FedEx Freight | LineHaul Realignment

TwoLane

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know what is going on with linehaul reorganzing? I have heard that the bids that are supposed to start the 7/7/08 are being pushed back 3 weeks. This is being done to allow those who need to transfer/relocate to do so. Something about balancing out the hubs, as well as making the freight travel in a direct line. I'm told more purchase trailers will be used as well. Supposedly those affected will be a the larger hubs and larger end of line centers. Anyone got more info?

We are bidding right now in KCY, so I would think that would bring it to a halt if that were true. Just a rumor it seems, there will be some re-alignment due to the RKI hub opening, but nothing that's not been planned for already.

What part of the FXF system you in?

roog

FXF East... One of the management team at SNO was talking about it. I talked to a Ops Mgr last night from a different hub, and he told me that there were going to be changes, mostly to balance out some things. You may be correct with RKI. One example used was the amount of freight going back and forth from CGT to the east coast. I guess it's not even amount. 1 center may get 3-5 thru loads from CGT, but may only send 1 that way, or vice versa. Now that you are bidding, have you noticed if the bids are starting 7/7 or are they pushed back?

We are also rebidding in STL, to take effect 6-8, then again to take effect 7-13, then again when LOU moves to their new center, and again in Jan and once again when Effingham opens...

we were told at my center the linehaul runs were going to change so drasticly that it will effect us in the city and they are also restructuring city.

we were told at my center the line haul runs were going to change so drastically that it will effect us in the city and they are also restructuring city.

Here it comes even later start times.
More pissed off customers getting late
freight that was to be there by am del
only....

Here it comes even later start times.
More pissed off customers getting late
freight that was to be there by am del
only....

Yep you are right Smoke.... Later start times but we will still be expexted to kick them deliveries off b4 noon so the numbers look good. Of course we will still be expected to get that freight back into the center early too. Linehaul gets in late and the outbound freight is still expected to leave the center on time. It seems to me that they are squeezing the city operation from both ends to be the cushion between the two. Again I say 100 percent is good enough today but tomorrow we are going to need 110 percent and the day after that can we have 120 percent please. The crap never ends. :nutkick:

i think they were talking about more early start times.i think they are just going to put more people on call but work them every day just like theres a million extra boerd drivers now.

i think they were talking about more early start times.i think they are just going to put more people on call but work them every day just like theres a million extra boerd drivers now.

My management at my center is talking about making the city one big "extra board" We will bid start times and they will assign us a route according to "the needs of the company" what a crock of crap!!!!! This will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. No way with 11 years seniority I'm going to run a hand unload or inside delivery route while a newbie runs a volume or a swap/switch. Not going to happen to me. I'll throw the bills back through the window and go home:1036316054:

atv you throw them bills back through the the window they will say you refused work and your toast.make them think you like your job more and more everyday then you get the good loads,reverse physco

My management at my center is talking about making the city one big "extra board" We will bid start times and they will assign us a route according to "the needs of the company" what a crock of crap!!!!! This will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. No way with 11 years seniority I'm going to run a hand unload or inside delivery route while a newbie runs a volume or a swap/switch. Not going to happen to me. I'll throw the bills back through the window and go home:1036316054:

at my center the lazy do nothing drivers are rewarded with cake walk routes drop and hooks no touch volumes and plenty of overtime.it doesn't really matter what you bid because the bums always get it there way while the hard working drivers get whipped on everyday to keep the numbers up.seems this will never change i'm considering slowing down too so i can get rewarded for less work

As much as i love to **** and moan about FedEx treating you like crap,times are tough right now and the bills need to get paid.You just got to bite your tongue and walk away when they start bustin your coconuts.
I dont know what we are in for in ALT since we are a tiny center,we have not heard anything yet.
So everyone be safe out there and just try to make the best of it.:smilie_132:

It's like that at most trucking companies. The lazy/slow work just hard enough not to get fired, so they work the skilled/fast people harder to pickup the slack.

at my center the lazy do nothing drivers are rewarded with cake walk routes drop and hooks no touch volumes and plenty of overtime.it doesn't really matter what you bid because the bums always get it there way while the hard working drivers get whipped on everyday to keep the numbers up.seems this will never change i'm considering slowing down too so i can get rewarded for less work

I run out of CGX on a pm run and the re-bid for now is because of RKI opening. But I think everyone will re-bid again after that because that would've been the actual time to re-bid.

It's like that at most trucking companies. The lazy/slow work just hard enough not to get fired, so they work the skilled/fast people harder to pickup the slack.

That's right! Just like a good dock worker that chases freight for a certain lane or load real good.....they'll be on that persons ***! Because that person exposed all of they're capabilities to the most! We had a few good outbound dockworkers who were trying to transfer and stuff and mngmnt didn't want to let em' go! Had radios and all! They damn near ran the outbound for the red-shirts! So you know where I'm getting at y'all!

Anybody know about where the Effingham terminal will be?....Close to that Petro down there? What'll be the yard stick get off?...159 or the 160 get off?

Anybody know about where the Effingham terminal will be?....Close to that Petro down there? What'll be the yard stick get off?...159 or the 160 get off?
That's exactly where it is, just to the left of the Petro, exit 159.

They have been moving along pretty fast on it.

FM

atv you throw them bills back through the the window they will say you refused work and your toast.make them think you like your job more and more everyday then you get the good loads,reverse physco

Tried that it didn't work!! If they fire me... I was looking for a job when I found this one. No biggie. I'm ready to put a different shirt on anyway!!! FedEx's bull$hit is getting old...Bottom line. PERIOD!!!:1036316054: