Estes | Lifetime vs. Yearly BIDS

If I recall corectly, I remember having a lengthy cyber argument with the infamous JimBob over this very same issue. He supports life time bids. When I worked there I argued on the side of annual bids. For all the reasons that I hypothetically used at the time. Which are all becoming reality now. But I will say that he made a good point at the time. Tranfers should go to the bottom of senority. Thus not allowing transferred drivers to bump you out with their company senority. I concede now that this is the fare way to bid annually. I didn't let him know that back then because he was just too fun to argue with...as far as lifetime bids, in my opinion,which really doesn't matter to you because I no longer work there, but it does to me, because I love hearing myself type, and because I am so brilliant, LIFE TIME BIDS SUCK PERIOD!!!!! Iv'e left the building...

i never tholught i would see the day :D

i recall you saying that we shouldnt be doing things the way GI did them. since estes bought them out, that means estes is doing something right and GI wasnt.

so please call and tell corp that you really want this company to do well. and you will do your part and take .505 asap

so you want GI pay but with estes lifetime bid. im betting you are a junior man, where guys with more time than you do not have a run now, or worried that it will happen that way.

i dont mind a guy being on one side of the fence or the other.....but it is annoying when one rides the middle, arguing for only what benefits himself. or, maybe you just like the feel of something up your ***

ok i am a junior man. as you are, unless you have 30+ years with the company so drop the senior crap already. i am at .505 so no biggy to me if they drop everyone to it. i however dont want that because all the people that have been making .535 are use to it, and have thier lives based on it.

as far as the senior guys at my terminal haveing runs cut and me keeping mine. it has not happened and therefore it is a mute point. everyone at my terminal may have runs cut day to day, but noone has had a run cut perminatly so far, and i dont see it happening any time soon. i hope it doesnt, simply because i dont want to see the top 4 guys lose thier daytime runs. and yes it is also because at some point, beings that i am next in line in senority i will get a daytime run if 1 of the top 4 guys leaves for whatever reason, so yes in that area i am selfish. sue me

yes i want the company to do well. call me crazy but i work here and i dont want laid off and i like my employer most of the time :D

hello. this topic has been quite a debate here in GJ. most all the drivers are for lifetime bids, because the area we drive as far as i am concerned you have to pay some dues with the road. we want lifetime bids so someone from texas, california or other places that have nice sunshiny weather 10 months out of the year cant come here and after 90 days get a nice easy run west and never have to spend 3 hours a night for 6 months throwing chains in the bitter cold like the rest of us have done and still do. and we also like the fact that if a run is cut on a day nobody can take someone elses run from them that night. most of us here however dont need that rule because we are close and will take days off so everyone can work. we think a little different out here, we dont bicker about who gets to work we bicker about who gets the day off. LOL as far as pay goes i would hope that everyone in the whole company is brought up to .535cpm which is about the same as other LTL carriers around this area.

ok i am a junior man. as you are, unless you have 30+ years with the company so drop the senior crap already. i am at .505 so no biggy to me if they drop everyone to it. i however dont want that because all the people that have been making .535 are use to it, and have thier lives based on it.

as far as the senior guys at my terminal haveing runs cut and me keeping mine. it has not happened and therefore it is a mute point. everyone at my terminal may have runs cut day to day, but noone has had a run cut perminatly so far, and i dont see it happening any time soon. i hope it doesnt, simply because i dont want to see the top 4 guys lose thier daytime runs. and yes it is also because at some point, beings that i am next in line in senority i will get a daytime run if 1 of the top 4 guys leaves for whatever reason, so yes in that area i am selfish. sue me

yes i want the company to do well. call me crazy but i work here and i dont want laid off and i like my employer most of the time :D

We have laid off two line drivers, which we should not have done . Another terminal pretty much runs 2 extraboards out of our terminal, they should have been laid off.
We have had 6 runs cut in the last 7 months. So that is 6 drivers with time of service screwed.

hello. this topic has been quite a debate here in GJ. most all the drivers are for lifetime bids, because the area we drive as far as i am concerned you have to pay some dues with the road. we want lifetime bids so someone from texas, california or other places that have nice sunshiny weather 10 months out of the year cant come here and after 90 days get a nice easy run west and never have to spend 3 hours a night for 6 months throwing chains in the bitter cold like the rest of us have done and still do. and we also like the fact that if a run is cut on a day nobody can take someone elses run from them that night. most of us here however dont need that rule because we are close and will take days off so everyone can work. we think a little different out here, we dont bicker about who gets to work we bicker about who gets the day off. LOL as far as pay goes i would hope that everyone in the whole company is brought up to .535cpm which is about the same as other LTL carriers around this area.
How many drivers are transferring into your terminal? Here we would not wait a month or two for transfers. we need the drivers we have hired asap. Oh yeah we have not hired a line driver in over 2 years. So anyone worried about drivers transferring in and bumping you is a mute point.

we have had 1 transfer into GJ but it was awhile ago like 2+ years ago. most people that know about the run they would be on, which is from GJ to denver tues - sat night, wont really want to come here :D we are nuts LOL

we have had 1 transfer into GJ but it was awhile ago like 2+ years ago. most people that know about the run they would be on, which is from GJ to denver tues - sat night, wont really want to come here :D we are nuts LOL

Come on over to Boise and run our Umatilla. You can throw iron up to 8 times a night.
Funny how the teams dont run it during the winter when it is snowing:1036316054:

time should count

im a brand new guy, but i spent several years at a company where time with company counted for all positions, city, linehaul and dock. i also transfered twice and kept service time for choosing jobs, and it is the best way. yes i will get screwed for now but when my time comes i dont want anybody having a better job or truck than me. we all make the same pay. i should get something for the time i will put in. things change in life and you may need a different schedule this year for kids, illness in family, divorce, lots of things change.

and i should be able to transfer and keep my time. i have seen over the years the people who hated this idea was people who thought they would never move to another town. but later when they had to, they changed their feelings.

why should a guy just started last week be above me and get more hours better truck.
if i have ten years, even if it was at another office.

i been at big e less than a year. but time is time. linehaul, city, terminal.

lifetime bids is wrong, plain and simple

Ohh I loved working here about 6 years ago when we started.
More 53's 90% of time

Everything ran more smoothly, etc etc etc.
The single most thing that bothers me is the RUN FOR LIFE deal we have here.
And the fact that guys that have been here alot less longer then me get the better runs most of the time.
I don't know I might look at a flatbed position at a local company and maybe look into cement work.

I don't see anything changing for the better around here.
Let me know when it does.

i get 575 miles a night

i like life time bids

guys that don't like them just have short runs and r bitter:1036316054: :nutkick:

i get 575 miles a night

i like life time bids

guys that don't like them just have short runs and r bitter:1036316054: :nutkick:
Get A Clue:chairshot: Wait til your run becomes inconvenient and you go systems. Really, hope it doesn't happen, don't want that happening to anyone, but you opened up pandoras box with a self-centered, ego ridden, company sucked comment like that. You're exactly what Estes wants, an employee looking out for himself and not giving a damn about the other guy. As long as you suck into their dismal universe, they love you. So you got miles. Good for you.

If you read the posts, senior drivers are getting runs cut too. So what protection does lifetime have when your run is cut and you're sent to systems? At least with yearly, you can bid back into a reasonable run. But then again, it depends on who in Richmond answers the phone that day when the TM calls to make sure about the annual bids, probably tell the TM not to have bids.

Theres absolutely no fricken security with seniority or lifetime if they decide to cut the run.

I'm safe so far but I'm sure as hell not counting on security.

Annual bids and rebid when run changes happen are the only fair way to do it. Which is exactly why the morons in Richmond don't stand by it. They don't want fairness.

They want disharmony, pissed off workers so they become cut-throat and will not stand together against the jerks. As long as everyone argues and smears each other, their happy. No employee unity = Estes sucking your lifeblood.

Get A Clue:chairshot: Wait til your run becomes inconvenient and you go systems. Really, hope it doesn't happen, don't want that happening to anyone, but you opened up pandoras box with a self-centered, ego ridden, company sucked comment like that. You're exactly what Estes wants, an employee looking out for himself and not giving a damn about the other guy. As long as you suck into their dismal universe, they love you. So you got miles. Good for you.

If you read the posts, senior drivers are getting runs cut too. So what protection does lifetime have when your run is cut and you're sent to systems? At least with yearly, you can bid back into a reasonable run. But then again, it depends on who in Richmond answers the phone that day when the TM calls to make sure about the annual bids, probably tell the TM not to have bids.

Theres absolutely no fricken security with seniority or lifetime if they decide to cut the run.

Annual bids and rebid when run changes happen are the only fair way to do it. Which is exactly why the morons in Richmond don't stand by it. They don't want fairness.

They want disharmony, pissed off workers so they become cut-throat and will not stand together against the jerks. As long as everyone argues and smears each other, their happy. No employee unity = Estes sucking your lifeblood.

you hit the nail on the head! you said it very well mt

JIMBOB, JIMBOBBBBB where are you? JIMBOB to the office please. JIMBOB haven't you read the post where this very intelligent driver is bashing our beloved life time bid program? You know we need this program to succeed out west, so we can keep them pain in the *** G.I. drivers in check. Now get on trucking boards pronto son. Work your propiganda magic on them boys! There just seems to be a handful of em that are smart enough to figure out that the snake oil your'e trying to sell to them is bogus. Concentrate on them, and I think we might have her wooped! Now git r done, or I'll sick Wayne Y. on ya boy!!!!:argue:

JIMBOB, JIMBOBBBBB where are you? JIMBOB to the office please. JIMBOB haven't you read the post where this very intelligent driver is bashing our beloved life time bid program? You know we need this program to succeed out west, so we can keep them pain in the *** G.I. drivers in check. Now get on trucking boards pronto son. Work your propiganda magic on them boys! There just seems to be a handful of em that are smart enough to figure out that the snake oil your'e trying to sell to them is bogus. Concentrate on them, and I think we might have her wooped! Now git r done, or I'll sick Wayne Y. on ya boy!!!!:argue:
:tribe:
:Bondage::bananalama: