XPO | John Labrie leaves Con-way

you can tell you have been around a while also. it will take years to straighten out if they can at all. i hope for the best for the sake of the people that have a way to go yet, and yes that means yellow or any other co.

Jerry left because he had to... inside trading.

The direction of this company changed the day it became a publicly traded company. At that point it became necessary to generate a profit to satisfy the investors. The economy has not and will not show enough of a recovery to allow our industry any type of breathing room in regards to profits. Creating revenue through programs like true LTL and dropping accessorial charges was a band-aid applied with the idea the wound would heal while covered up. However that band-aid held a price tag of over 100 million dollars of profit lost because the wound itself did not heal because the economy did not recover. The person that stood up and sold the company on the idea that the true LTL band-aid would be our savior is now an ex-employee. But, much like the witch trials in Salem in 1692, hysteria and speculation are allowed here... and embraced by the followers. But, I'm sure the vantage point from the top of the soapbox allowed quick re-focusing to find the next one to cast doubt and speculation upon.

I have heard this insider trading story before...and have always been leery of its authenticity.

Can you document this? I am extremely interested in seeing the proof.

Rat

you can tell you have been around a while also. it will take years to straighten out if they can at all. i hope for the best for the sake of the people that have a way to go yet, and yes that means yellow or any other co.

You and I go a little different direction on this assumption.

The fix is easy and can be done rather quickly.

It will however be somewhat expensive...and radical...but it can be done.

The one thing this company has going for it is the folks who work here.

They are pros...and want nothing more than an ultimate and resounding success for the company.

Give the good folks who work here half a chance and they will back a genuine and sincere plan...

But therein lies the rub...it has to be genuine and sincere.

This is not something the company has excelled at in its recent past.

The days of lip service and never-to-be-heard-from-again programs must cease.

Maintaining the status quo style of management of the recent past won't work...didn't then and won't now.

Give the employees a good and effective recovery plan and they will be more than willing to meet the company half way.

Make it so. (Jean Luc Picard)

Rat

i am only going by present and recent past performace of the mgt. that i deal with and have dealt with the last 40 yrs. a co. cannot send these wannabes into a new town and totally ruin the repor that took us once totaly deicated people alot of time to gain their trust. They git the big head syndrome and cannot make any common sense judgement calls without first seeing who they have to suck up to make themseves shine. In the meantime we end up with alot of really pi&&ed- off customers who have other options and will not come back if at all. I have seen it happen over&over and it has happened way to often in my neck of the woods

Gunner you are clueless on JD

OK then , just like Rat said , show me your evidence!!!!! Like I also said. If it is true all I can say is at least the Company was making a profit and the employees were treated with respect . We were better off with Jerry. Anyone who can't see that the company has been falling every since he left either hasn't been around long enough or is in flat out denial .