FedEx Freight | LineHaul Realignment

Here in wmd they are adding 25 more doors to give us 50 door total, don't know why. our city operation doesn't call for this many door. i ask why the expantion and was told we were would be getting more area,and that leads me to believe that fedex is trying to combine centers,i don't know.also everybodys talking realieghment.here in wmd for years i would haul chicago frt 250 milea south to ric hub and they would send michagan west to hgr,waste of money and makes no sense to me,what do i know ,i'm just a driver.

Ok,,, for those who don't know,,, there is a "system wide" meeting next wed,,, the 28th.... EVERY center is supposed to have a meeting sometime that day............ Want to add to the rumors ???? The meeting is set as far as I know,,,, (and many sources) ,,, but whats it about ???? New centers,,, new/ old runs,,, mandatory dock work for linehaul,,, ????? etc......

I think it's about chargeing the drivers a fuel surcharge for use of FedEx equipment to make your run. There goes the raise!

add a rumor..

heard there will be no daylight runs out of the satellites all freight for am is going to the hubs, just heard this yesterday, like I said rumor, but the supervisor that let this out got into some trouble from what I was told!
We can only guess but here goes the dovetailing and up rooting our people, bad time to try to sell a house!!:hide:

Wow, a slip of the lip and now the scm is gone? Is it really big news or was he not a good o'l boy?

This just goes to show how a non CDL holder in this company is regarded. This company could give a $hit less about the human factor. Important things like the man feeding his family, the man sacrificing time away from his family to do his job for this piece of $hit company....and so on and so on. I hate FedEx and all of their bull$hit rules and crap.

one board? just like a union company. I was going to buy a new car and was told that I might want to wait. This company is getting worse. They want to run it like a union we shoudl just get a union. Mark my words that before this issue is over there will be more fedex ground in our hubs then there will be us. Thanks for People First.

good ol boy

Wow, a slip of the lip and now the scm is gone? Is it really big news or was he not a good o'l boy?

He was a good guy.I think he just could not keep in any longer.I feel like he wanted us to know so we would not be so surprised.The feeling we got was that upper employees have know about this for a long time.

Grapevine!!!!!

heard there will be no daylight runs out of the satellites all freight for am is going to the hubs, just heard this yesterday, like I said rumor, but the supervisor that let this out got into some trouble from what I was told!
We can only guess but here goes the dovetailing and up rooting our people, bad time to try to sell a house!!:hide:

From what i'm hearin about 14 center's are involved in the confress call on Wed/28/2008.
Management want's to get rid of some of the day run's if not all day run's.
People are gonna have to be moved around to different center's,not sure on how the company will work that out.
Like i said this is just what i heared,don't know how much truth this has in it.
Good Luck all involved.:1036316054:

How do you know it sounds bad? Not every center is having the meetings and mgmt has been very tight lipped about the meeting, I've not heard a single thing about it slip out yet. Tell us, tell us!

roog