FedEx Freight | Is it time now?

Also,and it sucks,but the truth is,that most likely,10yrs from now Fxf will be a stronger company for decisions like this one. For those that can survive,these COOs,I do honestly think that down the road,we will be better off. There is no way that a company as large as Fxf can stay competitive without moves like this. From time to time,you are going to **** people off,and disrupt lives. Overall,its good for the company,but on a personal level,it blows. A good friend of mine is one of the unlucky 3 out of 78 to be left in the wind,with no options.

Times like that,its hard to feel good about a company making decisions like the recent when you see/feel the impact personally. Unfortunately,for a company to survive,it can't all be roses,vacations,pay increases,and birthday cake.

Times like that,its hard to feel good about a company making decisions like the recent when you see/feel the impact personally. Unfortunately,for a company to survive,it can't all be roses,vacations,pay increases,and birthday cake.

I would agree with you if we were still operating in the red, however we have been profitable for a while now. This is nothing more than greed.
There is no way that a company as large as Fxf can stay competitive without moves like this
Competitive? Have you seen our rates compared to some others? Do you think those prices will drop with these changes? Hell no....

adlM9RiA.png

Unions aren't the answer cause they are as corrupt as the corporations! Back in the day they worked because driver looked out for each other! Not anymore! At least at my yard I'm always looking over my shoulder cause some lower seniority driver is trying to get me clipped so he can move up a spot! That's what wrong with this company an this country! Until that changes expect more of the same!

Seniority at a union carrier is respected,thus not allowing any junior worker to clip a senior worker no such thing at a union shop...

Please. Your argument is about as deep as a recently broken up with 13yr old boys love song.

Right off the bat,explain to me why you are cool with forking over a piece of YOUR money to a company for the illusion of "protection"?
Why are you cool with that company,taking that money and using it to gain political favor,regardless if its in your best interest?

I have worked under a union blanket. Did so for 3 years at KCS. I remember election time. Every office,bathroom,and breakroom had a huge poster of Bill Clinton hung in it. You know who paid for that? I did. To hell with that.

Better yet,let's use a little thing called facts,numbers and history.

History has/is/will prove that ALL of the union Ltl carriers have failed. Opinion be damned. Look at the current state of union carriers. My father in law retired from YRC. Look at their state,they have been in constant decline for some time now. Pay cuts,shabby equip,terminals being downsized or closed altogether. If your argument is FOR a union,YRC would be a poor example. So,who has proven,in the Ltl business to be both successful,and union?

UPS.........My brother is making 32 a hour, 8 weeks vacation, with a great pension! Now what company does FedEx most resemble????? Ups.....enough said.

First of all to everybody involved, I wish you luck and a quick recovery!!! Second, anybody and everybody should be upset about this COO and the past ones and the future ones. However, this is a business and money needs to be saved at all ends no matter what business you own and if anybody owned or owns their own business should understand that. I don't like seeing people lose jobs, but it's been occuring for many years now. This is not a union/non-union debate. Now, last I checked companies don't shut down cause their union or non-union, they shut down cause their mis- managed and not making money. Period!!! The bottom line is the more money made, the happier the owner is and who would not agree with that. It's horrible to hear news like this and I can't stress that enough, but look around, jobs are sacrificed everyday and in every business. The important thing is to be prepared to lose your job at any giving time for what ever reason. Again, all those affected, I wish you the best of luck!!!

UPS.........My brother is making 32 a hour, 8 weeks vacation, with a great pension! Now what company does FedEx most resemble????? Ups.....enough said.

Are you referencing Overnite?

Or the entire UPS operation,aircraft and all? You are comparing 4 different business models to one Ltl business. Also,UPS ground crews USED to be union,until,,,,,oh yeah! They struck,all got canned,and now the ground duties are subcontracted out. Go union!

I vote union, all union carriers have to get there change of ops and layoffs proven to the union or else strike.
Bunch of koolaid drinkers and management in these forums are scared the drivers will actually mean something.

I got friends at ups freight,yrc and abf, some even worked for fxf. Yrc all happy and seniority matters i'm waiting to get out of this sheithole tired of fxf becoming fedex ground. That's all he wants in the end.

Head over to brown cafe forum under fedex discussions see how fedex treats their express employees. Tell me how u think fedex freight will get better!

Or the entire UPS operation,aircraft and all? You are comparing 4 different business models to one Ltl business. Also,UPS ground crews USED to be union,until,,,,,oh yeah! They struck,all got canned,and now the ground duties are subcontracted out. Go union!

I have never been a union guy, but I just see my brothers benefits, and see the money FedEx makes as a whole, and the money UPS makes as a whole and think FedEx can do better by us. We are so top heavy management wise, it's a joke. Treat us right and we don't need a union. Lets see what our raise this year is, and how our health insurance goes, and I will make a better decision. But I see what my brother gets and pays nothing for health insurance, it's amazing..... I'll hold my breath. But.....

You smell of redshirt don't state things that are false all.

They already are. They re using the UNION railroad.****
Uh,no.

List for me,if you will,the Ltl carriers that are union,and kicking ass right now.

Ill wait..

In the meantime. Feast on this: It will be a cold day in an oven,in hell,before I hand over a portion of my paycheck to a company,just so they can use the funds to back political agendas.

Also,apparently y'all think that because im against a union,that im against a raise and benefits.

I have always said fedex is wayyy overstaffed with mgmt. Working as a ramp agent for express for 7 years,I saw a lot of this.

Im totally in agreement that freight could unass some more $$ per hour. I just hope a union is not the only answer to see that.

I vote union, all union carriers have to get there change of ops and layoffs proven to the union or else strike.
Bunch of koolaid drinkers and management in these forums are scared the drivers will actually mean something.

I got friends at ups freight,yrc and abf, some even worked for fxf. Yrc all happy and seniority matters i'm waiting to get out of this sheithole tired of fxf becoming fedex ground. That's all he wants in the end.

Head over to brown cafe forum under fedex discussions see how fedex treats their express employees. Tell me how u think fedex freight will get better!

Don't let the door hit you and the arse on your way out. After all, if it really was that terrible here, none of us would be here.

Brys, we're barely profitable because of a bad economy caused by a failed president elected by big labor and union dues. I could see your point about greed if our operating ratio was 85. It's far from that. Pete K. used to say that any company operating at 93 or above was slowly going out of business because they didn't have the cash to upgrade their facilities and equipment.

I agree with Pete.

ST

Brys, we're barely profitable because of a bad economy caused by a failed president elected by big labor and union dues. I could see your point about greed if our operating ratio was 85. It's far from that. Pete K. used to say that any company operating at 93 or above was slowly going out of business because they didn't have the cash to upgrade their facilities and equipment.
ST

You havent worked worked for food service then. Profit margin there is much lower and yet they still stay in business....

silent trucker said:
I agree with Pete.
Of course you do. What happens when they tell you its your job? Going to say its fine then and that's what the company needs to do to 'survive'?

Funny thing.

Over in the YRC forum,they had a thread 180 from this one after thier March COO,questioning if unions were to blame for their problems.