FedEx Freight | Is it time now?

What I meant by clipped was lower guys watching senior guys trying to catch them doing something wrong and trying to get them fired.I don't know what the answer is to our current problem. Union got a bad track record and so does the purple promise! If I had all the answers I wouldn't be driving a truck!

"After all, if it really was that terrible here, none of us would be here."

My spouse only bears the daily harassment and ridiculous "numbers" they expect because Number 1. there are limited job opportunities in our area that pay well and have near equal benefits. Number 2. Being the sole bread winner right now and 2 small kids with health issues is the reason he stays.He definitely is not still there because it is "not so terrible".

Yrc is still failing because of the company mistakes in buying too many carriers not because of union. Stupid discions like selling terminals for quick cash to turn around and lease them from testes.
, I guarantee we will lose more
employees to our coos then them due to runs vanishing to rail. Then you add up all our previous coo

Bringing in the union will solve nothing , the company will do whatever they want when they want
and no third party will ever change that here. I don't give a crap what anyone thinks about that.
I can see many guys vote yes just to punish the company management and then bail out for a
grass that appears to be greener on the other side leaving the trauma behind.

Well emmit heard one of our drivers say they ups freight getting a 5 dollar raise in the city to 32$ I'm not sure if its all at once or within the next 5 years so I asked a buddy I have working there at ups freight and he confirmed it he also told me there line haul would be at 70-71 cents within the next 5 years. I couldn't believe that when he told me. But fri night was hearing the bubba bo trucking talk,someone called saying that the union proposing they take a cut in there pension I'm not sure bout that or specifics.

Well union or no union FedEx is gonna do what it wants cause no one sticks together! No one cares about their brother anymore and FedEx knows it. They know people want say nothing cause they are just happy to have a job. If things don't change the hammer will drop on all of us for long!

If Fedex Freight were to join the Teamsters Union it would probably be set up like what UPS Freight has. The NMFA and Multi Employer Pension Funds seem to be something the Teamsters are trying to let die out. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Fedex Freight were to join the Teamsters Union it would probably be set up like what UPS Freight has. The NMFA and Multi Employer Pension Funds seem to be something the Teamsters are trying to let die out. IMO.

The multi-employer medical and pension funds would still be there.
However there will be no new additions to the NMFA.

Unions aren't the answer cause they are as corrupt as the corporations! Back in the day they worked because driver looked out for each other! Not anymore! At least at my yard I'm always looking over my shoulder cause some lower seniority driver is trying to get me clipped so he can move up a spot! That's what wrong with this company an this country! Until that changes expect more of the same!

There are so many cut throats at my barn that I feel like I have to wear a bullet proof vest and wear a metal neck cuff link so my throat won't get cut. We even have a driver that goes in the box where we turn in our logs and looks at certain drivers logs on Sat morn when no ones around.

Bringing in the union will solve nothing , the company will do whatever they want when they want
and no third party will ever change that here. I don't give a crap what anyone thinks about that.
I can see many guys vote yes just to punish the company management and then bail out for a
grass that appears to be greener on the other side leaving the trauma behind.

Now that's not right, employees screwing FedEx then leaving. We all know the rulebook states that only FedEx can slide you the big purple pecker promise not the other way around. In this relationship we are always the bottom and FedEx is always the top.

Well emmit heard one of our drivers say they ups freight getting a 5 dollar raise in the city to 32$ I'm not sure if its all at once or within the next 5 years so I asked a buddy I have working there at ups freight and he confirmed it he also told me there line haul would be at 70-71 cents within the next 5 years. I couldn't believe that when he told me. But fri night was hearing the bubba bo trucking talk,someone called saying that the union proposing they take a cut in there pension I'm not sure bout that or specifics.

What you heard is a lie... Click on link to see UPS Freight agreement. https://www.tdu.org/sites/default/files/UPSFreight-Tentative-Agreement-2013-2018.pdf

Maximum vacation is 5 weeks after 25 years and top scale is going from $26.15 to $28.65 over 5 years. It takes 48 months for a new hire to get to top rate.

Top mileage rate right now is $.6150 per mile and will increase $.0125 per year over next 5 years.

Effective January 1, 2014 the UPS Retirement Plan will become the UPS Pension Plan. They will earn $105 per month at retirement for each year of service.