FedEx Freight | Layoffs?

day-6 ind-10 layoffs

Listen, This board is a great place for people to vent and exchange ideas. However when we are talking about people loosing there jobs, I for one would appreciate truthful information and not rumors.

If you are going to post a rumor than please say it is a rumor. I work with a lot of guys who are hearing these rumors and are getting all stressed out.

Las Vegas lost 1 bid so far. Used to have 6 extra's, now we will have 7. The bids are still posted and we are currently in the bid process.

Bids have been posted in Bhm, the only changes were the afternoon runs were moved to late morning. No talk of any layoffs.

the southern region of ???? cali?

mudder :1036316054:

THEBADCOOLOMULLET, was just using old Viking lingo.
We used to have 4 divisions.

Southern Region: All So. Cal. includes BKF.
Central Region: All No. Cal. includes Reno, NV
Northwest Region: All of OR, WA, ID, MT,
Eastern Region: All of AZ, NM, UT, CO, WY, Las Vegas, NV.

this gives you a rough idea.

:popcorn:

thank u 4 the nice welcome river17. hope we can weather this storm together, i think its gonna get worse though

heather wizz :1036316054:

All we can do is stay positive and leave the negative thoughts to others.
The only problem is that during times like these with the economy having a major hiccup, it is forcing many families and corporations to tighten their belts to weather this storm.
We are making changes at the same time and that causes other problems also.
The little 3 in Detroit are coming to realize with this financial credit freeze crisis that they have to make major changes to stay viable going forward.
At the same time the greenies in Congress are putting a gun to the Little 3's head by forcing them to build smaller fuel efficient cars (battery/electric/hybrid/solar power) that many folks refuse to buy. Now with the price of oil coming down many people will find that they will rather keep their larger gas guzzling cars for a while longer. At least till this new technology gets better and cheaper.
Six months from now things should slowly get better. I hope.

:TR10driving03:

Here in IND we didn't lay any off but we took the last out on all the bids and put them on xtra board. Now we have 34 xtra board bids.

I would think a layoff would go by job class, not company seniority. It should go by job class since we chose to work road or city for whatever reason. There are pros and cons to each board, and we should live whith those pros and cons.

I was told if they layoff it will go by company seniority within that job classification. I was also told that I would be able to "bump" a dock worker because a CDL has higher preference than a dock worker.

layoffs go by company seniority period, i know this to be a fact because i transfered one to the other and back again,and i personally asked the big wigs and that was what i was told, now i am not saying fedex can do whatever they want to anytime they want to but this is supposed to be the current policy, and the only fair policy we have, please dont press seniority thing it only makes me green and you wont like me when im green lol

I hope you are right JungleJim, I spoke with human resources last week and am relaying what I was told. If it goes by company seniority alone I have alot under me, if not I only have one under me on the road and will be the second to go. Human resource did not say I could bump from road to city. Was only told I could bump a dock worker.

I hope you are right JungleJim, I spoke with human resources last week and am relaying what I was told. If it goes by company seniority alone I have alot under me, if not I only have one under me on the road and will be the second to go. Human resource did not say I could bump from road to city. Was only told I could bump a dock worker.
You can't bump road to city, or vice versa, however if there are less senior (by co time) drivers on the road even if they are above you by board seniority, you will stay and they will go.

FM

I would think a layoff would go by job class, not company seniority. It should go by job class since we chose to work road or city for whatever reason. There are pros and cons to each board, and we should live whith those pros and cons.

so you are saying our #1 company seniority driver who is next to last on the road board should be the first to go because he chose to get his kids grown before coming to the road?

I don't think so driver:chairshot: