FedEx Freight | Last week with fedex

Well atv I haven't left yet just haven't gone in 2 days. I wont to stick it out only if I see light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm dead serious pickle....don't do something you'll regret because you angry. Just let the dust settle, stay under the radar for a little while and pray that things will get better. I'm telling you this from experience. I quit a great job when I was young because I got mad. I regret it to this day. It will be very difficult to find a job that pays this good today. Management knows this and that is the reason they don't care to micro manage us and push us around. Their logic is if you don't like it then quit. I did one even better. I have slowed production numbers way down...... The only way to get even with sups is to hit them where it hurts....POW right in the numbers baby!!!!!:1036316054:

Pickle...before you really decide to jump, give it sometime maybe you just got started out on the wrong foot, i think you said you maybe be out of DAL..well that a lagre hub, things change often, this redshirt you had some trouble with will either leave or change shifts soon. Things on a hub dock are always crazy it takes a bit to get into the swing of things, dont let one person mess with your life. just my thoughts on it
Fl don't take this the wrong way,pickle also mention money and not just yelling and disrespect.you don't have a wife and kids to support along with other bills.i really don't know how anyone can make it on 40 hours or less here at fedex unless you have a spouse that works.i know you are trying to help but maybe pickle can't wait out the storm any longer,there comes a time you have swim or sink,what i mean is you don't want to put yourself in deeper dept wait for someone to maybe change.pickle,a little advise my father gave me when growing up-if you are not happy and it sounds like that he always said there is something out there that will.sorry to here this but good luck and please stay on here and chat with us,hope it all works out.

They yell at you if they see you talking on the dock with anther driver or employee. They tell you to get moving and stop talking get the freight out of that trailer and so on.

I like it when the Red shirts announce it over the intercom for everyone else to hear when they see drivers talking to dock workers..

"You guys get to work now!, your getting paid by the hour so stop talking."
:Bondage: :bowdown:

In the meantime, you are actually talking about something work related and if they had just walked over they could have heard the convo instead of humiliating 3 workers over the intercom system..

Anyway to the original poster..I beleive you are telling the truth..it is that way latley and it does not matter who you talk to, it does not get any better really...good luck to you..

Pickle,I left FedEx Freight almost 5 yrs ago for all the same reasons you listed.Its too bad they still haven't gotten any better.Good luck in your future endeavors.

Without knowing the details, it is hard to assume who is write and who is wrong. We all know that there are drivers and/or dockmen that need to be yelled and written up a lot more than they are. It's unfortunate that most of the workers have pride, work hard, and do it right, but some of the "bad apples" need to correct their work-ethic or attitude. Again, its only a few guys and i'm sure most terminals have a handful or fewer of them.

On the flip side, sometimes, why write some body or yell at somebody if it really isn't going to correct anything? sometimes the "red shirts" just document, document, document, and so on but yet NOTHING happens.........SO it's easy to simply say, save the stress, the ink, and the time and not document.....this also doesn't accomplish anything....

On the one hand, rule are rules. If they aren't enforced, then why are they there in the first place? Management (at all trucking companies) needs to have their heads examined if they don't enforce the rules they create. At some companies (FedEx it seems), management may--and I stress may--be cracking the whip a bit too hard. Work at times is not all fun and games--but it should be fun a lot more than it often is.

On the other hand, finding quality workers who do their job well without whining and complaining are getting harder to find. Any CEO worth his salt has to be be losing sleep in tackling this problem. Unfortunately, the solution seems to be making rules -- but be very lax in enforcing the rules. The end result is that you have good workers being punished for the few bad apples in the workforce. For example, CT's line haul drivers get away with a lot of crap simply because CT finds it difficult to retain linehaul drivers over time.

Management at all trucking companies: WAKE UP! Hire good people, enforce the rules, use common sense in creating a fun place to work, and you'll have a dynamite workforce and work environment.

Now if you want to throw darts...I understand. I work at CT. :biglaugh:

OK avnut. I'm a line driver, just what in the H$&& does "call off " mean? or any bodyelse for that matter.

"Call in" means pick up the phone, dial the center and tell them you are not coming to work today. call in call off same thing.:1036316054:

i started here 13 years ago i often wondered if i made the right choice.but back then the way a man was treated was a 100 times better than now,starting at 9-10am til 10-11 12 pm or some nights 1 am but then you were part of something special.now its just a job again like the one i left to come here,too old to start over again but if the right job comes along poof this old boys gone like yesterdays laundry :smilie_132:

Great post frt hauler!! When times get tough you see the true colors of a company. When the economy gets better, I bet you see a lot of guys leaving fed ex. A lot of our younger guys are looking at ups freight, just waiting for them to hire. If I was a younger man I would think about it too. I hate to see this place 2 or 3 years from now, nothing but old men drivers. I'm sure fed ex has a plan for that too. It would be nice if the drivers had a stake in this company, something that would make us part of this place, instead of just being a nessasary evil to the mangement of this company.:hide:

On the one hand, rule are rules. If they aren't enforced, then why are they there in the first place? Management (at all trucking companies) needs to have their heads examined if they don't enforce the rules they create. At some companies (FedEx it seems), management may--and I stress may--be cracking the whip a bit too hard. Work at times is not all fun and games--but it should be fun a lot more than it often is.

On the other hand, finding quality workers who do their job well without whining and complaining are getting harder to find. Any CEO worth his salt has to be be losing sleep in tackling this problem. Unfortunately, the solution seems to be making rules -- but be very lax in enforcing the rules. The end result is that you have good workers being punished for the few bad apples in the workforce. For example, CT's line haul drivers get away with a lot of crap simply because CT finds it difficult to retain linehaul drivers over time.

Management at all trucking companies: WAKE UP! Hire good people, enforce the rules, use common sense in creating a fun place to work, and you'll have a dynamite workforce and work environment.

Now if you want to throw darts...I understand. I work at CT. :biglaugh:

When Mr. Garrison ran things at AF he understood this philosophy very well... Serve your people and they will carry you where you want to go. Current leadership has this completely reversed... our people are only here to serve us. Because they do they get the reverse effect. When I hired on, employees NEVER talked bad about the company. Folks went out of their way to help each other (which helped the co.). Employees were excited (mostly) about what was happening. Mr. Garrison made sure his subordinates treated you with respect. To be fair, every day wasn't utopia but overall it was the best experience in the workplace I've ever seen. Today, completely the opposite. The approach changed... the environment changed. Granted, it's not just that simple, but it does factor in.

When Mr. Garrison ran things at AF he understood this philosophy very well... Serve your people and they will carry you where you want to go. Current leadership has this completely reversed... our people are only here to serve us. Because they do they get the reverse effect. When I hired on, employees NEVER talked bad about the company. Folks went out of their way to help each other (which helped the co.). Employees were excited (mostly) about what was happening. Mr. Garrison made sure his subordinates treated you with respect. To be fair, every day wasn't utopia but overall it was the best experience in the workplace I've ever seen. Today, completely the opposite. The approach changed... the environment changed. Granted, it's not just that simple, but it does factor in.

So true,AF was just as you said,one of the best work environment Ive worked in and I know the guys I worked with then thought the same thing.

Thank you avnut, I thought it had to do with dock work. Sorta like you were working a trl, and had a call off, that trl was having a problem or something.

I just wanted your post to be seen again, maybe it will sink into the people running ( or should I say ruining)this company.:hide:

On the one hand, rule are rules. If they aren't enforced, then why are they there in the first place?

umm..sounds great..except they are subject to change anyday, any hour or any minute...kind of hard to stick with the rules if they are not permamently set in writing and are able to be changed at the drop of a hat by any supervisor at a terminal. :hide:

You really have to love the redshirts who know everything because "I went to college". I learned more from the older guys any day.

CT Driver

I agree with your post, except this part...

Any CEO worth his salt has to be be losing sleep in tackling this problem

CEO's don't give a rats *** about the employees. He/She cares only about the stockholders and the board. Why do you think you are the first to go when money has to be saved instead of bloated GO's?

Also, you know how certain words now turn green and they are little ads? When you put your cursor over the word "environment", an ad for Exxon pops up. Make me laugh.