FedEx Freight | Layoffs?

so you are saying our #1 company seniority driver who is next to last on the road board should be the first to go because he chose to get his kids grown before coming to the road?

I don't think so driver:chairshot:

Im with you Jeff.:1036316054:

so you are saying our #1 company seniority driver who is next to last on the road board should be the first to go because he chose to get his kids grown before coming to the road?

Lets just hope FedEx is NOT that dumb! Time should have it's rewards for sure.
:clap:

I don't think he should go, as in leave the co however I do think he should have to go back to the city and since he's being forced bump in at his time there, last hired first fired should be the rule, as it is now a 12 year guy would lose his job over someone that was hired days ago...

FM

When I switched I was told layoff's were by co seniority within the job class. It makes for some weird scenarios, but I personally wouldn't have made the switch if it wasn't that way!

A guy with 12 year's would not lose his job to a new hire, the guy who was hired last would be laid off reguardless of job class seniority.

You are assuming that the powers that be would even care about a drivers personal situation. It has been my expieriance that they could give a rats patootie!!!

Talked to Human Resource and they said that the layoffs have been put on hold. Not sure why, but the bids have also been pulled. The terminals that already posted bids have been taken down.

Cat if you believe HR reps, I got several acres of ocean front property I'll sell you. Think about it. Who runs HR? Fed Ex!!!

I would think a layoff would go by job class, not company seniority. It should go by job class since we chose to work road or city for whatever reason. There are pros and cons to each board, and we should live whith those pros and cons.

I think we should go to one list barn seniorty it would stop all this Im;e #1 city road crap. bid every 6 mo road city thats that road bid get snuffed you go to back of city list untill next bid whats so hard about that two list is stuppid

When I switched I was told layoff's were by co seniority within the job class. It makes for some weird scenarios, but I personally wouldn't have made the switch if it wasn't that way!

A guy with 12 year's would not lose his job to a new hire, the guy who was hired last would be laid off reguardless of job class seniority.

just heard pocono let 6 full time dock workers go. lost 6 bids and told drivers buy company sen. you have 3 choices resign,transfer,or go to city i think that is called a layoff

Some of my full time counter parts at National tell me they are expecting about 20 full time dock hands to be laid off. Don't know if this is true but one full timer told me he is expecting to get laid off in January. He doesn't know for sure but think after the Christmas rush, (which I don't see happening since it's been SUPER slow), they are going to lay off some full timers. At least they're waiting until after the holidays. They want to make it like freight, partime dock and only full time dock will be driver/dock. If there is any truth to this, please let me know.

Lay offs officially started today at National in Cincinnati. Bottom six full time dock guys. Positions will be eliminated in 90 days if they don't need them by then.

I personally just got laid off in YNG. Guess I should say I have my option of 90 volunteer lay off or bump a dock worker. After 90 days if a road position does not open I lose my driver status and become a full time dock worker on the bottom of the city board.

I personally just got laid off in YNG. Guess I should say I have my option of 90 volunteer lay off or bump a dock worker. After 90 days if a road position does not open I lose my driver status and become a full time dock worker on the bottom of the city board.

Take a full time dock worker spot?? We have 8 full time dockworkers that don't even get close to forty hours because of all the part time workers..

Rumer...Or Truth..........

Heard a Rumer this morning that the company told the road driver's in Cleveland that they will be stayin home cause it;s cheaper for the company to use U.S.Exprress to pull their outbound frieght,Like I sayed I don't know how true this actually is.

Layoffs in Denver

I only know of the city and dock positons because I am one of the city drivers.

10 city drivers and 10 dock workers :TR10driving03:

If people top of the board would take a day off and let others run , we may get by without seeing any . Time are hard and getting harder , button down the hatches and get ready for a rough ride .

we lost 2 city drivers today
I was one of them
the 19th is our last day: the fri. before Christmas
if things pick up in the next 90 days: said they would call us back