Estes | Lifetime vs. Yearly BIDS

east bought you, so you should bid like east does. and your pay should be brought down to what we make

I think east will end up going yearly. To many drivers do not like the lifetime bids. Only Estes has lifetime bids, no other ltl that I know of has lifetime.
I think you should be brought up to match us. Split pay scale is a bad thing. Estes told us that sometime in the future everyone will be on one pay scale. How long who knows.

well jim here is where we differ :D i am for lifetime bibs. and i will let the usual people flame me for it. but there are may posts about my views on this topic. and i agree the split pay scale between the 2 companys is wrong and i also believe that the split pay is wrong in the west, i have heard that estes is gunna get everyone at the same payscale. BUT who knows, it may be .535 or .505 you just never know.

Personal opinion

:hysterical: When estes bought out G.I. I remember that the people from back east went around to all the west terminal's, and told all of us that every one would be on same pay scale, they liked to run in the day, that they don't like to use contractors.:toxic: Hell they can't even tell us what they are going to do about bids, Sure would be nice if they would let all of us know what the heck is going on, instead the upper mgt would rather let everyone, start all the B.S. RUMORS!!!The union is starting to sound better all the time!

well jim here is where we differ :D i am for lifetime bibs. and i will let the usual people flame me for it. but there are may posts about my views on this topic. and i agree the split pay scale between the 2 companys is wrong and i also believe that the split pay is wrong in the west, i have heard that estes is gunna get everyone at the same payscale. BUT who knows, it may be .535 or .505 you just never know.
Well JimBob you think your run is that secure? So secure that you want it for lifetime? And if not, Will you be happy on the extra board? I'm not, I was on a bid run of 584 miles, monday through friday for 2 years, and I wanted lifetime bids. My run was cancelled and now on the extra board, Would rather have yearly bids just for that simple fact...

The only people I know of that want the lifetime bids are the junior drivers with not much seniority.I know that I went through a number of years having to call in every night just to see if I was even going to work that night, fiilling in on the dock or the city board or linehaul. You know I am grateful to have been able to pretty much stay busy until I did have some seniority to get a decent bid run. Those were conditions under the previous company. Things are changing now with Estes and I find myself with a cut run and back on the extra board. Explain to me why someone with a little over a year should be able to keep a bid forever and myself who has put in my time at my barn be on extra board forever. As far as making .535 per mile compared to back east you all need to come on out west here and see the difference in the cost of living.

As far as making .535 per mile compared to back east you all need to come on out west here and see the difference in the cost of living.

while i can understand that, im not so sure there is a line that divides east from west and the whole western part is that much more expensive. i just think some of the west guys that live in not so expensive places, latch onto the whole living out west is so much more expensive song and dance.

so should somebody in bum**** idaho make more than somebody living in new york city??

The ten most expensive U.S. cities to live in | SoYouWanna.com

America's Most and Least Expensive Cities to Live in

well of course i am gunna say .535 :D ya know i do this job for a living not for fun :D LOL i am just saying that you never know what they will end up doing with the pay.

while i can understand that, im not so sure there is a line that divides east from west and the whole western part is that much more expensive. i just think some of the west guys that live in not so expensive places, latch onto the whole living out west is so much more expensive song and dance.

so should somebody in bum**** idaho make more than somebody living in new york city??

The ten most expensive U.S. cities to live in | SoYouWanna.com

America's Most and Least Expensive Cities to Live in

As far as I know we are all adults and live where we want.
As far as pay do not blame me for what I make. You hired onto a company that at that time paid so much. It is not my fault that I didnt hire on to a company with a lower payscale.
And just so you know I was the only driver at my payscale in my terminal to tell the TM that it was BS to not have everyone under the same payscale. He thinks it is BS to, but he said everyone who hired on at the lower scale new they would make less.
I will back you up on payscale everytime, except when you want to take money from me.
Great posts and topic.

well jim here is where we differ

Oh dont start that, they are already calling us twins ( You must be one sexy mother f***** ). Lifetime is bad:chairshot:
You can spin it anyway you want, but if your run is cut and your on the extraboard for say 8 years and someone or alot of people are on bids with less service you will change your mind.

well of course i am gunna say .535

i recall you saying that we shouldnt be doing things the way GI did them. since estes bought them out, that means estes is doing something right and GI wasnt.

so please call and tell corp that you really want this company to do well. and you will do your part and take .505 asap

so you want GI pay but with estes lifetime bid. im betting you are a junior man, where guys with more time than you do not have a run now, or worried that it will happen that way.

i dont mind a guy being on one side of the fence or the other.....but it is annoying when one rides the middle, arguing for only what benefits himself. or, maybe you just like the feel of something up your ***

As far as I know we are all adults and live where we want.
As far as pay do not blame me for what I make. You hired onto a company that at that time paid so much. It is not my fault that I didnt hire on to a company with a lower payscale.
And just so you know I was the only driver at my payscale in my terminal to tell the TM that it was BS to not have everyone under the same payscale. He thinks it is BS to, but he said everyone who hired on at the lower scale new they would make less.
I will back you up on payscale everytime, except when you want to take money from me.
Great posts and topic.

you are a very dense person, you pick things up very slowly dont you?

I think east will end up going yearly. To many drivers do not like the lifetime bids. Only Estes has lifetime bids, no other ltl that I know of has lifetime.
I think you should be brought up to match us. Split pay scale is a bad thing. Estes told us that sometime in the future everyone will be on one pay scale. How long who knows.

R&L has lifetime bids!!!!

Oh dont start that, they are already calling us twins ( You must be one sexy mother f***** ). Lifetime is bad:chairshot:
You can spin it anyway you want, but if your run is cut and your on the extraboard for say 8 years and someone or alot of people are on bids with less service you will change your mind.

If I recall corectly, I remember having a lengthy cyber argument with the infamous JimBob over this very same issue. He supports life time bids. When I worked there I argued on the side of annual bids. For all the reasons that I hypothetically used at the time. Which are all becoming reality now. But I will say that he made a good point at the time. Tranfers should go to the bottom of senority. Thus not allowing transferred drivers to bump you out with their company senority. I concede now that this is the fare way to bid annually. I didn't let him know that back then because he was just too fun to argue with...as far as lifetime bids, in my opinion,which really doesn't matter to you because I no longer work there, but it does to me, because I love hearing myself type, and because I am so brilliant, LIFE TIME BIDS SUCK PERIOD!!!!! Iv'e left the building...

i recall you saying that we shouldnt be doing things the way GI did them. since estes bought them out, that means estes is doing something right and GI wasnt.

so please call and tell corp that you really want this company to do well. and you will do your part and take .505 asap

so you want GI pay but with estes lifetime bid. im betting you are a junior man, where guys with more time than you do not have a run now, or worried that it will happen that way.

i dont mind a guy being on one side of the fence or the other.....but it is annoying when one rides the middle, arguing for only what benefits himself. or, maybe you just like the feel of something up your ***

uhh ohh. Sounds like JimBob done went and stepped on freeze frames blue suede shoes.