Yellow | James Welch with a gift🤷🏽‍♂️

The reality is that Welch, with all of the odds stacked against him, was a key player in turning YRC into a viable organization again back in 2011. Certainly had help from the employees in 14 with the MOU.

Once he retired and Hawkins took over, it didn’t take long to come apart again. The death knell was when he placed the worst President that this industry have seen, Harris.

What’s interesting is that Welch stepped up and did this, not Hawkins who created the mess.

The reality is that Welch, with all of the odds stacked against him, was a key player in turning YRC into a viable organization again back in 2011. Certainly had help from the employees in 14 with the MOU.

Once he retired and Hawkins took over, it didn’t take long to come apart again. The death knell was when he placed the worst President that this industry have seen, Harris.

What’s interesting is that Welch stepped up and did this, not Hawkins who created the mess.
Zollars created this mess, with his lack of business knowledge.
Welch did improve things, then moved on to join Schneider’s BOD.
Then Hawkins from Tennessee, XPO, came up with more ways to screw things up, waste money, but did move the company HQ to Nashville, so that would make things all better. Yeah, how much was spent on that move alone that was not necessary?

Then Hawkins from Tennessee, XPO, came up with more ways to screw things up, waste money, but did move the company HQ to Nashville, so that would make things all better. Yeah, how much was spent on that move alone that was not necessary?
An astute observation, Ted.

While you may not approve of renting a small office space in Nashville, you should know that it SAVED money. I get it that most folks are irritated and like to point fingers but please do your homework before saying something that is not accurate... why would you mention the Nashville office but not mention the fact that they reduced 2.8 million dollars per year by moving out of the FRC in Overland Park? Is it because your not informed or just like to contribute to pot stirring?

While you may not approve of renting a small office space in Nashville, you should know that it SAVED money. I get it that most folks are irritated and like to point fingers but please do your homework before saying something that is not accurate... why would you mention the Nashville office but not mention the fact that they reduced 2.8 million dollars per year by moving out of the FRC in Overland Park? Is it because your not informed or just like to contribute to pot stirring?
Can’t say I remember Hawkin’s reason for moving out of Overland Park, but if it saved all that money, why didn’t he do it years earlier? And would have saved much more money.

Can’t say I remember Hawkin’s reason for moving out of Overland Park, but if it saved all that money, why didn’t he do it years earlier? And would have saved much more money.
Then why didn't Welch do it or Zollars before him.

If you want to lay blame I guess we could all find a way to pick our favorite culprit.

Then why didn't Welch do it or Zollars before him.

If you want to lay blame I guess we could all find a way to pick our favorite culprit.
That’s right. If it saved so much money, WHY didn’t others before him do it? Or was it possibly that Hawkins lives between Nashville, and Memphis? Thanks for stopping by though.