FedEx Freight | Listen to the Anti Union Guys, PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to get that fork lift operator there, don't they?

Guardrail

Not talking about shuttles. Long mileage relays and laydowns.
Run empties right along side PT to cover freight going the other direction.
It happens at least two to three days a week. But hey, PT is cheaper, right?

If your employees think their job is the next one to be farmed out there is an intangible cost to consider as well.

You forget to mention the biggest cost: The lack of trust instilled in the drivers eho drive trucks and wear clothes with your company name on it.

That can run into some high costs in more negative ways than you think.

I thought I covered that in the above quote.

You still working on mine?
Or .....
It's cheaper to run three sets of doubles instead of two triples due to increased wear and tear and diminished fuel mileage?
We've pretty much given up pulling triples on I-5.

Ok. You did. I only focused on a post or 2.
Those posts would make me wonder why s
anybody would vote no.

They have the total degrading attitude that only the company built the business. Its the ideal i attack not the person.
Its an ideal that doesn't see that the top execs dont and cant really do the job. Nor the shateholders or board. Without their Labor doing what they do, servicing the customers....the company ceases to exist. Some guys have participated in building the company for many years and they earned that freight. Too just give it away to another company which instills fear by threatening loss of money or work is outright wrong. If these guys want a guaremteed amt of the work from the company THEY built it should be negotiated for and put in writing.
Our company can but hasn't used cartage since 92 but did thru August causing more trouble than worth. Im surprised nobody went to h
jail over it. Our guys see it not just as company freight but OUR freight to which we service and maintain. It takes 2 parties...the company....AND Labor.

You still working on mine?
Or .....
It's cheaper to run three sets of doubles instead of two triples due to increased wear and tear and diminished fuel mileage?
We've pretty much given up pulling triples on I-5.

I didn't see a post of yours directed at me that I hadn't answered.

That depends on over how long of a distance you are allowed to pull those 2 sets of triples before you have to break and hook, and exactly how l o n g those 3 guys take to do so. Guys getting paid by the mile and charging very little to break and hook seems to make that type of stuff happen much more quickly.

They have the total degrading attitude that only the company built the business. Its the ideal i attack not the person.
Its an ideal that doesn't see that the top execs dont and cant really do the job. Nor the shateholders or board. Without their Labor doing what they do, servicing the customers....the company ceases to exist. Some guys have participated in building the company for many years and they earned that freight. Too just give it away to another company which instills fear by threatening loss of money or work is outright wrong. If these guys want a guaremteed amt of the work from the company THEY built it should be negotiated for and put in writing.
Our company can but hasn't used cartage since 92 but did thru August causing more trouble than worth. Im surprised nobody went to h
jail over it. Our guys see it not just as company freight but OUR freight to which we service and maintain. It takes 2 parties...the company....AND Labor.

A mechanic can't fix a car without any tools. Tools without a mechanic aren't exactly effective. Mechanics need to take care of their tools.

The fact that you see things as 2 parties (company and labor) is indicative of the problem. It's one giant Rube Goldberg device with several components. It's not your freight, or their freight. It's the shipper/consignee's freight, your employer has been hired to transport it. You've been hired by your employer to provide one part of that process.

I didn't see a post of yours directed at me that I hadn't answered.

That depends on over how long of a distance you are allowed to pull those 2 sets of triples before you have to break and hook, and exactly how l o n g those 3 guys take to do so. Guys getting paid by the mile and charging very little to break and hook seems to make that type of stuff happen much more quickly.

Refer to post #102.
Re triples. They gave up the entire length of I-5 in Or from Med to Por 270 miles.
Rough math makes that a waste of over $500 for every set of triples not pulled every day.

Thank god RC is a Rocket Cientist. I'll pledge $1 towards his starting his own trucking company, since he knows way more than a $40 billion company does.

Go RC! You da man!

Even the village idiot should be able to see that in certain instances this $40,000,000,000 company needlessly throws away money hand over fist.
Maybe some day you climb into that mental category.
Oh, BTW, missed your oh so valuable input, even if you can't spell scientist.

Even the village idiot should be able to see that in certain instances this $40,000,000,000 company needlessly throws away money hand over fist.
Maybe some day you climb into that mental category.
Oh, BTW, missed your oh so valuable input, even if you can't spell scientist.

Glad to see you're blind to my sarcasm. And yes, from your perspective, having no education at all, this $40 billion company wastes money. Of course, if only you were in charge...we'd be bankrupt. Go find a venture capitalist to fund your delusion about using a 50+ year old business model in the deregulated business we're in, since the only companies using it are ABF and YRC. How're they doing?? OOPs, they're dying.

ST

Time to live up to your name, driver.
Aren't you up way past your bedtime?
We do care about you and want the public to be safe from you tonight.
Oh yes, that antiquated model appears to work fantastically for OD.
I mean, who would of ever thought of having truck drivers drive trucks instead of forklifts.

since the only companies using it are ABF and YRC. How're they doing?? OOPs, they're dying.

ST

· Second quarter 2014 net income more than triples from year-ago level to $17.2 million and $0.63 per share, or $17.8 million and $0.65 per share, excluding pension settlement charges
· Improved operating results at ABF FreightSM achieved from increased business levels, better revenue yields and a lower cost structure

· Revenue growth at emerging businesses continues
· Panther nearly triples second quarter operating profit compared to 2013

Yep, surely looks like ABF is dying alright.

https://www.abfs.com/about/news/2014/p073114.asp

It's human nature to not realize how good you have things, until you don't.

Yeah or to look at other ltl companies that are half the size, that have way better benefits. But there is no way we could have better. lmao Nobody buys your company agenda.

Yeah or to look at other ltl companies that are half the size, that have way better benefits. But there is no way we could have better. lmao Nobody buys your company agenda.

That's called envy.

Lobby for what you believe you have earned, not what you feel entitled to just because someone else has it.

That's called envy.

Lobby for what you believe you have earned, not what you feel entitled to just because someone else has it.

Tell it to the top dog CEO's and bankers who all make livings under contract.
Just following the " successful" leaders of capitalism.
Now it's called envy?

Status
Not open for further replies.