FedEx Freight | Just for fun!!!!

I am due to start 9-20 -10 in salt lake. called the om on friday & he said every thing is still " ago" also said he got clearance to hire 4 more after me!!!

Before the merger Salt Lake had 32 0r 33 bids they could not cover....You will be fine, just on a bigger board.

Before the merger Salt Lake had 32 0r 33 bids they could not cover....You will be fine, just on a bigger board.

Wouldn't the right thing to do be to allow transfers of those possibly being laid off before hiring more? Or does FXF think they will be having a net gain of drivers through all this by eliminating Power Only etc. and the 1700 lost jobs coming only from office/dock personnel ? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "As the stomach turns".

5/2004 p&d. 1/2010 road.

Was told that even with all the drivers coming over we will still have to hire 3 more road more than likely.

Wouldn't the right thing to do be to allow transfers of those possibly being laid off before hiring more? Or does FXF think they will be having a net gain of drivers through all this by eliminating Power Only etc. and the 1700 lost jobs coming only from office/dock personnel ? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "As the stomach turns".

Something highly misunderstood is that O/O's are going away.....While that is a true statement it is misleading. Here is the deal...

O/O were told 6 months ago that by Oct they had to have there own authority, Ins, ect and would no longer be employed by FX....They have to have a minumum of 4 trucks ect and have been renamed as Power Only meaning just that...They will still have dedicated trucks pulling FX trailers just like they do now.. In other word PT trucks pullin our trailers...

Something highly misunderstood is that O/O's are going away.....While that is a true statement it is misleading. Here is the deal...

O/O were told 6 months ago that by Oct they had to have there own authority, Ins, ect and would no longer be employed by FX....They have to have a minumum of 4 trucks ect and have been renamed as Power Only meaning just that...They will still have dedicated trucks pulling FX trailers just like they do now.. In other word PT trucks pullin our trailers...
Racer, if they told them that 6months ago it don't mean squat. Just more people they misled

Racer, if they told them that 6months ago it don't mean squat. Just more people they misled

What they were telling them was they have until Oct. to get there own authority ect....I ask my TM Friday and he said everything I stated earlier is how it is going to work...

I'm just saying, TM's don't know much more than we do. They are on the same need to know basis that we are. They didn't know this was happening till right before us

Jan '08 Linehaul
To those who didn't see the writing on the wall, here's my take on it.
1st- The Kiosks said "Fed Ex Freight"
2nd-The new vcr's said "Fed Ex Freight"
and last but not least-When the pay schedule was changed to every week from every 2 weeks.
Not hard to figure out what was going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator: