TForce | Intimidation

In the contract it states we move from the "UPS retirement plan" to the "Ups pension plan".

It is in article 25 which was left out of the contract that is floating around the internet.

Yes, there is an election fund, there is a strike fund, and pays for the employees that work within the local in which you are represented as well as the national. Yes I am aware.

Now to say the company contributions to the union for your bennies is dues from the company on your behalf, then I understand, but there is alot of people who say the employee dues pays for everything which is not correct.

The company pays , per driver lets say hyperthetically,20,000 per employee to the union for the coverage of our bennies.
I would say this is company liability moreso then dues.

Employee dues is usually 2.5 times ( give or take per local) your hourly pay per month , this is paid to the union for the things I have mentioned in my first paragraph.

Alot of people confuse the two, just trying too clear the confusion. I do understand where you are comming from now.

The strike fund did us well back during the strike. I believe I got $100 per week only 10 times before they told us they had no more money to pay us. That strike fund lasted a long time!

Newburgh,Farmingdale,Pensaukken all have filed a petition with the NLRB for an election

Good for them, good luck to them! Farmingdale is not New england. It's New York. Filing for an election is far from winning one. 30% may get an election, it won't win one.:hysterical:

The strike fund did us well back during the strike. I believe I got $100 per week only 10 times before they told us they had no more money to pay us. That strike fund lasted a long time!

Boy ,they get you excited for a strike and when it happens, and you see your new paycheck, I bet you felt like throwing the sighn in the road and going home.:biglaugh:

It is'nt funny I know, just imagine what we may have to look forward too.

Good for them, good luck to them! Farmingdale is not New england. It's New York. Filing for an election is far from winning one. 30% may get an election, it won't win one.:hysterical:

Don't think there will be an election. I think all that is needed is a "card chek". Over 50% and you said "OK" to the Union representing you towards a contract.

Don't think there will be an election. I think all that is needed is a "card chek". Over 50% and you said "OK" to the Union representing you towards a contract.

Yes, But we have to vote on the contract and approve it before the dues can start flowing. :1036316054:

Yes, But we have to vote on the contract and approve it before the dues can start flowing. :1036316054:

I just hope that when the vote comes, people don't just look at it and vote with the attitude of "Hooray for me and screw everybody else"!

Meaning...If the dock and city (for example) see that they'd get time and one half after eight...But the road drivers get almost nothing, the city and dock would look at it and say "No" until the road gets equal considerations. Because in all barns the dock and city employees, out number the road.
WE'VE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER and DO WHATS RIGHT FOR ALL! :1036316054: