Yellow | 'Lazy Teamsters'

The way that I look at this is simple..... That is one weak supervisor. He does not possess the skills needed to be in a supervisor position. If he never challenged the employee for the inefficient movement of the freight, the supervisor should be fired. The efficient movement of freight is the supervisors responsibility. Since he does not have the onions to challenge an employee, he is worthless to the company. The employee will continue to do the same crap, because he was never challenged, and told to shape up. This is just another example of why we are in the trouble that we are in financially. I watch the same stuff go on every day.

Amen brothers ! My TM walked around braaging , a few years back, " They kept me and got rid of the other TM cuz, I got SALES EXPERIENCE! " ----Uhmmmm yeah, like 6 month worth, and we have a sales lady here, that seems to do her job.... FACT IS YOU GOT NO CLUE OF THE O/B ! and how this all works..with the road and all... And as far as the I/B is concerned, you favor some P&D drivers and blow off the others.... ( he pzzs me off, and I'm just glad I ain't married to the guy--which by the way, his wife left him, filed for Divorce a couple years ago... His second marriage, and SHE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A BOYFRIEND ! --- she Just said, "I'm tired of this shtz ! " ( after 15 years) TM was QUITE STUNNED BY THIS ! ( Oh well ! ) WAKE UP TM !

Eveyday, I say to myself...." I know why yer wife divorced you......:biglaugh:

TM got like 30 yrs with comapny and OPS guy got 40 ! yrs.... ( and both are like 58-60 yrs old ) This is a tough battle for me .... But I got the Mohammad Ali attutude... I'm pretty, I'm pretty ! Nobody can touch my pretty face ! I float like a butterfly, sting like a bee !!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I "ain't skeered"... I will take full repsonsibilty for my actions, and my words....

You guys are Teamsters, yo uhave a contract, and a "code of ethics"... I don't... and in today's world , my kids have also taught me, just cuz yer old, don;t automatically grant you the respect, that you know what you're doing "WITH MY LIFE "! ( and the life of others)

Transport topics had a article in it a while back about production of the different work forces.And it stated the most productive workers in the world were union labor. But to them we are still scum.

Well..sometimes this is 50/50...

Sometimes you got parents. Sometimes you start off with the right attitude, but then all that goes sour, cuz of the "uppers" you gotta listen to, even tho it makes no sense to you... Yeah, you DO got a brain, YOU CAN think for yerself... What my boss is tellling me to do, is like asking me to take a long walk off a short pier ! ( And I CAN'T do that ! )

see..this is the way it is, sometimes.... The guy who said he feels like management treats him like scum... try to understand... I work in the office, yet I feel like,-----no... I KNOW, they don't give a rat's patootie, if I get a lunch or dinner today.... and they have NO CLUE of my job, or what it is I do, or don't do..... I am neither union nor salary paid... I am just the rookie, ( as far as they can see)that comes into work, so they, the SUPERS can GO HOME........

But, I KNOW... and it gives me GREAT SATISFATION... when lnehaul calls and the super may answer the phone, yet LINEHAUL...asks to talk to ME ! My supers get P.O'D and slam down the phone, and say."It's for you..."..... See, I work the O/B, and the ROAD is very much a part of my job as well....

Gee... wonder why????

Happy.. I love my job, too.. I just can't stand the people I gotta work with.......

Well..sometimes this is 50/50...

Sometimes you got parents. Sometimes you start off with the right attitude, but then all that goes sour, cuz of the "uppers" you gotta listen to, even tho it makes no sense to you... Yeah, you DO got a brain, YOU CAN think for yerself... What my boss is tellling me to do, is like asking me to take a long walk off a short pier ! ( And I CAN'T do that ! )

see..this is the way it is, sometimes.... The guy who said he feels like management treats him like scum... try to understand... I work in the office, yet I feel like,-----no... I KNOW, they don't give a rat's patootie, if I get a lunch or dinner today.... and they have NO CLUE of my job, or what it is I do, or don't do..... I am neither union nor salary paid... I am just the rookie, ( as far as they can see)that comes into work, so they, the SUPERS can GO HOME........

But, I KNOW... and it gives me GREAT SATISFATION... when lnehaul calls and the super may answer the phone, yet LINEHAUL...asks to talk to ME ! My supers get P.O'D and slam down the phone, and say."It's for you...".....

Gee... wonder why????

Good post..........but i have two children....both boys, I WILL not go home to them from the company that pays for everything they have and bad mouth that company or tell them I didn't do my best today because that company doesn't care about US! You are what your parents make you.......not some supervisor or diapatcher. Do what your parents tought you!

Happy2,
I understand the good work ethic part but do you really believe that any of these Companies care about us...any of us on either side?

Happy2,
I understand the good work ethic part but do you really believe that any of these Companies care about us...any of us on either side?

No I don't.......but I do what my parents taught me. My dad knew that the company he worked for didn't give a darn about him........but he also knew that company provided for his family, so he did his best everyday for that company....as will I for my company.

No I don't.......but I do what my parents taught me. My dad knew that the company he worked for didn't give a darn about him........but he also knew that company provided for his family, so he did his best everyday for that company....as will I for my company.

well... sorry... but in today's world... I tell my 3 kids, well over the age of 25, 2 boys and baby girl, age 27,....

The company is NOt thinking of YOU anymore... YOU must take care of yerself.... That's just all there is to it..and my kids DO listen to their parents... they are good kids... but they also witnessed the downfall of the company ( CF ) and all that came with that, and all that came after that......

As kids, now in their teens.... they knew too, what they once had, and now, do not, after Labor Day 2002...... Hubby had 18 yrs. He was a good man for the company... I can no longer stand by the company "until death do us part".....

<snip>
I can no longer stand by the company &quot;until death do us part&quot;.....

It's a sign of the times that husbands and wives no longer stick with each other &quot;till death do us part&quot; so why in the world should anyone think that companies should feel the same way about employees or vice versa!

It's the world we live in these days.

sunshine enema

Putting the company aside for a moment. Have you ever worked for a sociopath? Unless you have worked for one and know first hand how they operate your statements about one's upbringing aren't fair to those of us who have. I don't care who your parents are and how well you were raised when it comes to a sociopath and the damage they do. Pure evil.

Putting the company aside for a moment. Have you ever worked for a sociopath? Unless you have worked for one and know first hand how they operate your statements about one's upbringing aren't fair to those of us who have. I don't care who your parents are and how well you were raised when it comes to a sociopath and the damage they do. Pure evil.

Hey, Lifer...good point.... As A kid, I grew up, just up the road from a &quot;STATE HOUSE&quot;... These two people, and Grandma, had as many as 17 &quot;state kids&quot; in their single family house , at one time... I went there, as a teen.. I said to myself. &quot;God ! These kids are all living in closets here ! &quot;.... But my point and experience was this...

Of all the &quot;state kids&quot;... over the years... one or two of them, would make it &quot;anyway&quot;....... 15 were failures and a burden to society..one or two made it.... Is this &quot;self repsect&quot;, self preserverence, or what? This is what I have learned as a kid...

I can appreciate Happy's attitude and &quot;ethic&quot;.....but I have also seen the &quot;exception&quot; to the rule.... and I was NEVER beyond my kids..teaching me something new

And it just tears me up sometimes, when my grown children have a &quot;bad attitude&quot; when it comes to labor, and Union jobs... Today... I am at a loss for words to reply to them.... They don't wanna hear what good ole Mom & Dad might have to tell them.... They have witnessed it for themselves....

Well..see... companies used to... They did.. they USED TO care about their employees....

If your a crap employee its because you had crap parents that raised you. Get a real attitude....its yours and nobody elses.
Do you also think that when a fruitcake goes in to a Mickey D's and shoots the place up, that is the parents fault also? I don't. I do understand your point, though. We do need to control our own attitude. Although you can make the argument that mgt. controls our attitude. I do my job everyday. In fact, I do it quite well. I do try to stay positive the best I can, but it is tough when your surrounded by negativity. Hopefully, the people with the worst attitudes don't live that way at home. They should separate home from work. The only reason that I can manage to stay positive at work is because I have an excellent life away from work.:1036316054:

:shades:I started to work for this company 27 years ago,I was so proud to be working for a company I had seen and admired for years. Even bought ,out of my own pocket, the uniforms. remember the brown pants and kahki shirts,I had them on every day and felt like I belonged to a special group-YELLOW FRIGHT DRIVERS-of a very good company. I have seen this company go in the same direction as the quality of supervisors----DOWN--- they have taken a company I admired and destroyed it.
I only do what I am told to do anymore ,I offer no other (better)way to do anything because I will be reminded who is the BOSS and keep my mouth shut, they don't need my advice. So, I just cruise along and do what they tell me to do,I don't care about anything but my check . BTW their way of doing things cost the company way-WAY-more than the 10% they are now getting from me. fair days pay-10%=fair days work-10%.
I came from a family that believed If you did'nt work you should die cause you were breathing air that a working man needed. So don't blame my parents for my bad attitude , YellowFreight created me,
signed;
A Recovering Workaholic,and feeling MUCH better

I'm late on this post but I gotta say 1000 letters would make me a crap employee. And Happy2 if you say they were ALL deserved it makes your opinion suspect in my mind. Someone once said you get what you pay for, if you get my drift. :popcorn:

we must work at the same barn:biglaugh::biglaugh: