Yellow | James Welch with a gift🤷🏽‍♂️

I wonder if the fact Tennessee has no state income taxes had something to do with the move. I’m sure the executives saved quite a bit of money for themselves

I wonder if the fact Tennessee has no state income taxes had something to do with the move. I’m sure the executives saved quite a bit of money for themselves
Hard to say. Hawkins is a Tennesse native, I think. Their sales tax is a bit on the steep side though.

While I'm not a big fan of Mr Welch I think he was a big part of the problem not moving the company forward fast enough, I have to give him a lot of credit for stepping up and paying for this out of his own pocket.

The company was already in the dire straits when welsh came back to run it He never really had a chance to turn it around with there finances so bad.when Mr Meyers left at that point he should have turned it over to James welsh.

In an interview with the Associated Press Friday, Stifel Nicolaus analyst David Ross said the chance YRC will get federal bailout money is "very slim."

"TARP was made for financial institutions, not to bailout a trucking company," Ross said. "If YRC (got the money) that would just open up the floodgates for other struggling companies to ask for money too."

I believe the auto makers got TARP money 20% of the TARP funds, about 80 billion went to them