Central Transport | Is all the Vitran customers staying with ct in your area

Some are, some aren't. Some will- some won't. A LOT will depend on the drivers. (And THAT will depend on how the drivers are treated by the company.)

Will YOUR customers stay?

alot have gone or in the process of going. we had 3 big accts leave after c.t. bought us and there's freight on the dock that has'nt been delivered promptly and my bet is that is leaving as well. many accts vitran had c.t. will not and does'nt want anyways. no third party, no liftgate and no residential. those will all go bye bye.

Some left as soon as the found out about the buy out and we are noticing alot we had not showing up on are docks

WE do not even get to work here to see

In our area it is bad alot of freight lost yes but all of us Vitran drivers that went over the first couple of weeks we got 4 trips a week now we are down to one trip a week.

my contacts at a few other LTL carriers tell me they are picking up freight that they have never seen before my guess it is some of the former vitran customers

One of my customers has a note up, " Do not use Vitran until further notice". Understandable that they may concerned about lost freight in the transition period I guess. I also talked to a Pitt Ohio driver who claims their bill count is up from people that jumped ship. I imagine salesmen from all the carriers are pouncing on this opportunity.

Yeah my neahbor works at pit there seeing are freight on there dock an fedex is delivering it as well

In our area it is bad alot of freight lost yes but all of us Vitran drivers that went over the first couple of weeks we got 4 trips a week now we are down to one trip a week.
This is happening where we are too. My husband ran into a guy who was called in after sitting home for two weeks. It doesn't seem as if anyone is working a full five days per week. They seem to want to keep everyone though. They haven't done layoffs. I don't think they are purposely trying to push people out. There's a lot of confusion going on right now. I could tell some crazy stories about how disorganized it is. If I did, people would understand instantly that this isn't being done to us on purpose. I never expected CT to be able to do this smoothly. I've been through corporate merges from the management side, and I know they're not easy. We're trying to patiently wait until they get it all figured out.

It is hard on everybody

Some has went to the unemployment office that is just getting one day they were told unless they had a layoff slip they could not file that it would be turned down since they are still employees .I guess we all are waiting to see what happens but we have lost a lot of good guys here plus alot of good office personal.They have been asked what was going on friday they said the weather that was all that was said.All of the V drivers are lucky if they get one day .At my age it would be hard to look everywhere else in our area it is limited.Alot of drivers families has already started taking their Christmas stuff back to pay their bills.

Some has went to the unemployment office that is just getting one day they were told unless they had a layoff slip they could not file that it would be turned down since they are still employees .I guess we all are waiting to see what happens but we have lost a lot of good guys here plus alot of good office personal.They have been asked what was going on friday they said the weather that was all that was said.All of the V drivers are lucky if they get one day .At my age it would be hard to look everywhere else in our area it is limited.Alot of drivers families has already started taking their Christmas stuff back to pay their bills.
They don't qualify for full unemployment. They qualify for partial unemployment. They need to make sure they filed properly and appeal it. Then again, maybe other states are different. Do you know if your state has partial unemployment benefits for lack of work?

Alot has been there and they were told they had to have a layoff slip to sign up here it is hard to get it.One guy that has not worked for 2 weeks he signed up then get a call that they still have work for him he is still on payroll so he gets nothing.In the past week we have lost 3 guys and more next week not counting what has already left.

Alot has been there and they were told they had to have a layoff slip to sign up here it is hard to get it.One guy that has not worked for 2 weeks he signed up then get a call that they still have work for him he is still on payroll so he gets nothing.In the past week we have lost 3 guys and more next week not counting what has already left.

What state are you in?

He should still be able to file for a partial benefit for "Lack Of Work", not laid off. It takes time to process, the company will have to prove that they had work and the lack of a pay stub should prove that there was no work, worked. He can not turn down any work, if offered. even if it is not what he normally does, sweeping the floor, LH, city.