XPO | Linehaul first in first out policy

I just thought this thread was more interesting than the "What songs go Best With Con-Way" thread.

Here's a thought. Wouldn't changing 1st in 1st out to seniortity or 1st dispatched have a positve effect in fuel savings. You wouldn't have to run all-out racing to the fac.

Here's a thought. Wouldn't changing 1st in 1st out to seniortity or 1st dispatched have a positve effect in fuel savings. You wouldn't have to run all-out racing to the fac.

Good point. Yes it would.
And so would cruise control.

Now that just totally goes against the motivational policy and so it won't hold water. Run balls out through the 40 zones and construction areas to be first,.......got it!

I just had to bring this back to be viewed once more. This is such a great policy for safety..........I just couldn't let all the employees forget.

1st in

AT NWN // NCH THEY GO BY WHO ARRIVES AT THE GATE 1ST.THEN THATS THE WAY YOU ARE DSPTCHD BACK TO YOUR HOME FAC. CONWAY NEEDS TO GO BACK TO DSP BY SENRTY.THAT WAY ALL THE CRYBABYS WONT HAVE TO SHED ANY MORE TEARS:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

AT NWN // NCH THEY GO BY WHO ARRIVES AT THE GATE 1ST.THEN THATS THE WAY YOU ARE DSPTCHD BACK TO YOUR HOME FAC. CONWAY NEEDS TO GO BACK TO DSP BY SENRTY.THAT WAY ALL THE CRYBABYS WONT HAVE TO SHED ANY MORE TEARS:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
My understanding is that its first dispatch.

We bid cash and who ever ponies up more, goes. The FOS has kid in college.

Well the powers that be have finally figured out a way to get ALL linehaul personnel to skip stopping for their "safety break" in the name of being first and on time by slowing the tractors down but yet not adjusting arrival times........Hmmmmmmmmm. Very creative I must say! Motivate the drivers in the name of fuel savings. Perfect!

Well the powers that be have finally figured out a way to get ALL linehaul personnel to skip stopping for their "safety break" in the name of being first and on time by slowing the tractors down but yet not adjusting arrival times........Hmmmmmmmmm. Very creative I must say! Motivate the drivers in the name of fuel savings. Perfect!
Not I, If someone beats me too the reship thats fine with me. Come and get me I am at soso and I will be there at this time.

Pizza anybody? I think that's what the XAN driver was attempting to deliver the other night en route to the re-ship. Oh wait a minute he was just trying to be on time and also beat the senior drivers first in, but oops he didn't quite make the exit ramp at that high rate of speed. CON-WAY policies at work again.....NICE!

Pizza anybody? I think that's what the XAN driver was attempting to deliver the other night en route to the re-ship. Oh wait a minute he was just trying to be on time and also beat the senior drivers first in, but oops he didn't quite make the exit ramp at that high rate of speed. CON-WAY policies at work again.....NICE!

Injured

I didnt hear about that one. Did he get injured? Was that at XNW?

Injured

I didnt hear about that one. Did he get injured? Was that at XNW?

Is it being suggested that as a side affect of the first-in-first-out policy that a professional Conway Freight DSR hastily hurried to the FAC, and experienced a mishap?

Could it be said that he/she was chasing a carrot on a stick?

And I am sure that there are many here that would think that this is a great policy.