TForce | Intimidation

Mrs.Nightwalker

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anybody been intimidated by one of your coworkers to sign a card? Or even tried to be intiminated? Has happend here in CGO. Thank you.:smilie_132:

hey

don't be intimidated you have a right not to so don't worry about it, it's a little late if your a dock or driver, cause they are done in chicagoland.

Has anybody been intimidated by one of your coworkers to sign a card? Or even tried to be intiminated? Has happend here in CGO. Thank you.:smilie_132:

The IBT and UPS gift wrapped this going Union process for all of us, and the momentum is steam rolling nobody needs to be intimidated to see that without the Union you have nothing but with the Union you have power and strength! You will have people that say no but I promise they are in the minority and thats a FACT!:1036316054:

They were told they would be in the minority and no one would like them. That made them cry and they felt scared.:hysterical:

The only way anyone can be intimidated is if they allow it.
Words can go in your ears and stay in your brain,or they can go in one ear,and out the other,its totally up to the listener to which they want to happen.

Everything else comes under harrasment laws.
If this is a one time thing concider the source and shake it off.
If its on going get yourself a pocket tape recorder and file a complant.

The way I deal with everything is with sarcasum,people think they can intimidate me their really going to be sorry they messed with me in the first place.
Because after the first time it rarely happens a second time.

But most dumb conversations go in one ear,and out the other to be forgotten when I walk away.

There has been no intimidation in Ca. that I'm aware of. The only intimidation I have experienced were drivers and dockworkers threatening those who were passing out the cards. " You better have a card for me to sign by tomorrow or I will break your arm" I think I heard a couple say! ha,ha! Just kidding people. I repeat it was just a joke. Probably a bad one at that. Elvis out.....

I was intimidated. By the management, so I went to he Teamsters and said I needed some job protection. Now I am waiting on a contract. It was very reassuring to know that I have someone in my corner to protect me from unfair treatment and intimidation. I remember back about 8 years ago that 2:butt kiss: employees with the blessing of the manager intimidated employees to sign a union decertifacation. They told guys they would show the petition to management and if your name wasn't on it, the manager would know you were for the union. :1036316054:

Yes and several locations in the NE have sent a petition to the NLRB for an election.
rumor's there are three or four people from N.E. on these boards,that i can see. all from diffrent location's. If anything i see the union getting stronger,with all these new rules.UPs is making sure we go union

Employees intimidating employees.
Mrs. NW,
With all due respect that's very vague. Often in the heat of activities and conversations in times of organizing emotions run very high.......from both sides of the issue. One person might see something said as making a good point while another might see it as intimidation and attempt to make it a lot more than what it really was.

I think I'm in the majority here. I would like an example of intimidation your speaking of.
You can say the same thing to 3 people and they will all interpet it differently.:smilie_132:

What I mean with intimidation is saying things like: This is going to happen to you if you don't sign a card,etc. Maybe it's not intimidation, maybe it's called forcing someone to sign a card. Whatever it is, I think it's wrong. If a person can't decide on their own, there's a problem somewhere. Vauge? Me? I don't think so. :mad:

Unfortunitly MN, That individual that stated that is probably right. But, if people don't sign the card, I see no reason for anyone to give them a hard time. Everyone has different thoughts about this situation. I don't care one way or the other how people think. We're all intitled to have our opinion.
Intimidation, to me..is someone making threats of bodily injury or threats of violence to personal property. In that case...hit 'em with a baseball bat!