SAIA | Layoffs!!

I don't work for Saia but what is a DMD? No matter what the offense was it happened a few years ago.How can a company practice that kind of unfair labor practice? Blows my mind

Yeah...I'm gonna call BS on that buddy. Don't take the high and mighty road without knowing what this does to people. Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge. Layoffs are really crappy. Saia did a favor for themselves, not the employees. Take off the blinders.
I would be more inclined to think he would cs them, just like I'm sure he did Overnite

I would walk away with my head held high knowing that whatever happens in my life God is directing my path. If the worst thing this company can do is fire me then I feel truly blessed. As long as I have my health, hope and faith and the love of my family then I have everything. I would just walk with no bitterness. At my age you start to understand that God directs your course and that he has better things in store for me. It is not the things that happen to us that determine the quality of our life, it is strictly our attitude toward the things that happen.
Philosophical approach to life.
Yeah...I'm gonna call BS on that buddy. Don't take the high and mighty road without knowing what this does to people. Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge. Layoffs are really crappy. Saia did a favor for themselves, not the employees. Take off the blinders.
You are so cynical it's sickening. Do you not have a soul? Do you not believe in a higher power? Are you so pragmatic that you believe in only things that you can see? Nothing happens by accident and everything in your life was meant to be that way. We all are constantly tested. It's how you face difficult things in your life that determines your character. It's all in your attitude. If you read my post you would find it's a common theme with me. Life is a time for learning. We must learn that our life is as important as that of any other person on earth, but never more important. (yes even the homeless man that ask you for money) We must learn that we have every right to happiness, yet it is up to us to find and recognize it. We must learn that life is not easy nor is it permanent, others will come and go, and often their departure will cause us pain. We must learn to develop a positive attitude that can handle life's disappointments. And we must learn that in order to find love, we must look inside ourselves. For if we can't find it within, we will never find it without.:grouphug:

Actually RAT you have your head stuck so far up your ass you can't see what's directly in front of you.
You and Buck must be married. You guys are the ultimate cynics. No doubt both of you are atheist. I become philosophical and all you guys can do is mock. Both of you are real class acts. I will pray for you two.

Last edited:
You and Buck must be married. You guys are the ultimate cynics. No doubt both of you are atheist. I become philosophical and all you guys can do is mock. Both of you are real class acts. I will pray for you two.
Don't pray for me, I'm agnostic,again seek professional help for your problems. You are so consumed with begin righteous you actually believe that crap you spout , seriously RAT seek the help of a professional.

4ADsLqG.jpg

Don't pray for me, I'm agnostic,again seek professional help for your problems. You are so consumed with begin righteous you actually believe that crap you spout , seriously RAT seek the help of a professional.
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." Albert Einstein ..... "I want to know God's thoughts ... the rest are details." Albert Einstein .... "I do not believe that the Good Lord plays dice." ..... Albert Einstein .... "When the solution is simple, God is answering." ...... Albert Einstein ..... "Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to the mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player." ... Albert Einstein ..... I think he's on to something Joe but what does Einstein know?

Last edited:
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." Albert Einstein ..... "I want to know God's thoughts ... the rest are details." Albert Einstein .... "I do not believe that the Good Lord plays dice." ..... Albert Einstein .... "When the solution is simple, God is answering." ...... Albert Einstein ..... "Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to the mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player." ... Albert Einstein ..... I think he's on to something Joe but what does Einstein know?
He didn't know how to use a comb.

I don't work for Saia but what is a DMD? No matter what the offense was it happened a few years ago.How can a company practice that kind of unfair labor practice? Blows my mind
Its a desicion making day. The layoff in 2015 and they looked at anybody w dicilpine for 12 months past. So 2014. It takes ALOT to get a Ddmd. guy saidTM damn near cried when he got one LOL

Last time I checked, God doesn't handle the layoffs at Saia. That was my TM. And when that happened, God didn't pay my bills or feed my family. That was MY responsibility. We could go on and on about this and make no headway. My point is, as has always been, if Saia gave a crap about its people, we wouldn't be having this discussion. What happened to "we care, we share"? I guess not anymore...

Last time I checked, God doesn't handle the layoffs at Saia. That was my TM. And when that happened, God didn't pay my bills or feed my family. That was MY responsibility. We could go on and on about this and make no headway. My point is, as has always been, if Saia gave a crap about its people, we wouldn't be having this discussion. What happened to "we care, we share"? I guess not anymore...
SAIA has a business model that works for them. It serves the betterment of the whole. The same analogy could be used with a tree. When certain branches become burdensome to the overall health of a tree they must be trimmed or the whole tree is at risk. The tree must be pruned. You act as if the people that make these decisions get pleasure from this. They do not. I have been over this ground with you many times and nothing ever changes. You simply refuse to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. In 1602 "Desiderata" was found in the Old Saint Paul's Church. If you have never read it I would encourage you to do so. Your cynicism doesn't look good on you. I believe your an very attractive young lady and with just a little change in your attitude perhaps you could be stunning . And please don't misconstrue my compliment as a form of sexual harassment. After all we have never even met. It's just at my age you start to understand that like happiness beauty is a "inside job."

Last edited:
You mean like the Borg? Face it RAT, SAIA hired you when nobody else would, and when they are are finished with you or they tire of your ass kissing they will kick your bitter ass to the curb, and gods not gonna help.
As usual you just don't get it. You view it as getting kicked to the curb. I do not. God will lead me to something better. It's called "faith" Joe. Something you as an agnostic would know nothing about. Just live and let die is your motto. And that's fine if it works for you. I choose to live my life different. With no professional help needed. My family and my faith is all the help I need. God will always give us challenges but I refuse to cave under pressure. I know that nothing happens by accident. It's all part of the greater plan being directed by the unseen.

Last edited:
As usual you just don't get it. You view it as getting kicked to the curb. I do not. God will lead me to something better. It's called "faith" Joe. Something you as an agnostic would know nothing about. Just live and let die is your motto. And that's fine if it works for you. I choose to live my life different.
So if you get a flat tire your faith will fix it? I'm thinking compressed air will work better than prayer. See RAT you prefer to have "faith" , I prefer to fix the problem, you however would be good at a state job where the theory is if we look at it long enough it will fix itself.

So if you get a flat tire your faith will fix it? I'm thinking compressed air will work better than prayer. See RAT you prefer to have "faith" , I prefer to fix the problem, you however would be good at a state job where the theory is if we look at it long enough it will fix itself.
I could rip this post to shreds but it is very apparent your too close minded. Time to call it a day Joe. Have a good one.

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct, gonna go for a ride on my new bike, the one I bought with money, not faith.
Money that God allowed you to make. Here in Dallas it's raining so that bike would be of no use here today. Just remember this Joe when your riding that bike today that God knows the path you will be taking. I will pray that he keeps you safe from that inattentive driver that's on her cellphone.