FedEx Freight | Is it time now?

Another good read:

Union-Employer Proposal Would Hit Some Retirees | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Here again, Hoffa wants to reduce pensions for all current retiree's and future retiree's, as a means of saving a failed plan...and when he's done, he'll crash the system....

ST

So what was the net effect to our employees when we went from the defined benefit pension to the PPA plan? RC would have received $1900 a month for 30 years and 65 years old.
Now it will be $725 a month plus whatever is in the PPA account. If I stay until 65 that PPA sum will be right around $40k, which would equal what the other pension would have paid for 5 years. Pretty sure I'll live a little longer than that.

So what was the net effect to our employees when we went from the defined benefit pension to the PPA plan? RC would have received $1900 a month for 30 years and 65 years old.
Now it will be $725 a month plus whatever is in the PPA account. If I stay until 65 that PPA sum will be right around $40k, which would equal what the other pension would have paid for 5 years. Pretty sure I'll live a little longer than that.

You are correct....ppa is a fricken joke man.

I got the ppa in the mail wow what a waste of paper and postage, we arepleased to announce we will be giving you a week of pay for every year you work. Thanks for delivering the purple promise die young so you can't collect !

For reals thou I'm so surprised they brought back the match I thought I was really fed a could years ago..

Who told you $1900? I've got the 30, and my estimate at 65 is $1320 per month. That's a car payment away from $1900....

Who told you $1900? I've got the 30, and my estimate at 65 is $1320 per month. That's a car payment away from $1900....

That little letter they sent me every year told me.
Some of us actually got out and worked our butts off every night instead of drinking coffee and collecting delay at WHT and FTA.
We have guys that started the same time as I did and pushed it harder than I did those last 5 years that will get 1100 for 17 years at 65.

That little letter they sent me every year told me.
Some of us actually got out and worked our butts off every night instead of drinking coffee and collecting delay at WHT and FTA.
We have guys that started the same time as I did and pushed it harder than I did those last 5 years that will get 1100 for 17 years at 65.

For the record, I was never drinking coffee...stuff would keep me awake at night...and the last thing I want to do on this job is be awake. And on that turn, I was the highest paid "Line Driver" in my domicile every year. And the letter just arrived the other day...still only the number I quoted....

The bottom line is that it is a insult in comparison to what other companies get.

This company could do far better than that , it pisses me off...