ABF | Latest Rumor from 003 KC

stickman

TB Lurker
Credits
Just talked to a roadman who came in from 003. He claims someone got the suits on tour on tape talking about the launch of a NEW carrier flying the ABC flag. Supposedly all owner operator and no its not PANTHER. As I said this is RUMOR at this point to me.If you have any info on this we would all like to know. Thanks,Stick

Sounds like their new line haul operation to me.

Just talked to a roadman who came in from 003. He claims someone got the suits on tour on tape talking about the launch of a NEW carrier flying the ABC flag. Supposedly all owner operator and no its not PANTHER. As I said this is RUMOR at this point to me.If you have any info on this we would all like to know. Thanks,Stick

Then they can do their own sub-contracting while the road sits at home....KK

Really guys, Rumors from Kansas city driver. That equals to no credibility at all.How many bad rumors can be out there.

Really guys, Rumors from Kansas city driver. That equals to no credibility at all.How many bad rumors can be out there.
On one hand I agree with you but a little birdie told me another rumor and the pieces of the puzzle fit together. It has been said repeatedly on here and apparently some of you aren't listening and using your heads. ABF is about to go through a major transformation, 'yes' or 'no' on this T/A and it is not going to be for the better for us. I have read a post claiming the that elders will vote for this on the premise that they just need a year or two and they're done and I disagree. The elders are the wiser and will not be in favor of this deal. How do the youngers feel? If I were one of them I'd see my vacation going out the window and say F U. When this metamorphosis takes place those are the ones who will suffer the most. Those with whiskers will retain their cushy positions while the youngsters get the shaft...Split shifts, nighttime UE runs, sitting at home while contractors do their work and more. Just you wait and see-if this goes through. ABF did not propose the language they did just so they could sit on their haunches and let it go by, believe you me. Nothumbleenough and stonehead you'd better wise up before it's too late. If you sent your ballots in already I recommend requesting another and send it in, the second one is the one that will get counted. Stand up now or remain forever on your knees, and I have the time and circumstances to hit the road in 1.5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a road driver in kc, I have not heard this and news travels fast here, also rumors started by a select few here that are quite the bunch!! Also no truth to thr rumors of fists fights over this contract! I would say this terminal is about 50/50 yes/no... everyone fairly respectful of each other, one brush up while sr magmnt was here but just words... good luck on decisions... no for me...

On one hand I agree with you but a little birdie told me another rumor and the pieces of the puzzle fit together. It has been said repeatedly on here and apparently some of you aren't listening and using your heads. ABF is about to go through a major transformation, 'yes' or 'no' on this T/A and it is not going to be for the better for us. I have read a post claiming the that elders will vote for this on the premise that they just need a year or two and they're done and I disagree. The elders are the wiser and will not be in favor of this deal. How do the youngers feel? If I were one of them I'd see my vacation going out the window and say F U. When this metamorphosis takes place those are the ones who will suffer the most. Those with whiskers will retain their cushy positions while the youngsters get the shaft...Split shifts, nighttime UE runs, sitting at home while contractors do their work and more. Just you wait and see-if this goes through. ABF did not propose the language they did just so they could sit on their haunches and let it go by, believe you me. Nothumbleenough and stonehead you'd better wise up before it's too late. If you sent your ballots in already I recommend requesting another and send it in, the second one is the one that will get counted. Stand up now or remain forever on your knees, and I have the time and circumstances to hit the road in 1.5 years.

I don’t know about everyone else but when I was young I did not worry so much about my job. If I got mad or upset I started looking for another job. Sometimes I found one before I quit and sometimes I just quit. I think life was more interesting then and sometimes I miss the “newness” of life. I hope this T/A does not pass and the company and union will negotiate something we can live, but if not, life may get exciting again. I have enjoyed the uncertainty of the last couple of weeks and I sort of hope it keeps up.

I am a road driver in kc, I have not heard this and news travels fast here, also rumors started by a select few here that are quite the bunch!! Also no truth to thr rumors of fists fights over this contract! I would say this terminal is about 50/50 yes/no... everyone fairly respectful of each other, one brush up while sr magmnt was here but just words... good luck on decisions... no for me...

I think ATL/086 is about 80/20 NO. About the same as the 15% pay cut maybe a few more NO’s this time.

I don’t know about everyone else but when I was young I did not worry so much about my job. If I got mad or upset I started looking for another job. Sometimes I found one before I quit and sometimes I just quit. I think life was more interesting then and sometimes I miss the “newness” of life. I hope this T/A does not pass and the company and union will negotiate something we can live, but if not, life may get exciting again. I have enjoyed the uncertainty of the last couple of weeks and I sort of hope it keeps up.
I like adversity myself but I won't miss this trip when it's over. It's not killing me but I just won't miss it.

But don’t you think it has been fun. The consequences are not so bad. YRC does not have the money to buy ABFS and ABFS management has too much growth in the company to lose it now ($2.2 BILLION). So the real consequences are the T/A.

Does anyone think that if the contract get's voted down that will open the door for YRC to negotiate a buy out...
Or that whole scenario was just a scare tactic to get a yes vote?

Does anyone think that if the contract get's voted down that will open the door for YRC to negotiate a buy out...
Or that whole scenario was just a scare tactic to get a yes vote?
If that does happen im out along with most of the guys i work with. No one wants to work for that outfit, they will be hard pressed to find drivers like they are now. One door closes another one opens, the way i see it as soon as fed ex got into the game it has been all downhill....freight blows....

If that does happen im out along with most of the guys i work with. No one wants to work for that outfit, they will be hard pressed to find drivers like they are now. One door closes another one opens, the way i see it as soon as fed ex got into the game it has been all downhill....freight blows....
But not me, I feel obligated to share my vacation time with YRC management while I'm doing all I can to drag them down. Somehow I don't feel like I'd be alone either. IF YRCW bought out ABFS I believe they'd have a mutiny on their hands that they'd never forget. From all the workers.

The consequences are not so bad. YRC does not have the money to buy ABFS and ABFS management has too much growth in the company to lose it now ($2.2 BILLION). So the real consequences are the T/A.

YRC is so broke they're paying Harry Wilson 500k a month to pursue a merger/takeover of another trucking company. You clearly don't understand who this man is, his background and how this relates to the lenders still calling the shots at a company not making money since 2006.

Since you say you like to research companies, do a check of his background before serving on Obama's car commission. Then come back here and reaffirm your comment about the possibility of ABF being acquired by YRC.

But not me, I feel obligated to share my vacation time with YRC management while I'm doing all I can to drag them down. Somehow I don't feel like I'd be alone either. IF YRCW bought out ABFS I believe they'd have a mutiny on their hands that they'd never forget. From all the workers.

Why would YRC want to pay you 15% more in salary and an additional 12k in yearly pension obligations when they have literally thousands of drivers laid off and willing to come back?

IF YRCW bought out ABFS I believe they'd have a mutiny on their hands that they'd never forget. From all the workers.

I have a difficult time understanding why anyone would mutiny if the contract is voted down considering ABF has been open about such a possibility and said contract literally says such mergers can be turned down.

Now if by some miracle it is approved I see a strong chance of such a mutiny.

I have a difficult time understanding why anyone would mutiny if the contract is voted down considering ABF has been open about such a possibility and said contract literally says such mergers can be turned down.

Now if by some miracle it is approved I see a strong chance of such a mutiny.
What is going to happen is already done, the upper management team will leave with a wheelbarrow full of cash & we will be left holding the bag, I don't see what part of this ta benefits us? It's like they want us to vote it down....