FedEx Freight | Layoff victims

I was at freight in cincy friday-couldnt get the same answer twice when i ask what happend!! i think the bottom 2 extra board drivers went to the city-didnt find out if they were just running the city or they had to change job class.and i dont think anyone is real clear about the ft dock guys.heard 5 was let go-heard 2 let go 3 went to part time-there was only 1 name i kept hearing. he left the day they told them.dont know if he got pissed and left or what ?? indy guys are working till this coming friday..I THINK..

This company has treated us well for years, I really hate to see anyone lose there jobs, but if your still here making $40 to $100 thousand a year and are not smart enough to be thankful then hit the F.......ing road. Tired of hear ungrateful people whinn.

I will tell you now, that I am the first one who hasn't forgotten where I came from. I worked for some of the WORST companies out there. So if you think I am ungrateful, you can shut your suck hole! I know we are compensated very well, but that also doesn't give you the right to treat me like CRAP! Stop drinking the purple kool-aid sucka:chairshot::chairshot:

I'm one of the San Jose GO employees that lost my job due to the closure of that facility. Most of chose NOT to relocate to Harrison or Lakeland. Thus far there's been no media announcement of this anywhere, not even in the local San Jose press.

I assume this announcement is for additional layoffs?

esarde :1036316054:

Welcome to Truckingboards.com

FedEx cutting 540 jobs in its trucking businesses Memphis Commercial Appeal

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/479692-post1.html

FedEx to cut 540 trucking jobs : Business News : Memphis Commercial Appeal

The memo outlined changes that will affect personnel at 150 facilities across the Freight and National LTL network: 280 employees at Freight East, 170 at Freight West and 90 at National LTL.

The San Jose GO event is OLD news. This is new news.

:popcorn:

I'm one of the San Jose GO employees that lost my job due to the closure of that facility. Most of chose NOT to relocate to Harrison or Lakeland. Thus far there's been no media announcement of this anywhere, not even in the local San Jose press.

I assume this announcement is for additional layoffs?

National news had it when Doug Duncan announced it back in June.

Others, like Southwest, FedEx (FDX, Fortune 500), Aflac (AFL, Fortune 500), Toyota Motor North America and Erie Insurance (ERIE) may not have a formal policy ruling out layoffs, but say that there is no history of layoffs and no plans to lay off workers going forward.

In addition, if the company has to go back on it's word, anything it says after that, "could be perceived as one more promise that will be broken," according Michael Maslansky, CEO of Luntz Maslansky Research, a market research firm.

But on the upside, many of the companies with no-layoff policies say that their employees are particularly loyal and hard working.
"If you go into one of our plants and see our people in action it'll be clear how productive and committed they are,"

Even in recession, some employers stick to no-layoff policy - Dec. 11, 2008

Well, they can call it a "90 day layoff" all they want. All the FT Dockworkers at LTL in Cincy were told to clean out their lockers. And I was told by a mechanic that, in a meeting at the shop they were told that noone in the shop would be a victim of the "90 day layoff". Well someone asked if they were to be laid off, should they expect to be brought back after the ninety days. The Hub manager giving the meeting said, "In this economy, I wouldn't count on it!"

I don't wanna be a downer but, there is a fine line between optimism and being naive.

Welcome to the Boards Gotmusic

Thanks. I post on another message board. A fan board for a musician. I just can't get over how nice ya'll are to each other. I'm used to a bunch of arguing on these things.

The politicians don't really care they get payed regardless.People need to wake up and see the two party system has caused the problem including a lot of greed.The federal reserve has killed are dollar.Republican's and Democrats have allowed are job's shipped over seas.

MEM bottom 10 dock workers had choice part-time (call if we need you) or layoff.I understood it right bottom 5 road driver's go -n- to bottom of city board.It will get worse in 2009.Were headed for a depression and it will be worse than 1929.look up Peter Schiff and Gerald Celente.They were telling people about this years ago so i believe what they say about what's to come.Search them on youtube.

I believe you are right. Was told by our scm last week that the next 3 weeks are critical for me and 3 others. I guess he wanted to give me a heads up just in case. Its always something!

Notice that the ONLY things that make the news is what Fedex wants/allows to make the news.No negatives -hardly-until this layoff article.
Then too,funny strange,not funny ha ha.
Last meeting we had where a talking head showed up-they're all videos now,ala Orwells 1984,we were told how wonderful we were and how we out perform just about all the other companies.Things were great in spite of the economy."We're holding our own",even growing-not as much as we projected,but growth nevertheless.
The dawn of 7/14/08(no apparent correlation to the anniversary of the French Revolution) arrives and WE did a 180.we're no longer part of the team but a neccessary expenditure,like a log of fire wood to be utilized,burned up/out then discarded.
Firings/layoffs,I like Mike Moses interpretation of firing,"Separated Employment".
Makes you feel warm and fuzzy,doesn't it.
While on this rant I would like to point out that when we were VIKING FREIGHT SYSTEM there were no layoffs.Voluntary trips,days or hour reductions so that other Vikings could work.AND IT WORKED!!! Enough so that Mr. Smith saw the merits of it and purchased it.Now,it doesn't work?Is it the system or the people running it?
For all you company apologists-and you know who you are-you can spout the corporate speak all you want.Truth is what Fedex is doing to people is cruel and unusual punishment.
Also,if you think your dedicated loyality will garner you a favorable position in this mess,think again, you will enjoy separated employment just like the rest of us.
Hand on to you red shirts you'll need them for your Santa outfit while ringing the bell at Wal-Mart for donations at Christmas.
Oh,Yes MERRY CHRISTMAS

Does anyone know if the company is going to be paying unemployment for these individual's that are being affected by the layoffs. From my understanding, Fedex likes to fight paying any unemployment benefits. For all those affected by this unfortunate event, My heart goes out to you and your families.

in this case: I would think there is nothing to fight: they will pay:
I have never gotten unemployment benifits, but I will most likely find
out come monday

It's business not personal.Fedex is in the game to make Money.That's what America has become,this isn't the place my Grandfather use to speak of.The Democrat and Republican party is the cause,also Corporation and Banks.You are witnessing the wholesale of America to the highest bidder.We have lost just about all of are manufacturing job's to China and Mexico.So go shop at walmart they started the overseas craze.I do anything in my power not to shop there.Also it gets worse go to you tube look up peter schiff and gerald celente. They will give a idea of whats to come.

then go to work for another company

Why are you so defensive when it comes to people voicing honest concerns and pointing out hypocrisy from this company? This company doesn't need you defending it, nor do they care if you do. It won't get you one more hour of employment when you're on the chopping block.

The fact is that this company made a whole lot of money for many many years and in return we are now witnessing the true essence of corporate America. The pure insensitivity with which these job cuts were announced makes it perfectly clear just how flawed this company is. Unapologetic, ruthless, crass. How do we get these people off the property before they can steal our office supplies? That's who you work for.

Get a hold of yourself, the purple whatever the f*** it's called will still be there when you get to work.

the purple whatever the f*** it's called will still be there when you get to work.
Maybe, maybe not. You just don't know now a days.
The pure insensitivity with which these job cuts were announced makes it perfectly clear just how flawed this company is.
I agree with you. They care nothing for the people who make FedEx work. Cut as many as they can so they can stay in their big mansions and look down on the rest of us while they enjoy a warm and fuzzy Christmas. Thanks FedEx!!!!!!!!