XPO | Just my thought on the end of Conway as we know it.

No. This is all he is talking about. He has said over and over that he plans to slow the number of acquisitions over the next year. But that there would be considerable more purchases over the next five.
Copy, so I'm assuming you heard him say that too? It was when he was asked about anymore foreseeable purchases in the near future I'm sure most of those big investment firms were pretty concerned based on his recent purchases. I know anything is possible and I'm sure a guy like him is intentionally and strategically vague, so I try to read between the lines, and maybe I over think ::shit:: sometimes. But it kinda makes one wonder if selling off truckload is one of those sml to med sized deals he was referring to, and he already knew it at the time of the conference call. Just sayin.

Copy, so I'm assuming you heard him say that too? It was when he was asked about anymore foreseeable purchases in the near future I'm sure most of those big investment firms were pretty concerned based on his recent purchases. I know anything is possible and I'm sure a guy like him is intentionally and strategically vague, so I try to read between the lines, and maybe I over think :::shit::: sometimes. But it kinda makes one wonder if selling off truckload is one of those sml to med sized deals he was referring to, and he already knew it at the time of the conference call. Just sayin.

We are on the same page. Hard to say what will happen moving forward.

For now, just the top executives. Dougie and friends. Although Doug will chill with us a few more months.
During the course of a conversation w/ my SCM about two and a half weeks ago, Dougie S's name came up and I asked if he was contributing to the transition and is he fulfilling the roll as an adviser. My SCM's response, "No, he,(Dougie), isn't contributing a thing". So I guess according to my SCM, D.S. has been completely out of service "RED TAGGED', if you will, for some time now. XPO saying that he'd be kept on as an adviser for a few months apparently made good press for XPO, but had nothing to do w/ reality.

During the course of a conversation w/ my SCM about two and a half weeks ago, Dougie S's name came up and I asked if he was contributing to the transition and is he fulfilling the roll as an adviser. My SCM's response, "No, he,(Dougie), isn't contributing a thing". So I guess according to my SCM, D.S. has been completely out of service "RED TAGGED', if you will, for some time now. XPO saying that he'd be kept on as an adviser for a few months apparently made good press for XPO, but had nothing to do w/ reality.
It's not uncommon at CEO levels to have clauses built in ( golden parachutes , lump sum payments , moving expenses , transportation ) In this case , it seems as if XPO Logistics was contractually obligated to keep Doug around , maybe due to a clause.

In the case of Doug still being around after the change in ownership - IT DOESN'T FIT - XPO Logistics wants a clean slate and the only way Dougie remaining makes sense is if they were forced.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon at CEO levels to have clauses built in ( golden parachutes , lump sum payments , moving expenses , transportation ) In this case , it seems as if XPO Logistics was contractually obligated to keep Doug around , maybe due to a clause.

In the case of Doug still being around after the change in ownership - IT DOESN'T FIT - XPO Logistics wants a clean slate and the only way Dougie remaining makes sense is if they were forced.

Or if they did it to quell investor anxiety.