Yellow | Lay-offs

I keep going back to this, but it's important. Since 2000 there has been a layoff every year, some longer than others. The same guys get it over and over, since we haven't hired full time since then. We all know in this business we have to "pay our dues". My opinion, my brothers have paid more than most. They deserve better and RDWY can do better, but continue to lay them off. I know I'm beating that dead horse, but I feel that some RDWY big shots read these fourms and may be able to do something about it. DS.

By the way..........671 laid off 18 men last night and there was OT like crazy today, both forced and 6th and 7th punches. Makes sense to me?!?:chairshot: DS.

Thats why roadway cant get enough people to work for them when they need them. Back in the day we were paid way more then other companys. Now fed ex and other companys are paying what we make or more. We should be at ups rate of 28.00 an hour but this is the new breed of teamsters, week.

contract needs to be changed next time around to force overtime to the brothers on layoff. Be better to give those hours to the juniors to help retain quality drivers. Just a managmant tool "layoffs" to keep the numbers down.

YellowColoredTrucks said:
what does 6th and 7th punches mean?
Hey YCT......In a 5 day workweek, time worked on your 6th day, or time clock punch, is paid at time and a half. Time worked on your 7th punch is paid at double time. This is overtime outside of your regular work week, and in our supplement it is all voluntary. DS.

Here is what they are doing out here in S Cal. Most of the smaller terminals 827,823 and so on, have people on layoff. However Bloomington is so busy they are letting Blue Book drivers ( P&D ) work as Red Book drivers, Line haul. So they have posted all around the drivers room that all Linehaul drivers on the Bloomington board can work as many hours as you want or until you run out of hours. They can't even send you home if they want to. If they do you file and get paid up to 14 HRS. We only have 197 Line haul drivers on the board and I'm not sure about casuals and now alot of P&D drivers from all over the district. I believe we are the last linehaul board that is Hourly. A 14 HR day = $371.62. Not a bad deal. Unlimited over time for our board and the people on layoff get to work. Happy Holidays if you can survive the hours.

And I know you will ask, Yes we do have some milage runs Las vegas, Sacramento, Santa Maria and others but most drivers are houly.

Wish I knew, I can say today we had a live band, and a catered food feast. Safty related but pretty cool. Band was pretty good. Pink floyd, Robin Trower and Blues. Pretty cool.

Indy dock laying off 5 this weekend. offering 4 hours over today and called for coming in early. Go figure this bull____ out. Still forced OT some shifts last week.
Yellow driver says no one laid off and company putting drivers on dock and CC this week.

In St. Louis they were forced to hire one of the casuals on the dock and layed her off immediately. I heard they are laying 4 more off this weekend.

Layed-off 10 from the dock this week in Nashville.Still asking for overtime but not forcing it yet. A.T.M. told the ones layed off it was due to frt.levels.

here at 381 (omaha,nebraska) we have 8 layed off. and dont worry our broters are stepping up to the plate and working the overtime. hooray!!! for teamster brotherhood... and to top that i got a call last : night tellin me that they are closing the term. at lincoln,nebaska. 1/14/07. not laying off just close the whole term.. well here we go. i can see it coming --labor day is just 11 months away. didnt they close cf on labor day?????:duh:

here at 381 (omaha,nebraska) we have 8 layed off. and dont worry our broters are stepping up to the plate and working the overtime. hooray!!! for teamster brotherhood... and to top that i got a call last : night tellin me that they are closing the term. at lincoln,nebaska. 1/14/07. not laying off just close the whole term.. well here we go. i can see it coming --labor day is just 11 months away. didnt they close cf on labor day?????:duh:

Well if there closing the terminal, there has to be some notice posting that, and offering of a change.

At 341 10 ppl. are laid off 5 dock and 5 p&d drivers. They tell us this is going to be a soft lay off? That's what they said last year then a couple of weeks later 5 more got it and we were informed what a hard layoff was.

Had 3 laid off two weeks ago , 2 worked back on as they broke lay off. Had a spike in frt here both O/B & I/B wise as the stores are loading up on for "Black Friday".

Fr8man @ 341 is there anything in your supplement that has laid off men can be turned on their 8's.