FedEx Freight | Last week with fedex

Wait a minute. Did you say your last week with FedEx or your last weak with FedEx?

By the way you were being yelled at because it was your fault.

I've read a few of Mr. pickles posts over the last couple 'o months and god bless him.... he's still up to challenging the "Man"....Although not for nothing, why sign on to this company if you arent willing to sell out to the Man? Its FedEx not uncle Jimmy's cartage service. They pay us pretty good, give us decent bennies, a little paid time off, and for the most part job security, you just have occasionally eat some ::shit::, and sell a little of your soul, but isn't that common knowledge and par for the course?
Challenging the man only makes the hours longer and the target on your back bigger. It is what it is, it could be better, but this aint Microsoft....there wont be any "sleep pods" or "stress decompression chambers" offered anytime soon, especially in the 1st year. I don't like how everything goes sometimes, but that's been the case anywhere I've worked, if something better came along sure I'd grab it, but I've deffinately had worse jobs that paid less.
Just want to say thanks Pickle for helping me to appreciate what I got, and hope things eventually work out for you, don'nt take this the wrong way but on this end you just come off as young and dillusional...which aint necessarilly a bad thing its just that trucking for a major corporation might not be for everyone.....but seriously GOOD LUCK!

Doesn't matter if he's a newbie, a rookie, an old timer, or what ever, he's a grown man and doesn't deserve to be treated like a first grade kid. If a child was treat the way some employees are someone would be talking to CPA. Just show everyone some respect, it would go along way.

Wait a minute. Did you say your last week with FedEx or your last weak with FedEx?

By the way you were being yelled at because it was your fault.

They yell at you if they see you talking on the dock with anther driver or employee. They tell you to get moving and stop talking get the freight out of that trailer and so on.

I think you should stay just to punish them.
One of them (red shirts) will be gone before
you crack man.

They yell at you if they see you talking on the dock with anther driver or employee. They tell you to get moving and stop talking get the freight out of that trailer and so on.

was it around 0215 and you had a trailer with freight on it that had a cut time of 0245. hot freight has got to move...its the same at every hub

was it around 0215 and you had a trailer with freight on it that had a cut time of 0245. hot freight has got to move...its the same at every hub

No It could be right when we go in to work about 9:30pm. and no freight to unload. And we are just pulling bay freight. They well yell at you like I know it is slow but no talking. If not go home.

I think you should stay just to punish them.
One of them (red shirts) will be gone before
you crack man.

Exactly pickle...red shirts come and go like thunderstorms. The trick is not to get swept away by their flash flood of BS before they pass by and move on to another center or company. Think about what you are doing man. FedEx is a lot of crap sometimes but with today's economy THINK LONG AND HARD!!!! before you quit. But like I've said before if you do leave I hope you find something that makes you happy. Think this through. Nothing changes but the name on the tractor door driver.... :1036316054:

No It could be right when we go in to work about 9:30pm. and no freight to unload. And we are just pulling bay freight. They well yell at you like I know it is slow but no talking. If not go home.

If everyone stood around talking nothing would get done.... If you are going to talk don't do it in front of a red shirt. Looking at the big picture you have to understand the longer it takes to get the freight loaded the more road drivers the company is paying to sit in the breakroom on delay at 20 plus dollars an hour.... Does this help you to understand a little bit of why they are yelling? By no means am I siding with the red shirts, I just understand a little of the operation aspect of this dog and pony show:hysterical:

If everyone stood around talking nothing would get done.... If you are going to talk don't do it in front of a red shirt. Looking at the big picture you have to understand the longer it takes to get the freight loaded the more road drivers the company is paying to sit in the breakroom on delay at 20 plus dollars an hour.... Does this help you to understand a little bit of why they are yelling? By no means am I siding with the red shirts, I just understand a little of the operation aspect of this dog and pony show:hysterical:

that or you have guys that talk more then work while you have others that work and dont talk...

that or you have guys that talk more then work while you have others that work and dont talk...

You know what I think. The work gets done one way or the other. Also when its slow. And nothing to do they still get mad. But its ok for them to always take a cigarette break out side all the time. Then there we are looking for them when we need help with something. But no one tells them anything right.

When I first started with AF I had to work the dock for 9 months. My dock supervisor would send you home if you got caught talking. You wasn't even allowed to discuss freight or loading or anything....If you needed to talk to somebody about freight or a trailer or whatever you had to go to the dock stand and sup would call the other person up there and you could have a conversation with the sup present. We were seriously under staffed though. I worked 12 to 15 hours a night on the dock. Overtime wasn't a bad word then.... But by golly don't say "call off" whew that was worse than saying "Union" now.:hysterical:

You know what I think. The work gets done one way or the other. Also when its slow. And nothing to do they still get mad. But its ok for them to always take a cigarette break out side all the time. Then there we are looking for them when we need help with something. But no one tells them anything right.

A good leader leads by example... You sound like you have some **** poor management too.

From what I remember he is a newbie at FXF but not a rookie, he has worked at Yellow and I think USF.

FM

You're right, newbie would have been the appropriate term.

I still think he's in a new world but is trying to play by some old rules.

OAF

Well atv I haven't left yet just haven't gone in 2 days. I wont to stick it out only if I see light at the end of the tunnel.