FedEx Freight | LineHaul Realignment

not to sound like a dck but i don't use fx for shipping i request ups.i had a lot of problems with ground.as far as karma well you know i'm a part time jeep owner 50% of the time its in the shop

I have had bad luck with fdx ground also,they couldn't even find my house and I live in a housing addition.when they did it was crushed every time.

I have a question for atvnut...if you hate fxf so much then why do you still work for them

Nice first post.

atv's using this forum for one its many intended purposes: venting/blowing off steam.

Personally, I picture him looking something like Eyore from Winnie the Pooh, based on his usual negativity. Oh, bother.

But he's our Negative Nellie, and others before you have already suggested he seek greener pastures. No need for a first time poster to jump in with the standard cliche. atv's explained why he's sticking around, so we're all going to support him (argue with him, perhaps) but support him nonetheless and try to let him work out his frustrations.

Capiche?

FXF OAF

I dis-agree.. many want to argue the fact and complain about someone else not doing anything to help.. We all must help ourselves first.. Maybe you shuold try stepping up and creating a team.. I am not trying to **** you off Atvnut, but your conception and attitude towards what is happening is probably only making it worse..

Drivers do not rule, neither does the sups or FedEx.. the customers rule.. they are the ones putting the freight on our trucks.. and if we do not take care of them, then you will not have to worry about keeping your job..

Our economy is headed towards a depression.. yes I said it.. we are in denial as a country as far as a recession.. It's time to get our heads out of our rumps as a company..(all of us) and help retain what is keeping us busy.. wether any of you like FedEx or not.. most of you know that we are more secure as a company than many of the other LTL's out there.

When we all decide to work together as a team is when things will get better.. You can say what you want and point fingers all you want.. but it takes the sups and the drivers, dock employees, clerical and everyone else to make this happen.

You can fish or cut bait.. $hit or get off the pot.. call the kettle black... whatever.. but it's about time we all start counting our chickens and cut the BS.. If you have a suggestion to make it better.. go to your manager.. if he dont listen, go to your RM.. Anyone can sit on the bench and complain or say how they can make it better... but it is not going to happen until you lace up your pads and get on the field.

This post should be put on the front page for everyone to read. Very well put.

All I can add is this: I'm a high school graduate. I never had the opportunity to go to college. Yet working for FedEx has given me the opportunity to make very good money to support my family. They provide me with incredible benefits, outstanding equipment and job security. If you think working for FedEx is beneath you, then try going out into the real world and try to find something better. There are a few better places to work perhaps, but I'll assure you, there aren't many.

To all who really cares, I always speak what's on my mind and i don't hide who i am or where at, example i go by J-L and i am a road driver out WMD-WILMINGTON,DE.i just want to say grtdone, you are 100 percent correct about where this country and the ecomony is at and is heading.I feel fedex is doing what they need to do keep thecompany moving forward and profitable.I also want to say to you atvnut,I hope you are kidding about treating the customers like you persented.I don't you from adam, i'm sure you are a hard worker, but alot of us really like our job, and what i'm saying is if you are that misable at what you doing,you really need to move on to something other than driving a truck,because every company is pretty much same way.before you get mad i agree with everybody about the senority issue. i know what you say i to was once a city driver back in 1996 and i to was a bust you butt driver and i to was rewarded with more stops cause the ones that either didn't care or was just plain lasy.well the opp. came to go to road ayear later, i took it.what i'm saying is it's not the customers fault you have issues with your mangment.don't take it out on the customer, go to HR if you get nowhere with your ccm.had many crappy jobs in my 25 years, fedex is the best there is.

Even at fedex's worst it still is 10 times better than most other companys to work for.Gtrdone knows one I am talking about.

Not just Fed-Ex

home : opinion : opinion June 07, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/6/2008 11:51:00 AM Email this article • Print this article

Open letter to John Mullen, CEO, DHL Express

By DEAN FELDMEYER, Guest columnist

Dear Mr. Mullen:

We believed in you. We trusted you. We took you at your word.

We believed what you told us about jobs and prosperity when we gave you millions of dollars in grants and tax incentives.

We believed you were a man of good faith and will, a businessman of vast experience and manifold skills that would give us the opportunity to work for the betterment our employer, our families and our community. We believed, as DHL grew and prospered under your leadership, so would southwest Ohio.

We believed, when you were awarded the IABC Europe/Middle East Excel Award for Communication Leadership, you would extend the courtesy of your vast communication skills to us. We believed you would talk with those whose livelihoods could be crushed with a stroke of your pen.

We believed you cared about your workers and the people who depend on you to feed their families, that you would put people before profits.

Where did we go wrong, Mr. Mullen?

At what point should we have stopped believing you?
MORE
Denied:1up! Software

This is only the start, more will come after other carrier start taken more of our business.

We won't know that for sure but then again just believe what you see..... I think we are just beginning to see the start of a sure enough repression that may slide into a depression. With fuel costs being what they are and due to stay that way for some time there will be several large LTL companies go out of business possibly..... I guarantee you more than a few are feeling the pinch right now. If anything during this time I have actually seen freight levels go up in CLT so it may be a case of us taking some freight from others I don't know for sure.

I copy it's ok to be miserable@fedex as long is the money is good.....10-4!!!!:shrug:

I think it's funny the way some of you guys try to act like detectives on here. Was it a big high school secret hoot what my user name was before???? I think this is pretty childish driver. Can we grow up a little here. I changed my name for my own reason not to try to hide. It doesn't bother me that everyone knows what my old user name was because I'm still freakin' miserable@fedex.:1036316054:

I think it's funny the way some of you guys try to act like detectives on here. Was it a big high school secret hoot what my user name was before???? I think this is pretty childish driver. Can we grow up a little here. I changed my name for my own reason not to try to hide. It doesn't bother me that everyone knows what my old user name was because I'm still freakin' miserable@fedex.:1036316054:

Does not take much of a detective.. I figured it out after reading your second post.. Well the second post after you came back and claimed to be a "changed" man..

$hit stinks for a reason... once you learn the smell.. it's not hard to detect it after that!

:1036316054:

I don't think you are miserable at FedEx.. I think you are miserable at life!!

And if you feel the need to PM a bunch of your crap again about how bad I am, and how much you dislike me.. feel free.. I eat that up! :smilie_132:

Does not take much of a detective.. I figured it out after reading your second post.. Well the second post after you came back and claimed to be a "changed" man..

$hit stinks for a reason... once you learn the smell.. it's not hard to detect it after that!

:1036316054:

I don't think you are miserable at FedEx.. I think you are miserable at life!!

And if you feel the need to PM a bunch of your crap again about how bad I am, and how much you dislike me.. feel free.. I eat that up! :smilie_132:

If you think I'm the only one that dislikes your precious fedex.....check out the results of rate fedex as an employer thread... There you go in management terms(numbers of course). It's plain and simple.....Company is going downhill and I'm not the only one seeing it!!!!!:nutkick:

If you think I'm the only one that dislikes your precious fedex.....check out the results of rate fedex as an employer thread... There you go in management terms(numbers of course). It's plain and simple.....Company is going downhill and I'm not the only one seeing it!!!!!:nutkick:

You think I am worried about a thread on this forum..

Nut, all I care about is going and giving an honest days work... it's you that is so consumed with the hatred of management and FedEx..

even if they were going downhill (which the majority of us know they are not..) I would splash my happy ltl-loving arse down somewhere.. not because I am good.. but because the good man upstairs will look after me, and my past employers will speak up to my working record and work ethic..

And like I have said before.. I could care less who likes or dis-likes me.. If I wanted a friend, I would buy a dog...

It seems that you are the only one consumed with what everyone else thinks on here..

go to bed, it's late and you have to work tomorrow! lol :hysterical:

Try not to dream about me when you go!! :holysheep:

You think I am worried about a thread on this forum..

Nut, all I care about is going and giving an honest days work... it's you that is so consumed with the hatred of management and FedEx..

even if they were going downhill (which the majority of us know they are not..) I would splash my happy ltl-loving arse down somewhere.. not because I am good.. but because the good man upstairs will look after me, and my past employers will speak up to my working record and work ethic..

And like I have said before.. I could care less who likes or dis-likes me.. If I wanted a friend, I would buy a dog...

It seems that you are the only one consumed with what everyone else thinks on here..

go to bed, it's late and you have to work tomorrow! lol :hysterical:

Try not to dream about me when you go!! :holysheep:

I will have nightmares gtr because I'm afraid there's someone on here that don't like me.....:biglaugh:

I will have nightmares gtr because I'm afraid there's someone on here that don't like me.....:biglaugh:

Me too.. but most of them are on the threads that begin with the letter "U"

You would think that Al Pacino was my uncle or something..