Yellow | Is Roadway requesting laid off teamsters to resign, then come back as casuals?

Well evidently the company does want people sitting at home or they wouldn't have sent out these letters that this thread is about anyway.
RWife,
The statement I responded to included the allegation that the Union wanted people sitting at home too. We have no control over it if the Company wants to do stupid things. Anybody who got one of these letters and did anything other than laugh and throw it in the trash overreacted, in my opinion, knowing that they have to offer every single laid off employee work before they can use casuals......unless it's different in the South.

WTF I was told if they did not respond within 7 days it would be consider to be resigning. .[/QUOTE]

might not be a great idea to just sit on this if this was true

WTF I was told if they did not respond within 7 days it would be consider to be resigning. .

Then respond and tell them hell no. But I'm not aware of the Contract saying that they can send you a wish letter hoping you'll quit so they can rehire you as a casual and if you don't respond it'll be considered a voluntary quit.

who knows what tricks they think the can get away with .dont give them an easy out just say NOOOO!!!

Sorry I have to agree with vwaggs, We never had hard lay-offs here at 681 until the year after the yellow thing. Sure we wouldn't work laid off people if there wasn't no work but that pratice has changed big time.....
Now we have people working 6 and 7 days a week when men are sitting at home who haven't worked all week...... Before 2005 we never worked anyone a 6th punch while other men or women were available. Now we have guys who have only missed 3 6th punches in a year and are proud that they made $84,000 on the dock mind you.
We hold freight here as well so we don't have to use laid-off men on certain days...
Even tho I'm working full time now, I can see
where in the future I may be forced to either drive or lose my job because of the UE employee. And as someone else said "driving is not for everyone" It's also the same guys here that don't care as long as they are working. When it hits home then they see where the others are coming from, why all the whining etc. For example we had one man work every sixth punch he could while others didn't work all week. The same week he was laid -off he came by work to pick up his check and wanted to know why people were signing up for Saturday and Sunday when he was laid -off. I just laughed and walked away. Vengence served....

Sorry I have to agree with vwaggs, We never had hard lay-offs here at 681 until the year after the yellow thing. Sure we wouldn't work laid off people if there wasn't no work but that pratice has changed big time.....
Now we have people working 6 and 7 days a week when men are sitting at home who haven't worked all week...... Before 2005 we never worked anyone a 6th punch while other men or women were available. Now we have guys who have only missed 3 6th punches in a year and are proud that they made $84,000 on the dock mind you.
We hold freight here as well so we don't have to use laid-off men on certain days...
Even tho I'm working full time now, I can see
where in the future I may be forced to either drive or lose my job because of the UE employee. And as someone else said "driving is not for everyone" It's also the same guys here that don't care as long as they are working. When it hits home then they see where the others are coming from, why all the whining etc. For example we had one man work every sixth punch he could while others didn't work all week. The same week he was laid -off he came by work to pick up his check and wanted to know why people were signing up for Saturday and Sunday when he was laid -off. I just laughed and walked away. Vengence served....

This sounds like Bloomington. We actually had a grievance filed about overtime before layoff and the senior men complained. I see why, they faught for their overtime. No one will ever be happy with everything that goes on.

67% don't know how to say NO, that's why some of us are sitting around in limbo now. G-Man posted on Yellow forum that he was told by management that COO is going to arbitration. So now even the stupid change committee can't make a decision on it simply because the contract was pushed through with so much open language for interpretation in it. Now those of us that are affected by this change are twidling our thumbs not knowing what's going on, while some are saying STOP WHINING!!! You would never be able to see how the contract is the whole problem unless you are one that HAS to take this change or be laidoff.

who knows what tricks they think the can get away with .dont give them an easy out just say NOOOO!!!

67% don't know how to say NO, that's why some of us are sitting around in limbo now. G-Man posted on Yellow forum that he was told by management that COO is going to arbitration. So now even the stupid change committee can't make a decision on it simply because the contract was pushed through with so much open language for interpretation in it. Now those of us that are affected by this change are twidling our thumbs not knowing what's going on, while some are saying STOP WHINING!!! You would never be able to see how the contract is the whole problem unless you are one that HAS to take this change or be laidoff.

RWife,
We're all affected by this COO, period. The fact that "the stupid change committee" can't make a decision proves that the IBT is sticking up for our rights and not rolling over as some of you think they always do. Good God, what would it take for some of you to ever be satisfied?

we should get a REVOTE cause this old contract is VOID cause they changed the wording, fight for that CHANGE!!!!!!!!

Good God, what would it take for some of you to ever be satisfied?

klondike%20bar%20original.GIF
apantrun.gif

post on yellow's board

for any employee of roadway who wants to read this post......go to yellow boards....:red_bandana:g-man
happy memorial day to all..:USA:

I hate being stuck in Limbo also. I don't need to go into the reasons we're here, its been covered previously. However, the union finally getting some backbone is good for ALL teamsters. I would rather sit in Limbo as would my wife, knowing that it was for a good reason. We can't back up the clock to the NMFA, but we can stand united, on this front, with the union and brothers. Just because we were first round casualties, doesn't mean we should advocate even more on our side. You've heard me use the words unity and solidarity, many times in my posts. Even though,as first round casualties, we are suffering from the delay, we need to bear the pain and hope things reverse in the long run.

You know I'm feeling your pain. Instead of good Whiskey and a great BBQ, I'm spending my holiday weekend getting my house ready to sell, in anticipation of moving.

vwaggs, I congratulate you and your ability to stand united against this company. As for me, I have NEVER worked for a job where I had to deal with this much BS. Although, there was that one job that decided to report 2 accidents on my DAC/USIS report, which I wasn't even in the truck for, but I'm in the process of finding out the exact details, and taking steps to eradicate that from my record.

When Roadway hired me, it should've been because they HAD the freight, and would continue to have the freight, not because they needed someone to fill in the blanks, as I feel I've been used to fill in the blanks at the terminal for a little while. As for me, They laid me off for 3 months, called me back for 3 weeks, laid me off again. I went out and got another job. I am through with Roadway. I'm not living week-to-week wondering if I'm going to have a job the next, nor am I sitting around baby-sitting the phone, waiting 18 hrs, laying back down to go to sleep just to get a call to go out on the road. Then when you ask them for a slide because they've waited so long, "Oh, no, we're no giving out slides". I'm going somewhere where I'm working M-F, weekends off, working at night, but hey, it's steady, I know what time I'm going in. It's a little less money, but more miles, which equals out to same or better pay when compared to Roadway. I'll stay on the layoff list for the 5 years (or as long as I can), just to remain the thorn in their side.

I went out and got another job. I am through with Roadway. I'm not living week-to-week wondering if I'm going to have a job the next, nor am I sitting around baby-sitting the phone, waiting 18 hrs, laying back down to go to sleep just to get a call to go out on the road. Then when you ask them for a slide because they've waited so long, "Oh, no, we're no giving out slides". I'm going somewhere where I'm working M-F, weekends off, working at night, but hey, it's steady, I know what time I'm going in. It's a little less money, but more miles, which equals out to same or better pay when compared to Roadway. I'll stay on the layoff list for the 5 years (or as long as I can), just to remain the thorn in their side.

I may be out there in a few months with you brother, if things don't break right when I can justify jumping off the fence.