Yellow | Layoff #'s @ Your Barn

Thats already happened to the tune of 61 billion. which puts the fund up to 70 to 75 percent.

I don't think it is a done deal yet.I think by the end of the month when all the UPS parcel votes are in ,Then you will be able to say it.Most of the UPS drivers that I have spoken to think that this contract is the greatest deal ever bargained..I think they are in for a real awakening:funky:

UPS is making this a sweetheart deal upfront but watch what happens when they get full CONTROL of their pension plan......They are going to cut their figures and reduce their costs. They aren't getting out of the Central States Plan to help out their working Teamsters as they are making it look like, but are padding their own fat pockets. UPS didn't ge where they are by giving their $$$ away, watch what happens... The offer looks good now but look in a couple of years and I am sure it will be a much different story...I hope that I am wrong, but.....

I will firmly agree with POOR management, it is throughout the company.. They seem to be getting rid of who is good and keeping the bad...
CNC has not laid off y on the dock yet but you can see it coming.. business is slow..

Ollie, I have been with yellow almost 26 years and surely they have reached the bottom of the barrel on management. I really miss Ole George , he would kick someones a## for what they have done to his company.

Ollie, I have been with yellow almost 26 years and surely they have reached the bottom of the barrel on management. I really miss Ole George , he would kick someones a## for what they have done to his company.
21+ years here and I agree. We've become another typical corporate America numbers crunching machine. We all see things done on a daily basis which are bad for the Company's bottom line but good for some Mgr's personal numbers. Brilliant. All they think about is their numbers and could care less about the overall good of the Company. It's a joke.

screwed in indy

transferred in indy from col in sept just to get cc everyday they just laid off 12 where in the hell is all the freight cincy and rfo clve ?

transferred in indy from col in sept just to get cc everyday they just laid off 12 where in the hell is all the freight cincy and rfo clve ?

12???

We had 4 laid off-- then as of this past Sunday (11/11) we laid off 4 more (equalling 8). Did we lay off more yesterday????? I do know we CC'd on a Monday-- for drivers as well as dock, and that's unheard of. To some extent, it's a timing thing. At noon, we're putting drivers on the dock and CCing. By evening, we're getting overtime....

CVE/RFO layoffs rumored to be 62 road, 13 dock/yard, 2 clerical, 9 city! Local management being pushed hard to do more with less....next conference call could call for even more layoffs! Long/cold/cruel winter ahead?!

It is amazing the way they play with our lives
I hate hearing this b/s
what board are you on stevie
Are all of your boards slow
or just certain ones
We are hearing about a 10% cut company wide
Dont know if it is true or another rumor
I think the latter
But we all now whats going to happen after April 1st
All of a sudden it will break wide open again
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Shut Down in Kansas City Again! B.S.

This is getting old! Went to Salt Lake and was sent back to Kansas City. Shut down and couldn't turn at the window. They laid off 10. Oh boy they laid off the bottom guys that werent working anyway. I am hearing the company is railing most of the freight. Deliberatly to drive the stock price down. So they can justify letting DHL aquire YRC Worldwide. The stock price is declining almost by .75 cpw. Now its somewhere around $20 per share. What the hell?

I went to a customer Monday to pick up an Exact Express going to CGB area. When I got there, I was told that Yellow's Customer Service Center had called back and arranged to be picked-up by a "dedicated:wtflol:" truck. I am unclear why they would do this. It looks to me like if the customer called it in, and Yellow knew they couldn't make the guaranteed date, they shouldn't have taken the call in the first place.
I was unable to find out the specifics on the shipment, or who the carrier was that got it.

Then mgmnt. wants to cry about how slow it is, and that we are on the verge of a lay-off here. Tends to make the big puzzle a lot easier to solve, huh?