XPO | Job Selection Process & Favoritism

Because just like everything else. They make up the " rules " as they go. One terminal to the next " policy " is completely different.
every barn is different. Different demands and customers. At one time in the past they tried a Tue thru Sat bid at my barn due to the amount of Sat drop. Didn't work out to well and they canned it.
Right now guys our pissed that we have less early start time this year then last. Hell even some say they will quit. Good bye. We are a service and when the companies we service change there demands we must changes too. The bids are open at any time for change even in union companies. If you don't like it well there always that Amazon warehouse job out there with a set schedule

every barn is different. Different demands and customers. At one time in the past they tried a Tue thru Sat bid at my barn due to the amount of Sat drop. Didn't work out to well and they canned it.
Right now guys our pissed that we have less early start time this year then last. Hell even some say they will quit. Good bye. We are a service and when the companies we service change there demands we must changes too. The bids are open at any time for change even in union companies. If you don't like it well there always that Amazon warehouse job out there with a set schedule

We keep losing early start times to dockhands. But that ain't why drivers are quitting. It's way bigger than what bid you hold.

We keep losing early start times to dockhands. But that ain't why drivers are quitting. It's way bigger than what bid you hold.
New Dock worker is one reason and the other is our inbound freight is lower then last year. There are those that run there mouths about it and that's all they do. I just waiting for one of them to act and I don't see that happening though

New Dock worker is one reason and the other is our inbound freight is lower then last year. There are those that run there mouths about it and that's all they do. I just waiting for one of them to act and I don't see that happening though

Can't get drivers back from the FACs. Hard to have routes ready. And they are running this G12 stuff. How are we all the sudden going to be able to deliver this stuff ? ENRT Maybe the can have the line haul drivers drop it off on their way back ? LOL

Can't get drivers back from the FACs. Hard to have routes ready. And they are running this G12 stuff. How are we all the sudden going to be able to deliver this stuff ? ENRT Maybe the can have the line haul drivers drop it off on their way back ? LOL
I not sure if you have seen but every sic that has an area over 50miles from the barn were given another sic code. That gives them one extra day of service. Now in some places it is working and other no so much. Back in the day when I worked at AF we had G-freight it was date and Time defined. Now the paid through the nose for this service, but yes one time I got a 4am call from a LH driver asking were this company was in my area so he could make the 5am delivery. I don't see it going that far here. I see some one higher up making the call on the G12 freight. I see it having to be pickup by a certain time so it can be back to the barn to load out on the first trailer going to the FAC. The it must be on the first set leaving the FAC. The whole time being tail load.

I not sure if you have seen but every sic that has an area over 50miles from the barn were given another sic code. That gives them one extra day of service. Now in some places it is working and other no so much. Back in the day when I worked at AF we had G-freight it was date and Time defined. Now the paid through the nose for this service, but yes one time I got a 4am call from a LH driver asking were this company was in my area so he could make the 5am delivery. I don't see it going that far here. I see some one higher up making the call on the G12 freight. I see it having to be pickup by a certain time so it can be back to the barn to load out on the first trailer going to the FAC. The it must be on the first set leaving the FAC. The whole time being tail load.

Man. You have a lot of faith in the system. How long have you worked here ? ; )

THIS!!!

Pushing back start times fixes the symptoms. THIS is the problem. Drivers returning late from FACs.

I would like this a million times. And no disrespect to linehaul drivers , you can only play the hand you're delt.

Disagree. No cut times anymore. FOS keeping guys to work freight showing up at 4:00 am. No repercussions to the barns dispatching guys 3 hours past cut times. Circle of life. Back late, out late. No changing it.
Like I said the system there and it works. The problem is they are not using it. Yes cut time are a big problem, but that's not the only one. Driver's f*ing off on the way to the FAC, like sleeping, or just screwing off so they show up when the via list is out. The same goes for city drivers milking the clock because they need some OT. Dockworker taking 6 or more smoke breaks in 4 hrs, playing on there phone just simply not breaking freight and now that's it getting cold make that 8 trips to the breakroom. Management is not the only one that are the problem here. We all need to look into the mirror and take a long hard look at ourselves.

Like I said the system there and it works. The problem is they are not using it. Yes cut time are a big problem, but that's not the only one. Driver's f*ing off on the way to the FAC, like sleeping, or just screwing off so they show up when the via list is out. The same goes for city drivers milking the clock because they need some OT. Dockworker taking 6 or more smoke breaks in 4 hrs, playing on there phone just simply not breaking freight and now that's it getting cold make that 8 trips to the breakroom. Management is not the only one that are the problem here. We all need to look into the mirror and take a long hard look at ourselves.
Management knows these things are happening. Sometimes they are sitting right there watching these things take place. In all of the situations that you listed above , if management knows about it happening yet they take no action to correct the offenders , then I don't blame the offenders as much as management for doing jack sh!t when it's their job.

Eliminating start times and pushing back times ultimately is a band aid. Management needs to address the problem or XPO will just **** off and loose more customers.

Interesting perspective.
Good thing we still have guys like you .:clapping:

Last edited:
Management knows these things are happening. Sometimes they are sitting right there watching these things take place. In all of the situations that you listed above , if management knows about it happening yet they take no action to correct the offenders , then I don't blame the offenders as much as management for doing jack sh!t when it's their job.

Eliminating start times and pushing back times ultimately is a band aid. Management needs to address the problem or XPO will just **** off and loose more customers.
and what has cased this problem? I have to say the trucking industry as a whole. This has been a slow growing problem for years and now it's coming to ahead. Years ago it took min of 2yrs exp. and knowing someone to get into an LTL company. Now look at it even the union barn can't get drivers even with there company paid insurance. When the dereg of the trucking industry started and companies both union and non stared closing there doors. The market was flood with drivers looking for work. Now that most of those driver are retired or moved on there are less drivers to be had. That has caused the companies to look the other way on somethings. Now with more and more regs on us and the companies it even getting hard to get and keep CDL drivers. I sure you remember the days when you were told to driver the truck or don't come in tomorrow from you boss. If they pulled that now who do you think would be looking for a new job? The one thing I tell everyone is to keep you record clean. I know I can have a job in 2days if something happened here. When a company closes the freight just doesn't disappear someone has to haul it. Companies are hard up for drivers. The last job I had I quit without notice drove the truck to the yard and turned my stuff in. One year later I got and E-mail asking me if I wanted to come back.

Disagree. No cut times anymore. FOS keeping guys to work freight showing up at 4:00 am. No repercussions to the barns dispatching guys 3 hours past cut times. Circle of life. Back late, out late. No changing it.
At the FAC I run to they don’t ask why a driver is late. They say the home barn will deal with it. Plus we deal with the guys that show up when their freight shows up or they just load their freight all night and don’t do breakers.

If this was already mentioned then my bad. Are these 10 hour days being compensated with time and a half after the first 8 hours of each day?

Years ago Yellow had a 4day 10 hour bid. The guy that took that bid decided he did not like it. He did not like working beside guys getting OT while he worked straight time for 10 hours.