Estes | Lifetime vs. Yearly BIDS

i get 575 miles a night

i like life time bids

guys that don't like them just have short runs and r bitter:1036316054: :nutkick:

DubTee, You have officially pissed in mt's cheerios. Not a good idea. He was just starting to shine as one of my aprentices. I thought I had taught him to rant and rave with a more civil tone. But I was wrong. All that hard work for nothing. But I must say. He did snatch a knot in your tail. You have been officially chastised from the mighty MT HELMET!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy:

Get A Clue:chairshot: Wait til your run becomes inconvenient and you go systems. Really, hope it doesn't happen, don't want that happening to anyone, but you opened up pandoras box with a self-centered, ego ridden, company sucked comment like that. You're exactly what Estes wants, an employee looking out for himself and not giving a damn about the other guy. As long as you suck into their dismal universe, they love you. So you got miles. Good for you.

If you read the posts, senior drivers are getting runs cut too. So what protection does lifetime have when your run is cut and you're sent to systems? At least with yearly, you can bid back into a reasonable run. But then again, it depends on who in Richmond answers the phone that day when the TM calls to make sure about the annual bids, probably tell the TM not to have bids.

Theres absolutely no fricken security with seniority or lifetime if they decide to cut the run.

I'm safe so far but I'm sure as hell not counting on security.

Annual bids and rebid when run changes happen are the only fair way to do it. Which is exactly why the morons in Richmond don't stand by it. They don't want fairness.

They want disharmony, pissed off workers so they become cut-throat and will not stand together against the jerks. As long as everyone argues and smears each other, their happy. No employee unity = Estes sucking your lifeblood.

well what do i say?? take out all the childness name calling and you bring up some valid points.

and first off you need to go back and reread my posts i have said i am for lifetime bids. and i still am. i also said yearly bids are ok also, with TERMINAL senority not COMPANY senority. i just dont like the idea of someone transfering and in 90 days taking sombody's run. sorry thats me looking out for my friends that i work with.

well what do i say?? take out all the childness name calling and you bring up some valid points.

and first off you need to go back and reread my posts i have said i am for lifetime bids. and i still am. i also said yearly bids are ok also, with TERMINAL senority not COMPANY senority. i just dont like the idea of someone transfering and in 90 days taking sombody's run. sorry thats me looking out for my friends that i work with.
Reading yours posts and this post I just don't think you really have any clue what you want cuz it sure doesn't follow any policy Gi or Estes had or has. Oh I see maybe you are a dreamer and you want everything just like most rookies in the business today. You know nobody wants to earn anything these days just give me give me attitudes today. Why not do something and maybe then you can learn to be thankful for all the earnings you create and wake up

Agree with Terminal Seniority, come on. But none of the seniority is working with Estes, your run is cut, see ya on the systems with no rebid.

:chairshot: :chairshot: hey all that really sucks on rebids over there.
We at SAIA rebid usually at least once a year. But depending on drivers quitting , retiring or a new run or a cut run then we rebid again.
But anyway we just had our annual raise meeting and was told we are hiring 71 linehaul drivers system wide not sure exactly where but I do know Greensboro SC is hiring 2 drivers off the street as of yesterday. top pay now is .5150 per mile just my 2 cents good luck guys and safe driving

:hysterical: When estes bought out G.I. I remember that the people from back east went around to all the west terminal's, and told all of us that every one would be on same pay scale, they liked to run in the day, that they don't like to use contractors.:toxic: Hell they can't even tell us what they are going to do about bids, Sure would be nice if they would let all of us know what the heck is going on, instead the upper mgt would rather let everyone, start all the B.S. RUMORS!!!The union is starting to sound better all the time!

If you find someone in upper mngt that cares about your concern,you've set a record. What happenned to the "open door" policy they rave about. I really dont mean to sound so negative here with my opnions, but when I call my district mngr AND Richmond with SERIOUS concerns and they talk to me like Im an idiot, yep Im gonna spout off some steam.

If you find someone in upper mngt that cares about your concern,you've set a record. What happenned to the "open door" policy they rave about. I really dont mean to sound so negative here with my opnions, but when I call my district mngr AND Richmond with SERIOUS concerns and they talk to me like Im an idiot, yep Im gonna spout off some steam.

lets hear it go for it dw5thousand

There is a poster on here that goes by Jim Downing. He claims that if you have a problem that can't be resolved in house, that you call Richmond, and it's taken care of. Maybe it depends on who you are?????? Maybe he will respond to this.

You can have all the open door policies you want but if you're talking to some closed minded management guy who only wants to justify the shortcomings of this co. then what good is it to claim that you have open door communications.

There is a poster on here that goes by Jim Downing. He claims that if you have a problem that can't be resolved in house, that you call Richmond, and it's taken care of. Maybe it depends on who you are?????? Maybe he will respond to this.

Hell yeah I will respond. You know better than to poke a stick at a red as*ed bumble bee. I have had postive results in all my contacts with Richmond. I know people who have not. I said this before. I think it has alot to do with your approach to the problem. I am sure *****ing and whinning will get you no where. I dont go to my TM Or RM for things I know that cant or wont fix.
And I take back about all positive, once I did not get any results from Richmond on a serious issue. Im only human sorry for the mistake.

Well you know how they treat midgets. Everyone feels sorry so they just give them what they want:hysterical: :hysterical: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

:chairshot: :chairshot: hey all that really sucks on rebids over there.
We at SAIA rebid usually at least once a year. But depending on drivers quitting , retiring or a new run or a cut run then we rebid again.
But anyway we just had our annual raise meeting and was told we are hiring 71 linehaul drivers system wide not sure exactly where but I do know Greensboro SC is hiring 2 drivers off the street as of yesterday. top pay now is .5150 per mile just my 2 cents good luck guys and safe driving

There you go Estes drivers. 71 positions open waiting for your application! Thats 71 drivers that don't have to be picking up aluminum cans on the weekend to pay the rent!!!!!

You can have all the open door policies you want but if you're talking to some closed minded management guy who only wants to justify the shortcomings of this co. then what good is it to claim that you have open door communications.

The open door policy is as follows. If you come in the office complaining, we cut your run, the open door is in the back, walk right through and don't let the OPEN DOOR slap you in the *** on the way out!

Reading yours posts and this post I just don't think you really have any clue what you want cuz it sure doesn't follow any policy Gi or Estes had or has. Oh I see maybe you are a dreamer and you want everything just like most rookies in the business today. You know nobody wants to earn anything these days just give me give me attitudes today. Why not do something and maybe then you can learn to be thankful for all the earnings you create and wake up

WHF are you talking about. last time i checked GI policy was anuual bibs with terminal senority. and Estes policy is lifetime bids with company senority. do you even or have you ever worked for GI or Estes?? and SCREW YOU with your want everything and not work for it, i work just as hard IF NOT more for my paycheck. the only thing in truck driving that i have not done is pulled a flatbed. THATS it, and i am sure that you have never pull anything across the country and had to sit somewhere for 3 days waiting to get a load somewhere to make some miles, so you can stuff your .............. ahh screw it you aint even worth my time!!!

WHF are you talking about. last time i checked GI policy was anuual bibs with terminal senority. and Estes policy is lifetime bids with company senority. do you even or have you ever worked for GI or Estes?? and SCREW YOU with your want everything and not work for it, i work just as hard IF NOT more for my paycheck. the only thing in truck driving that i have not done is pulled a flatbed. THATS it, and i am sure that you have never pull anything across the country and had to sit somewhere for 3 days waiting to get a load somewhere to make some miles, so you can stuff your .............. ahh screw it you aint even worth my time!!!

Dont get all upset over this. It is not worth it. When you get in an argument and can not even unserstand what the person is posting your just waisting time. Stay safe