Holland | Layoffs

Three line haul drivers bumped into the city today, making a total of four drivers layoff from line. Can’t really say layoff, cause of the bump into the city.
Did they actually "bump" or do they come in at the bottom just ahead of casuals like they do at our terminal?

We have one master seniority board. When they layoff the road they come into the city and retain their seniority. In April we have cross over bids for the road and city, this only happens in April.

Holding the companies feet to the fire (contract) is far from crying. Most of the greviances at our barn come from our drivers while at the eastern terminals performing work that the men out there won't do or try and protect their own jobs. I guess if you call standing up to the company crying then so be it. We will just keep collecting the penalty for doing the work that they won't.:hide: :chairshot:

Way to stand up........kick and pick. Cross docking to protect your own jobs........enough said:hysterical:

Holding the companies feet to the fire (contract) is far from crying. Most of the greviances at our barn come from our drivers while at the eastern terminals performing work that the men out there won't do or try and protect their own jobs. I guess if you call standing up to the company crying then so be it. We will just keep collecting the penalty for doing the work that they won't.:hide: :chairshot:

Easy Fellows, we are all on the same side remember.(Rank and File.)

Like I said - we just collected for cross-docking (2hr penalty) and performing dock word of hooking our own unit while dock was open (another 2hr penalty) AND THE MEN AT THAT TERMINAL WERE NOT INTERESTED IN THE INFO SO THEY COULD PROTECT THEIR JOBS. The next violation of this type is planned to ask for 4hrs penalty until the company agrees to stop this pratice.But I guess we just sit aroud here and cry about how we are treated here in the midwest (fly over country).A member that posted on the old board here used to say everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts. Nuf said.:smilie_132:

Same side ?? Some people seem to want to paint with an awful wide brush and need to wake up and smell the coffee.:smilie_132:

Company man ?? If our labor rep or term mgr could read that they would die laughing. My replies were to wireman addressing his coment on the midwest crybabies and it was explained that from our view we are just making Holland follow contract and not afraid to confront them on these issues.As far as the complaint on the kick and pick,long before I came to work here the kick and pick was brought in and I was aware of this and it was my decision to hire on anyway. Nobody held a gun to anyone to accept this practice.I know where this is coming from and people need to get over it or work from within to make any changes.
As far as the comment of being a company man please read my old post from the begining and ask around the system if that is the opinion of others. I really don't have more time to banter this back and forth so I hope everyone has a great night.

Company man ?? If our labor rep or term mgr could read that they would die laughing. My replies were to wireman addressing his coment on the midwest crybabies and it was explained that from our view we are just making Holland follow contract and not afraid to confront them on these issues.As far as the complaint on the kick and pick,long before I came to work here the kick and pick was brought in and I was aware of this and it was my decision to hire on anyway. Nobody held a gun to anyone to accept this practice.I know where this is coming from and people need to get over it or work from within to make any changes.
As far as the comment of being a company man please read my old post from the begining and ask around the system if that is the opinion of others. I really don't have more time to banter this back and forth so I hope everyone has a great night.

Damn, a little jumpy on the company man comment.........lol. The truth must be around here somewhere.:nutkick:

Hey, I wasn't trying to offend you, I just didn't understand the paintin with a broad brush statement. I thought you implied you weren't (rank and file) if you were offended by us all being on the same team. as for asking around the system about you, I wouldn't have a clue who to ask. The only driver I see down here out of Indy, occasionally, made fun of James A out of Louisville because he worked past retirement age, now this driver has turned into the samething that he used to talk so badly about behind James back.:hysterical: and I don't have a clue who you are. Hope you had a good night , I have to get ready for my day at work.:smilie_132:

No not jumpy just proud to be a teamster after being on both sides of the union non-union fence a couple of times. I do take a little pride in my work and also working under a contract that defines what is OK and what is not and making sure the company plays by the rules. We are in a changing career field and must learn to change to survive but that dosen't mean giving up the farm. You have to choose you battles wisely and be patient. So I'll go back to my midwest crying club tonite and ya'll have a great weekend.:smilie_132:

No not jumpy just proud to be a teamster after being on both sides of the union non-union fence a couple of times. I do take a little pride in my work and also working under a contract that defines what is OK and what is not and making sure the company plays by the rules. We are in a changing career field and must learn to change to survive but that dosen't mean giving up the farm. You have to choose you battles wisely and be patient. So I'll go back to my midwest crying club tonite and ya'll have a great weekend.:smilie_132:

Enough said Indy, I'm with you. :hissyfit: :gathering:

They have an ad for a LINEHAUL driver at the Allentown, PA terminal. I would think you guys pay well. Do you have seperate boards for linehaul and what's the pay structure?