Estes | Limelight!

NiKDiesel

TB Regular
Credits
:smilie_132: First of all - I would like to congratulate You and Your Employer (Estes Express Lines) - for the obvious reasons!

Being in a financial position to shell out 122 Mil - in these economic times... is something that cannot be ignored... but, celebrated!

This is very positive news for all of You!

Obviously, I am on the outside - looking in...

And have a question:

Why isn't Estes Express Lines a Publically Traded Company?

Do they own everything that they have?

If so... where does all the money go?

Are You all reaping the rewards of their success?

Pensions, 401k's, Profit Sharing - anything like that?

Just curious... I am not really familiar with Estes...

And find this - current publicly broadcasted relationship with YRC intriguing!

Yea! own it all. You wont find any stock info. Reaping the rewards. I'll be fishing on my days off.(yucky weather right now) Ofcorse we dont get a pension right now but who knows. Others are losing while we are gaining.

Yeah,own it all...paid for usually by certified check!! I kinda feel that we need to invest in our own future for retirement, but a little more help on the 401k could not hurt.:rockon:

The only thing I would like to see is some proof that everything Estes has is paid for and that the properties recently purchased was a cash transaction. ( which hasn't been completed yet )
I don't think you can produce that documentation to offer any proof of that, especially since Estes is a privately owned company.
I am not knocking Estes, they seem to be a very well run company, have expanded coverage and done well in a down turned economy, but no large muti-million dollar company operates the way some of you folks say they do.
Capitol expenditures hardly ever come directly from a companies cash reserves, instead funding is usually by a venture capitol company, private equity or major banks.
Only asking for documented proof of what you say, not what the company implies or leads people to believe.

If we owed money or have been given false info. I'm sure it would have come out in the wash by now. I doubt if any of those terminals would have been purchased just to let another company pay rent. It's no secret of what's going on at those companies who owe more than they are worth.

Dont Knock a good thing

Its funny to hear the distaine for a company that does it right. It cant be that our President and past presidents just are tha disciplined and smart. Nope, its got to be s conspiruscy. Instead of speculation, why dont you try some real questions. Like, who can my company pull its head out of its collective butt. :loser:

Dont Knock a good thing

Its funny to hear the distaine for a company that does it right. It cant be that our President and past presidents just are that disciplined and smart. Nope, its got to be some Conspiracy . Instead of speculation, why dont you try some real questions. Like, whow can my company pull its head out of its collective butt. :loser:

:smilie_132: First of all - I would like to congratulate You and Your Employer (Estes Express Lines) - for the obvious reasons!

Being in a financial position to shell out 122 Mil - in these economic times... is something that cannot be ignored... but, celebrated!

This is very positive news for all of You!

Obviously, I am on the outside - looking in...

And have a question:

Why isn't Estes Express Lines a Publically Traded Company?

Do they own everything that they have?

If so... where does all the money go?

Are You all reaping the rewards of their success?

Pensions, 401k's, Profit Sharing - anything like that?

Just curious... I am not really familiar with Estes...

And find this - current publicly broadcasted relationship with YRC intriguing!

Rob has 122 M sitting on his desk from GOOD economic times.
We are not a publicly traded company, because Mr Estes is not beholden to anybody but himself, and his grandfather's legacy. He has had many opportunities to sell out to UPS, Fed Ex, and Yellow when they were on a buying streak. Rob Estes is where he is because he likes trucking, and he is a Virginia family man, with good 'ole southern values.
What do Estes employees reap and benifit from his sucess? We have secure jobs while the world economy is crashing around us. I sleep well knowing my tractor will be fueled and ready for business when I fire it up in the morning.
We ALL got a raise this year at a time when the crashing economy was inevitable.

If you are not familiar with Estes, you may want to apply for a job here someday.. ( when the hiring freeze is off )

In this world of corperate horses**t, it is nice to be on board with somebody who is his own man.
Poke around other company boards on this site, and see the discontent within, union or not. Us here at Estes are generally happy with what we have.
If Rob wakes up tomorrow, and decides that's it, and sells the legacy to someone, who can blame him? It's all about Rob after all. It's all about cash in our accounts, and providing for our family, and thier future. You gotta hand it to him for making what could have turned disaster, a total success. He is an extremely smart man, and has brilliant advisors, if they exist at all..
By the way, did you hear that we have a fantasic new service to all of Mexico? LOL:bowdown:

Mexico,damn I want to be the first to bid on a run down to CaBO SAN LUCAS,with a two night layover.

Bring back some of that green fluffy stuff on the return trip, we all make money!:greedy:

297_p2754aaabb.jpg

The only thing I would like to see is some proof that everything Estes has is paid for and that the properties recently purchased was a cash transaction. ( which hasn't been completed yet )
I don't think you can produce that documentation to offer any proof of that, especially since Estes is a privately owned company.
I am not knocking Estes, they seem to be a very well run company, have expanded coverage and done well in a down turned economy, but no large muti-million dollar company operates the way some of you folks say they do.
Capitol expenditures hardly ever come directly from a companies cash reserves, instead funding is usually by a venture capitol company, private equity or major banks.
Only asking for documented proof of what you say, not what the company implies or leads people to believe.

We get company info from corporate all the time that makes only us privey to many things that go on within our company.
It is not our burden to prove or to document any info we share among ourselves,though many times we do. There are alot of things we know about Estes just from working here for many years and when we speak among ourselves many things are just "givens" that we have known for a long time.
If you feel things we post about our company need documented proof, then the burden is on you to prove to the contrary. We that work here have a decent understanding of how our company conducts business and alot of our comments are "old news" to us.
So if you see something you don't believe then you prove it wrong since it means so much to you what we do.

We get company info from corporate all the time that makes only us privy to many things that go on within our company.
Sorry, you get the information they want you to get, it may or may not have any truth connected with what they say.
It is not our burden to prove or to document any info we share among ourselves,though many times we do. There are alot of things we know about Estes just from working here for many years and when we speak among ourselves many things are just "givens" that we have known for a long time.
Yes, in my 40 plus years of working I have been privy to what employers have told me. I don't believe everything I am told any longer, I need proof and since a privately owned and operated company has no motive to divulge real or accurate information I can't believe what they tell you.
If you feel things we post about our company need documented proof, then the burden is on you to prove to the contrary. We that work here have a decent understanding of how our company conducts business and alot of our comments are "old news" to us.
So if you see something you don't believe then you prove it wrong since it means so much to you what we do.
As I have stated before, it never meant anything to me, I was only asking for accurate information or correcting what I knew was misleading or false information. You may believe everything the company tells you, but what goes on in the boardroom is not exactly what they are telling you. Just like politics, they never tell us the truth.

Sorry, you get the information they want you to get, it may or may not have any truth connected with what they say.Yes, in my 40 plus years of working I have been privy to what employers have told me. I don't believe everything I am told any longer, I need proof and since a privately owned and operated company has no motive to divulge real or accurate information I can't believe what they tell you.
As I have stated before, it never meant anything to me, I was only asking for accurate information or correcting what I knew was misleading or false information. You may believe everything the company tells you, but what goes on in the boardroom is not exactly what they are telling you. Just like politics, they never tell us the truth.

:flame:

Dude, what KD is getting at is this (hope he doesn't mind): We as a whole are happy with the direction of our company, and with the actions of our leaders over the years. They haven't given us reason to doubt their sincerity or the information they provide. Now looking around the other boards, it doesn't seem as the publicly traded companies, even with full disclosure, are above misleading the rank and file. Further, nobody on the Estes boards should have to justify why we trust our leadership to outsiders posting in a forum titled "Estes Express Lines". Feel free to dissect every three of my sentences with a sound legal retort, but your arguement loses steam with generalizations such as "...you may believe everything the company tells you...". The hard working people of Estes Express Lines are no less or more intelligent than those with representation or those at non-U publicly traded companies, we're just different. So deal.

:flame:

Dude, what KD is getting at is this (hope he doesn't mind): We as a whole are happy with the direction of our company, and with the actions of our leaders over the years. They haven't given us reason to doubt their sincerity or the information they provide. Now looking around the other boards, it doesn't seem as the publicly traded companies, even with full disclosure, are above misleading the rank and file. Further, nobody on the Estes boards should have to justify why we trust our leadership to outsiders posting in a forum titled "Estes Express Lines". Feel free to dissect every three of my sentences with a sound legal retort, but your arguement loses steam with generalizations such as "...you may believe everything the company tells you...". The hard working people of Estes Express Lines are no less or more intelligent than those with representation or those at non-U publicly traded companies, we're just different. So deal.

In essence, I was replying to posts number 2 and 3.
"Yep, we own it all, and all paid by certified checks."
I don't disagree, you work for a fine company, well run with great management. My only questions have been to some who could be wrong, like in those posts. Then again, I could be wrong too.
Carry on, drive safe and let's hope this economic disaster comes to an end soon. Plenty are out of work, on all sides of the trucking industry, we all need to provide and work .... and I think there is plenty of work for all of us.
Outta here ... :smilie_132:

im sorry i just cant see why you think they should have to show documented proof of the purchase. the name on the company is estes not your name