XPO | Is anyone working on Sundays? If not , we shouldn't be on the 70 hour log.

Food prices have went up anyway. Typically , the price of goods and services goes up over time - period. It is not caused by a change in HOS rules.
That is correct, just a few examples, livestock is up 138%, coffee up 44%, eggs up 25%, milk and dairy products have jumped 13 percent, 28% of the homes in this country are under water, If a change in the hos rules makes food prices go it would be a drop in a 55 gallon barrell. Conway claims they will have to hire at least 9% more drivers than they have now, which means so will the rest of the LTL companies. At this point would that be that bad that the LTL companies have to hire more driver's making good money, paying taxes, I mean we are only 15 trillion in debt!! Yeah, the new hos rules might take a little money out of you pocket, 65 hours a week instead of 70? Ouch.http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...the-economy-is-about-to-get-a-whole-lot-worse

This is the big problem that I was gettin at yesterday. Wages in America: The Rich Get Richer not that the rich are getting richer, I'm not into class warfare, just pointing out the middle class is under assault and slowly dissapering and this article back's that up with detailed fact's

The middle class is under assault..and you want to take away from drivers.. and add on more costs for the consumers??

The middle class is under assault..and you want to take away from drivers.. and add on more costs for the consumers??
NO!! I don't want to take anything from anybody. Did you read any of those articles?? The costs to consumers are up because of all kinds of things and are wages have remained stagnet for 30 years or even went down. I don't understand what you don't get about that??? You thought proccess is only focused on you. I want to take money from driver's??? please try to expand your mind if you can and focus on the overall picture and what we can do do fix it. You want to only think in terms of one issue:regretful::6792:

That is correct, just a few examples, livestock is up 138%, coffee up 44%, eggs up 25%, milk and dairy products have jumped 13 percent, 28% of the homes in this country are under water, If a change in the hos rules makes food prices go it would be a drop in a 55 gallon barrell. Conway claims they will have to hire at least 9% more drivers than they have now, which means so will the rest of the LTL companies. At this point would that be that bad that the LTL companies have to hiroe more driver's making good money, paying taxes, I mean we are only 15 trillion in debt!! Yeah, the new hos rules might take a little money out of you pocket, 65 hours a week instead of 70? Ouch.Tens Of Millions Of American Families Are Living On The Edge Of Desperation – And The Economy Is About To Get A Whole Lot Worse

You sound like Michael Moors... just go shop at Aldi.

You sound like Michael Moors... just go shop at Aldi.
You sound like the people who got us into this mess, just stick your head into the sand, in the meantime i have to go:shift: and i do shop at aldi's. have a good night and remember to come up for some air

An answer to the initial question.

We work 7 days a week at my terminal. If nothing else, hostlers start at 10 PM Sunday night by schedule but a lot of the over-flow line-haul runs are run on Saturday or Sunday night by our bid night line-haul drivers. I've done it myself. Running a Saturday night into Sunday is traffic heaven. This is never forced work but we run Saturday and Sunday night at my termial by signing up. I would say it generally takes at least 6 years of seniority to get a weekend night run here.

Driving????

I answered your question in my last post then. As a night line-haul bid driver I ran overflow runs starting on both Saturday and Sunday nights at my terminal by choice. Once I took the run it was up to me if I did it Saturday or Sunday night. This is still standard procedure at my terminal. I would say we have at least 5 to 10 of those per weekend..

I answered your question in my last post then. As a night line-haul bid driver I ran overflow runs starting on both Saturday and Sunday nights at my terminal by choice. Once I took the run it was up to me if I did it Saturday or Sunday night. This is still standard procedure at my terminal. I would say we have at least 5 to 10 of those per weekend..
We also run sometimes, usually at the end of the month, so we won't have as many run's for monday daytime L/H. If your running 5-10 runs a weekend, I would say that is not the norm in are region. But I don't know about other region's.:coffee1:

We also run sometimes, usually at the end of the month, so we won't have as many run's for monday daytime L/H. If your running 5-10 runs a weekend, I would say that is not the norm in are region. But I don't know about other region's.:coffee1:

We were moving doing a few swaps with KC and Memphis on Saturdays, but several weeks ago, the Regional manager, up some where, said that had to stop..so we don't do those Tulsa and Prescott swaps on Saturdays nearly as much as we used to do. It's slow on Saturdays now. But everybody gets their run on Monday...and a lot of flexboard also on Monday.

The runs I'm talking about are Saturday morning overages off our FAC. We take them as Saturday or Sunday night line-haul runs if we want them. I think it's still pretty close to last year - there's a list of what's in the yard from our FAC that needs to move over the weekend and if you wanna run you say I'll take that. Generally you hook it Saturday morning and run it either Saturday or Sunday night depending on what you wanna do.

First of all you are on Conway log. When we where on a 60 hour log we had saturday linehaul runs . City drivers would run even though they had 65 hrs on the city clock . There previous logs showed off duty all week . Conway flexibility when they want. As far as a 70 hour log in 5 days is absolutley insane. SAFE you have to be kidding no other co in the same buisness is working there drivers like they do here. Remember your families drive on the same highway as our drivers. I have listened to two sides to this story from our drivers. The one side says they they are laughing all the way to the bank the other side are actually to tired to comment.I pretty much think Conway sidelines any talk about raises to the fact you can sacrifice your personal life to make money.

First of all you are on Conway log. When we where on a 60 hour log we had saturday linehaul runs . City drivers would run even though they had 65 hrs on the city clock . There previous logs showed off duty all week . Conway flexibility when they want. As far as a 70 hour log in 5 days is absolutley insane. SAFE you have to be kidding no other co in the same buisness is working there drivers like they do here. Remember your families drive on the same highway as our drivers. I have listened to two sides to this story from our drivers. The one side says they they are laughing all the way to the bank the other side are actually to tired to comment.I pretty much think Conway sidelines any talk about raises to the fact you can sacrifice your personal life to make money.
:stirthepot::732:

They were probably doing equipment swap's, or somtimes at the end of the month, end of quarter we will let some guy's run so we won't be swamped on monday. Also, if we get snowed out on a friday night and don't run, they will run re-ship on a Sunday during the day. That's a long way from being open for business and running truck's like it talks about in the rules for criteria
If it is just one day a year that they do it, isn't it that considered running on Sunday? Out in California for licensing, our trucks have to run out of state 1 every two years. So, on meet and turn or FAC they switch with an out of state driver and the truck comes back the next night. Once in two years so it is considered an interstate truck.

If it is just one day a year that they do it, isn't it that considered running on Sunday? Out in California for licensing, our trucks have to run out of state 1 every two years. So, on meet and turn or FAC they switch with an out of state driver and the truck comes back the next night. Once in two years so it is considered a interstate truck.
It's nationwide and its once per year.

You say that it is once a year but all of our trucks don't go out of state every year. Only select ones each year. I thought it was every year too but like I said, not every truck goes out each year.
What Service center are you at. Do you run to ULV, UPH, URE or into OR? Alot of trucks cross state lines sometimes throughout the year and only the ones that haven't need to be run the one time.

Last edited by a moderator: