Yellow | Lay-offs

here at 381 (omaha,nebraska) we have 8 layed off. and dont worry our broters are stepping up to the plate and working the overtime. hooray!!! for teamster brotherhood... and to top that i got a call last : night tellin me that they are closing the term. at lincoln,nebaska. 1/14/07. not laying off just close the whole term.. well here we go. i can see it coming --labor day is just 11 months away. didnt they close cf on labor day?????:duh:
So if they close Lincolin, won't those men be comming to Omaha?

yes, if they close lincoln then yes i would think all of them would come to omaha.but they seem to think that if that happens they would all have lincoln bids lol but we all know what will happen ,the tom in omaha will **** away that frt. just like he did here in omaha. here in omaha we need someone that wants frt. when i startd for rdwy they were the no 1 term in the reigon and now we are loosing $. what a shame . thought i had a great co to work for. sucks to be me...:duh:

Indy laid off the six dock starting last sunday.
Six and seventh punches available and offering 4 early, 4 over every day since. forced all shifts 2 over yesterday. Did not work any of laid off yet.

Well the 10 men they layed off in Nashville last week all put back on yesterday.They've been calling all week-end for o/t and making sure the person doing the calling tells everyone that the layed-offs are back on.

Well the 10 men they layed off in Nashville last week all put back on yesterday.They've been calling all week-end for o/t and making sure the person doing the calling tells everyone that the layed-offs are back on.
Hey 434CFer.......671 could get more guys to work the O/T if they called the 18 guys back!! We were working 6th and 7th punches 3-4 days a week with all men on full time. Now they are laid-off we are still working them?!? Just guys like myself won't sign up while guys are laid off. I've been forced 2 hrs everyday for the last 2 weeks, same for most of the other shifts. Seems trying to save $$ by not working the guys near holidays doesn't work. Someone tell me, why it's done then?!? Looks like trying to divide the workers......:chairshot: .........DS.

Layed off 5 permanent here at 107,well at least untill sping time.More to come so iv'e heard.And they just put two more guys on the list.Go figure!

As of today 11/27/06 341 laid off 5 more men in p&d, so now were at 10 p&d and 5 dock on letter lay off. And like many other barns with people laid off they are extending shifts by 2 and 3 hours and 6th and 7th punches offered

What I can tell there is about a 15% layoff, across the board. Now, are your L/O guys working or is it a "hard" layoff? Last year at 671 was the first time that laid off men didn't work when laid off. Our L/O men are set up for one day on 12/9. I'm sure that when they come in they will be set up for the second week of Jan., keeping them from earning any holiday pay and locking them in to be called back as soon as AGO says they can come back to regular status. DS.

So far they are just on a soft lay off status, and all but 2 are taking calls or set up's. Two on the dock board have signed themselves out of service.

Trying to think without going through the posts, but has any drivers gotten laid off? Don't recall anyone saying that there were.

Good luck on getting your call, been sitting 50 hrs so far. #9 at 9.5... How much you want to bet on more lay-offs next week.