good job of negotiting on the union part to get that benifit, an yes the union get's the money for your INs. from the company you work for,An our dues are 2 3/4 your hourly rate, that is a fact,
Crossroads,
Well, not exactly.......our dues (at least in the Central states under the NMFA) do not go towards paying our benefits. The Company we work for pays all of the contributions toward these by virtue of The only part of our dues that pay for any benefits are for the benefits of our elected Officers and office girls of the Local.

As far as how much your dues will be, you'd know more about that than I would not being from there. Whatever they are, it'll be worth it for the overall peace of mind feeling you'll have knowing that you've got things in writing now. That in itself will pave the way for some to be able to focus on other good things in life since they won't have to worry what kind of mood the boss is in today anymore.

As I see here, once again we have people that bring up a concern and they get childish ridicule responses. Union or non-union. That is up to the individual to decide. NO other person can choose for another. If someone IS INTIMIDATING anyone, (Pro-union or Manangement), the individual who feels intimidated can contact the NLRB and proceede from there. Being in the Teamster Union while employed by UNCLE BUSTER is the only way to go at this time. Those of us under contract WILL benefit from this association. I will say to those who are pro-union, yet still behave as if they are still on OVERNITE TIME, when you get your a$$ handed to you for something you USED to be able to get away with, I hope you have a steward that will sit down and EXPLAIN to you WHAT IS IN THE CONTRACT AND WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU. For those that have not signed cards I say to you: OVERNITE IS Dead and gone. You/we are now part of Uncle Buster and it is a new era. ALL will be UNION sooner or later. I chose to become TEAMSTER the day I was told Uncle Brown adopted us. I, like MANY others, don't care for the ugly past of the IBT. I don't care to remember the shots, broken glass, threats, etc. from the past, yet I do realize that now we can and do have the opportunity to become part of a Labor Organization that has a good history of working with UNCLE BUSTER. Consider this. There can't be a union with out "U". All of us, sooner or later, will have the opportunity to participate in our local unions. I do hope that as a member of my Local, I and others, can make changes that will BENEFIT us all. Untill then, I would hope that when an individual has a concern, he or she can come to this board or to a UNION UPSF employee and not have childish or moronic answers to those concerns. I wish you all well. Drive and work safe!

stldude,that's your right it pays the office grils ,your B.A.'s an a portion goes to the IBT who in return negotiate your contract.Because of them negotiating with the company, they where able to get the company to pay your Health Ins. an contribute to your pension under the MNFA.So what I'am trying to say,in a simple sort of way,is that when you pay your dues,you get the above under the MNFA.In a way, your dues pay for your health Ins, you don't pay dues and health Ins.correct,what we would like is to have the same health bennies you have in the MNFA, and i have, and gladly will, pay my dues

Crossroads,
Let's just say this.......all of our dues go in some way, shape or form towards all of the positive aspects of being a member. I wish all of you the best in negotiating your Supplements and work rules.

stldude,that's your right it pays the office grils ,your B.A.'s an a portion goes to the IBT who in return negotiate your contract.Because of them negotiating with the company, they where able to get the company to pay your Health Ins. an contribute to your pension under the MNFA.So what I'am trying to say,in a simple sort of way,is that when you pay your dues,you get the above under the MNFA.In a way, your dues pay for your health Ins, you don't pay dues and health Ins.correct,what we would like is to have the same health bennies you have in the MNFA, and i have, and gladly will, pay my dues

I surely do not understand what you are saying because 1 has nothing to do with the other ,and for one to think it does is just confusing themselves, and possibly others.

Simply saying ,diesel fuel and oil derive from the same mother, but both have 2 different uses , confuse the two, and you have a problem.

Thank you for saying this. This is my whole point. We gave up too much in the Indy contract once we let go of the 401K company match. That was our time to use that leverage to get the company to pay for our entire health insurance. Nightwalker

Remember, The teamsters want there union dues. They don't get them until we agree to a contract. You don't like the contract that they negotiate, Vote NO!! And keep voting NO until the teamsters work hard enough to make us happy.

Remember, The teamsters want there union dues. They don't get them until we agree to a contract. You don't like the contract that they negotiate, Vote NO!! And keep voting NO until the teamsters work hard enough to make us happy.

This is a great point. There are no dues until we are under contract.

I surely do not understand what you are saying because 1 has nothing to do with the other ,and for one to think it does is just confusing themselves, and possibly others.

Simply saying ,diesel fuel and oil derive from the same mother, but both have 2 different uses , confuse the two, and you have a problem.
I never said I was a great communicator,I'am just a truck driver,sorry.But your dues pay the people that negioiate your contract,in the MNFA they got the company to pay for your health Ins.witch is taking care of out of the union hall.If you have a problem with your Ins. you call the hall,not the Ins. Co. itself like you would now.So in stating that your Health Ins is included in your dues,means there is only one out of pocket cost,your dues,under the proposed contract we will pay both dues an health costs.We would like the union to handle our Ins.as in the MNFA,with no cost to us.To get this i think we will have to listen to buster an say no to the present contract, as are numbers increase, so will are strength to negotiate. And thanks to stldude 44 for wishing us luck. p.s. the BA said that the other 1/4 is for the strike fund,ever hear of that?

I never said I was a great communicator,I'am just a truck driver,sorry.But your dues pay the people that negioiate your contract,in the MNFA they got the company to pay for your health Ins.witch is taking care of out of the union hall.If you have a problem with your Ins. you call the hall,not the Ins. Co. itself like you would now.So in stating that your Health Ins is included in your dues,means there is only one out of pocket cost,your dues,under the proposed contract we will pay both dues an health costs.We would like the union to handle our Ins.as in the MNFA,with no cost to us.To get this i think we will have to listen to buster an say no to the present contract, as are numbers increase, so will are strength to negotiate. And thanks to stldude 44 for wishing us luck. p.s. the BA said that the other 1/4 is for the strike fund,ever hear of that?

Yes, there is an election fund, there is a strike fund, and pays for the employees that work within the local in which you are represented as well as the national. Yes I am aware.

Now to say the company contributions to the union for your bennies is dues from the company on your behalf, then I understand, but there is alot of people who say the employee dues pays for everything which is not correct.

The company pays , per driver lets say hyperthetically,20,000 per employee to the union for the coverage of our bennies.
I would say this is company liability moreso then dues.

Employee dues is usually 2.5 times ( give or take per local) your hourly pay per month , this is paid to the union for the things I have mentioned in my first paragraph.

Alot of people confuse the two, just trying too clear the confusion. I do understand where you are comming from now.

I know I call it the teamster's health Ins.habit ,but I do believe the pension fund is run the same way.And I do believe most teamster's call it the teamster's pension fund,these are some of the perks you get(MNFA) as a dues paying member of the teamster union,hopefully in the future we can get some of the same perks.Also I worked for a company that would have those donation's on the bottom of your pay stub.

I know I call it the teamster's health Ins.habit ,but I do believe the pension fund is run the same way.And I do believe most teamster's call it the teamster's pension fund,these are some of the perks you get(MNFA) as a dues paying member of the teamster union,hopefully in the future we can get some of the same perks.Also I worked for a company that would have those donation's on the bottom of your pay stub.

So far, there has been no mention of contributing to any of the Teamster multi employer pension funds. I repeat, (THUS FAR). Elvis out...