FedEx Freight | Less than $1hr for pay "increase"

Been gone a long time and I see this place hasn't changed a bit. I guess it is just the whiners that join these forums. It is really unbelievable to me...

Yep, we have some whiners... And then we also have some who whine about the whiners... And some who see the hypocrisy. :idunno:

It seems fairly elementary to me. That much of this forum consist of a bunch of whiners. A bunch of ungrateful individuals that make damn good money but still want to complain about things. They expect perfection. They say they don't. But they actually do. They are so consumed with what the next guy gets that they have lost site of the things they do have. I learned long ago that you must take the good with the bad. They simply don't get it. They say they do. But their actions speak otherwise .

One MUST pay attention to market conditions... All companies pay attention to prevailing rates. Drivers should pay attention to prevailing wages for their given market.

There are reasons we keep our records clean, do a good job, and have good dependable work ethic, Train. One of those incentives is to qualify for top shelf wages.

:smilie93c peelout:

Yep, we have some whiners... And then we also have some who whine about the whiners... And some who see the hypocrisy. :idunno:

One MUST pay attention to market conditions... All companies pay attention to prevailing rates. Drivers should pay attention to prevailing wages for their given market.

There are reasons we keep our records clean, do a good job, and have good dependable work ethic, Train. One of those incentives is to qualify for top shelf wages.

:smilie93c peelout:[/QUOTE

I agree,I Mean Fed Ex claims to be the best,they are the biggest LTL and rates are high as a Cats back,,, so with all that going for them as a company,,Why not be too pay or close to it as the years go on,not to even mention it's a supply and demand market for drivers,,not enough Drivers to go around and all agree that it will get worse. Just not enough Quality drivers to be had
Just me 2 Cents

At OD we have two pay scales, one for north and one for south. North pays over a dollar more, which doesn't make sense to me but I don't make the rules. How many different scales at FDX. I found it interesting with all the union talk at FDX that they solved it with money. All the talk about respect, so they said here is more money, sit down and be quiet. I never saw money as an issue on the union support sites?

At OD we have two pay scales, one for north and one for south. North pays over a dollar more, which doesn't make sense to me but I don't make the rules. How many different scales at FDX. I found it interesting with all the union talk at FDX that they solved it with money. All the talk about respect, so they said here is more money, sit down and be quiet. I never saw money as an issue on the union support sites?
Yet all it took was a little money to settle everything down....amazing isn't it!!??!!
The lust for money IS the root of all evil!!

We currently have four pay scales but I agree with most and say two would be sufficient.

That would depend on the location in question. Also, issues seem to vary by location, to some extent. On wages, some locations are highly competitive. Others are near the bottom as compared to the competition. Necessary corrections were made at many locations. Some locations did not need/require correcting, while some locations were "overlooked", and still need correcting.

Perhaps Certainly, some will revisit that issue, in the coming weeks. It is said to be an ongoing process...

Thanks for the update No F! Hope you're doing well. :1036316054:

As for the amount (if correct), in my area that will put us 8 cents above Central Transport! Yay!! :clapping:

About $1.00 behind Conway (for now), and only $1.30 behind Old Dominion! YAY! :clapping::woot2::clapping:
However if you consider mileage for linehaul top tier pay service centers like in Chicagoland are around 66 cents a mile, old d is around 62 cents and don't forget on linehaul fedex freight gets a half hour for each drop and half hour for each hook. Old d gets what equates to 15 minutes for each. Fedex freight offers time and half after 8 hours or 40. The real problem with fedex is the health insurance, by far some of the worst insurance in the industry, well almost; you could have Cherokee health insurance at central transport.

However if you consider mileage for linehaul top tier pay service centers like in Chicagoland are around 66 cents a mile, old d is around 62 cents and don't forget on linehaul fedex freight gets a half hour for each drop and half hour for each hook. Old d gets what equates to 15 minutes for each. Fedex freight offers time and half after 8 hours or 40. The real problem with fedex is the health insurance, by far some of the worst insurance in the industry, well almost; you could have Cherokee health insurance at central transport.
Meant to reply to the other guy sorry.

O/T counts for alot. May don't consider the value of o/t after 8 hrs. I have worked for company's that paid no o/t and it sucked

I didn't say I was on a 10 hour bid, but they do exist so not everyone gets ot after 8 like some think. It would be nice if they did away with the 10 hour bids.

I realize 4/10 bids exist and when you're on one you get overtime after 10, you know that going in. I don't see what the problem is, we have 4/10's sometimes and we have no choice.

I realize 4/10 bids exist and when you're on one you get overtime after 10, you know that going in. I don't see what the problem is, we have 4/10's sometimes and we have no choice.

The problem is the company pounding their chest about paying ot after 8 and then a bunch of people end up on 10 hour bids making it virtually impossible to get any ot. That along with the bottom pay scale makes you look around and come to the realization that we are one of the lowest payed ltls and that ot is the only way to make any money.

The problem is the company pounding their chest about paying ot after 8 and then a bunch of people end up on 10 hour bids making it virtually impossible to get any ot. That along with the bottom pay scale makes you look around and come to the realization that we are one of the lowest payed ltls and that ot is the only way to make any money.
With the 4/10's you get 3 days off. When I ran the 4/10's, I usually tried to run a road run on my day off...mileage pay is almost equivalent to OT pay. When there was no road runs available, I enjoyed my extra day off!!

O/T counts for alot. May don't consider the value of o/t after 8 hrs. I have worked for company's that paid no o/t and it sucked
Yes O/T is a factor, but it is a factor that can NOT be counted on.

Couple of ways one can look at it:

1) In my area where we are still at a significant deficit (after the coming raise) to Old Dominion, I'll have to work 1.38 hours extra (every week) in order to break even with an OD driver working 40 hours. That is 76.96 hours per year EXTRA, just to break even. No big deal, huh?

2)Factoring in O/T, the break even point for working in excess of 40 hours is 44.5 hours. Less than 44.5 hours, we make less. Over 44.5 hours, we make more. How much O/T can you count on, year round? How much do you want?

Yes O/T is a factor, but it is a factor that can NOT be counted on.

Couple of ways one can look at it:

1) In my area where we are still at a significant deficit (after the coming raise) to Old Dominion, I'll have to work 1.38 hours extra (every week) in order to break even with an OD driver working 40 hours. That is 76.96 hours per year EXTRA, just to break even. No big deal, huh?

2)Factoring in O/T, the break even point for working in excess of 40 hours is 44.5 hours. Less than 44.5 hours, we make less. Over 44.5 hours, we make more. How much O/T can you count on, year round? How much do you want?

I would like to see a breakdown of pay scales and the number of centers at bottom, mid, and top pay scale. I bet that info is top secret though.

I've never noticed the company "pounding their chest" about overtime after 8. You either pick a 10 hour bid or get stuck with one because of you seniority. So it's your fault or part of "paying your dues" but it's not the end of the world.