FedEx Freight | Just for fun!!!!

Before the merger Salt Lake had 32 0r 33 bids they could not cover....You will be fine, just on a bigger board.

SLC is not gonna be a hub anymore its gonna be an end of the line center and the national terminal is gonna be the area hub SLK changing to NSL. Which is dumb cuz the fxnl terminal is big enough to handle all of slc and hub freight, with plenty of room to build on, and they are only about 5 miles apart. SLC will have 110 or so city driver spots and 23 road driver spots(mostly shuttle runs, a whole 10 miles round trip). Between freight and national there are between100 and 115 city drivers.

SLC is not gonna be a hub anymore its gonna be an end of the line center and the national terminal is gonna be the area hub SLK changing to NSL. Which is dumb cuz the fxnl terminal is big enough to handle all of slc and hub freight, with plenty of room to build on, and they are only about 5 miles apart. SLC will have 110 or so city driver spots and 23 road driver spots(mostly shuttle runs, a whole 10 miles round trip). Between freight and national there are between100 and 115 city drivers.

Natl. drivers were not given any indication what the runs will look like as of today, so i assume your on the freight side...so you say there will be 25 road spots just to shuttle freight between the 2? Are you sure?

Natl. drivers were not given any indication what the runs will look like as of today, so i assume your on the freight side...so you say there will be 25 road spots just to shuttle freight between the 2? Are you sure?

yeah I'm with freight. City driver and employee since Dec 10 2009 so I'm sorta worried. Not sure about the numbers just what my tm said this morning. We are having another meeting tomorrow morning with the final numbers and who is getting the shaft. He said we at slc will have 20 shuttle driver and 3 road runs. And at the new hub(national term) will handle all hub freight, something like 90 road. but I don't know for sure

yeah I'm with freight. City driver and employee since Dec 10 2009 so I'm sorta worried. Not sure about the numbers just what my tm said this morning. We are having another meeting tomorrow morning with the final numbers and who is getting the shaft. He said we at slc will have 20 shuttle driver and 3 road runs. And at the new hub(national term) will handle all hub freight, something like 90 road. but I don't know for sure

Thank You Sir.

So what is going to happen to all of the closed terminals? Will FedEx sell em? I know the EGV hub near Sac,CA is a pretty nice barn and it was expanded just a few yrs back. What a waste if you tell me....and a shame.....

So what is going to happen to all of the closed terminals? Will FedEx sell em? I know the EGV hub near Sac,CA is a pretty nice barn and it was expanded just a few yrs back. What a waste if you tell me....and a shame.....

I'm not so sure that Fed Ex owns the land as I believe that the Watkins family didn't include the land when they were bought. If someone knows different, please correct me on this.

April 5th 2010 - Driver Apprentice (Never even got behind the wheel and my permit expires the same day my job does.) I just dont get all the new hires these past few months. They must have thought YRC would be gone by now.

April 5th 2010 - Driver Apprentice (Never even got behind the wheel and my permit expires the same day my job does.) I just dont get all the new hires these past few months. They must have thought YRC would be gone by now.

I agree ! And they are going to pay 12 weeks of severance to all us new guys..
I will belive that when the check is in my hand. people I have been telling about the severance cant belive it either....

This may be wierd but please post your start date. To see who they messed with the most. My start date was 11/2009 transfer date of 03/2010. I know there are alot of drivers are going to be worse off, but i can not wait to see how bad everyone got it from the co. Best of luck to all............:mad:

i started 12/2009 and if what i hear is correct you,ltlfan would start after me cause you transfered 3/2010

I would go into a terminal before you with company time 11/2009. You would bid before me with your 12/2009 date. That is if you are linehaul/road driver. Thats what i am.