Yellow | 'Lazy Teamsters'

So don't blame my parents for my bad attitude , YellowFreight created me,
signed;
A Recovering Workaholic,and feeling MUCH better

Yellow Freight, Roadway or what ever company did not create anyone's attitude or work ethic. they may do things that you don't like or agree with, but you are what you are. You are either a worker or you're not and Happy is right in that we are what our parents taught us. If you let your company dictate your attitude then you are a very weak person.

I chose to have the attitude I do. As do you. I don't consider you weak, please do the same for me. :smilie_132:

I'm late on this post but I gotta say 1000 letters would make me a crap employee. And Happy2 if you say they were ALL deserved it makes your opinion suspect in my mind. Someone once said you get what you pay for, if you get my drift. :popcorn:

I don't recall saying that I thought they were all deserved. I received about 8 letters when I was working....I deserved them all. I have only issued 5 or so warning letters myself. I prefer to work things out face to face......if you get my drift.

I don't recall saying that I thought they were all deserved. I received about 8 letters when I was working....I deserved them all. I have only issued 5 or so warning letters myself. I prefer to work things out face to face......if you get my drift.
I like that in a supervisor. :thumbsup: You were the one that brought up 1000 so I assumed that where you were that you all got off on letters. MY BAD! :duh:

I do agree that many years of being clubbed over the head, can affect a persons attitude. I have noticed what kind of stuff happens to some people. I respect their attitude to some degree, because I have seen what they have been through. Everyone deals with this stuff differently.:popcorn:

Yellow Freight, Roadway or what ever company did not create anyone's attitude or work ethic. they may do things that you don't like or agree with, but you are what you are. You are either a worker or you're not and Happy is right in that we are what our parents taught us. If you let your company dictate your attitude then you are a very weak person.
my dad always taught me to respect those who showed me respect.I don't know how it is where you work but at our barn our supervisors have no respect for us. We are treated like second class citizens and talked to like dogs. You get done this way long enough and you start to howl at the moon and not give a $hite who hears or complains about the noise

I have a golden retriever. She's about 5 yrs old, a very good dog, and she knows alot of stupid "pet tricks" that I taught her. She loves the attention... but... if I keep asking her to do a stupid pet trick, over and over, and I don't AT LEAST pat her on the head once in awhile, or give her a "cookie".... She just looks at me, and doesn't do the trick I just asked her to do.....

Everybody needs a kind word once in awhile that they are doing a good job ! And not just get yelled at and put down all the time....

Everybody needs a pat on the head once in awhile.... I don't see a whole lot of this going on here in the past 6 yrs I been here.....

Annual EVALS for office/management are here ! WHAT A JOKE ! First, YOU, the employeee looks at the choices and YOU rate yerself... THEN you Email it to yer TM. Of which he goes back and "changes" yer choices.... and we have an office meeting and he explains why he's bumping my rating "down".... He says to me, NOBODY gets more than a 3 ( 1 being the worst, 5 being the best ) . So if I gave myself a couple a 4's, cuz I think I deserved them , but he put them back to 3, and I end up getting some 2's cuz of "total barn performance"( of which I have NO control of )

So, I have NOT filled my EVAL out since June 2007.... and I ain't filling this out either... IT"S JUST ASININE !

Sorry, but if yer TM thinks you are no better or no worse, than yer crappy attitude is gonna fester, even tho your ETHIC IS to do yer job, the best you can......I'd sooner have the Road men, Linehaul dispatch, and my city, rate my Eval.... THESE are the people I work with...

Soooo... TM gets "C" work out of me. The city and the road get "A" work out of me..... AND I always save the customer ! No matter how small of a customer they are, cuz of my "personal service " to them..... They get "A" service outta me too, even tho TM thinks I should blow them off.....

Regular... you are 100% correct, the company didn't do this...but people can.....and they do. I don't think of it as a weak person, in fact, I think the opposite... You are a strong person, and not just a mindless robot.....

My dog is just a dog... They say they can't think or reason..... But I wonder about this dog of mine... And I can't says I blame her, if she ain't gonna do that stupid pet trick anymore.... ( I wouldn't either!)--and yet.... she will follow me everywhere ! I can't even go to the bathroom, unless she gets up from her snooze and follow me in there.... ( she knows I'm coming right back !... )

Everybody needs a kind word once in awhile that they are doing a good job ! And not just get yelled at and put down all the time....

Everybody needs a pat on the head once in awhile.... I don't see a whole lot of this going on here in the past 6 yrs I been here.....
When Roadway fires you for putting your thoughts on here,:biglaugh: Will you PLEASE come and apply for a job at my junkyard, (Holland) we could use a person like you up here. You will need to buy some warmer clothing though.:thumbsup:

By the way, Your TM is probably a failure, He knows that he will NOT get a good evaluation from HIS boss, So the jerk will not give you your due credit either. Sound like just another TM that should get (crap)canned.:loser:

Every company in the world has LAZY people. Its just Teamster companys can't really do anything about haveing LAZY people. What are you going to do, write him a letter? Please, some people make it an art form on how to get away with doing nothing. As a former Teamster, turned "Bad guy management" I have learned a few things to get the LAZY guys to do a little more, but thats all I can do. If they want to be LAZY then they will be LAZY. All any of us that care can do is do our job to the best of our ability. The saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!

It's not a question of being lazy, we all have different working habits, that's all. What is lazy to some might be productive to others, you never know. What I have see in our union is workers who don't want to be exploited by management.

L = Labor's
A = Acceptance
z = Zero
y = YIELD

Labors Acceptance of zero yield..

but a teamster that accepts a 10 percent paycut
is 90 percent more that zero.. and 10 percent unwilling to work harder

also for someone to judge your lazy what are they doing????

Lazy people are everywhere here there military. These are the people that had the motor taken out of their "motivation".When you are motivated to do your job it is reflected as pride, when you're not it shows as being lazy.

Management has alot to do with it but as a supervisor you shouldn't task people to do something that you yourself wouldn't do. If you take care of your people they will take care of you and run thru a wall for you...... ooopppsss to much time in the USMC its starting to show, I do try to make the job easier for my brothers down the line loading freight.

lazy people are everywhere here there military. these are the people that had the motor taken out of their "motivation".when you are motivated to do your job it is reflected as pride, when you're not it shows as being lazy.

Management has alot to do with it but as a supervisor you shouldn't task people to do something that you yourself wouldn't do. If you take care of your people they will take care of you and run thru a wall for you...... Ooopppsss to much time in the usmc its starting to show, i do try to make the job easier for my brothers down the line loading freight.

semper fi marine!